Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunedin biker ladies!

Bike
    1983 XV 750 Midnight Special 883 Hugger

Smile Dunedin biker ladies!

Theres alot of ladies bikers in Dunedin young and old lets get together on here and get to know everyone and maybe organise some rides social get togethers ect for starters im Sue 40 ish ! riden bikes since i was 15 from SL125 XL250 TS125 XT500 CB500FOUR Katana 650 and my XV750 . so if we can start a list and just see how many of us there are !

Bike
    RIP MAGGIE LETS GO NIGHTSTER
    Well gudday there i guess i'm 1st on your list lol.....

Bike
    Ducati Monster 400
    Thanks for the invite Sue, count me in too! Shor rides to Taieri Mouth, Port Chalmers, Portobello, Outram, longer rides to Moeraki, Macraes, Milton (just kidding!), lets get going while we still have daylight saving and before my rego runs out inMarch and i have to decide whether to renew it or not for winter!!!

Bike
    KTM 990 Adv, Gas Gas EC300,

Latte's in Lawrence

Why don't you just get on with it tomorrow and ride to Lawrence to the Arts Festival - its usually really good (its on Sat and Sunday - the Sunday has an Irish band playing in the afternoon at Marama Lodge as you go into Lawrence - but the weather looks better for tomorrow)
    If you're up there tomorrow we might even cross paths - look for a blue Transalp - assuming you will actually still talk to male KBers!!

Bike
    1983 XV 750 Midnight Special 883 Hugger
    Well thats a couple of us so far ! No problems with male bikers just nice to get some girls together on bikes.
    got to go to Oamaru tomorow ,back at work monday that sucks ! summer is still coming ( i hope ). and yea rego i should do that !

Bike
    I'm keen for rides but need a bit of time to organise sitter for kids.... on my own so it's a bit of a mission sometimes to get shot of the 3 little dears lol... any of you girls heading up to the vincent at all as i am definately going would be good to meet some fellow dunners gals there....and it's such a beautiful day today but alas children come first

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by botb View Post
    I'm keen for rides but need a bit of time to organise sitter for kids.... on my own so it's a bit of a mission sometimes to get shot of the 3 little dears lol... any of you girls heading up to the vincent at all as i am definately going would be good to meet some fellow dunners gals there....and it's such a beautiful day today but alas children come first
    At the risk of being told to bugger off to the boys room - you might also be interested in the BRONZ Otago TT run next weekend to Galloway (site of the Vincent Rally and BRONZ Otago organises this rally as well). Its only a one nighter (Sat the 20th) which might be easier for baby sitters, cost is minimal (about $8) and they also say its a reasonably child friendly one (why you would want to take children unless there was no other choice is beyond me but...).
    From the reports in their newsletter it looks like they should get 50+ riders so its a good sized group and they will be relatively local which could be good for you to get to know others near you, compared to the Vincent which has huge numbers from all over the place. It also looks from the newsletter like they know how to have a good time! They also have some sort of catering trailer which goes to these events with them.
    I probably sound a bit vague - I'm going to this TT run but it will be the first one I've done. I'd love to go to the Vincent but I doubt its going to work out.
    From what I hear they would also be a good group to ride up with as they're predominantly not into hyperspeed sports riding.
    Cheers

Bike
    Thanks for the suggestion but i have only budgeted for vincent so will stick with that will be riding up with others well they will be 1/2 hour ahead of me lol as i'm not a speedster .... and taking kids hell no lol the bike is "My Time" sorry kids still love ya's....

Bike

Dunedin and surrounding area KB get together

It does beg the question whether it would be worth trying a get together of all KBrs in the greater Dunedin area. WE had a fantastic weekend in Dec with KB'rs from around the South Island we met up at a shearers quarters near Otematata.
    Would you guys be interested in something closer - the Chatto Creek club do an annual ride to a site on the Otago Peninsula. If we chose somewhere like that then those who can stay can, and those that can just come for part of the day can just do that.
    Would it be good to have some event so people can put faces and names together??? If you guys reckon it would then we can start a new thread and start trying to pick a date and possible venues.
    Cheers

Bike
    Ducati Monster 400
    Great to hear from you rural man, yes i would love to meet up with other bikers, both male and female. I think Midnight Special and I were looking first at getting our confidence back first before becoming more publicly known to other bikers!! Maybe its a woman thing I go to give other riders a bit of a wave on the open road and find I'm so busy concentrating on the road and what I'm doing I've been remiss in returning a friendly hello. . . . that will change with confidence I'm sure, one good thing is bikers still do it now as they did 25 years ago (except for Harley riders, they never wave .
    Wold love to know of future dates for a Chatto Creek get together on the peninsula, if I can, both my other half and I will be there. (May even throw my 14 yr old daughter on the back once I get a helmet for her.)
    Rain and fog outside, going to have another sambuca and forget an evening ride. . . .

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Im in... we need just a regular general Kber Meet/Ride in Dunedin...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by NighthawkNZ View Post
    Im in... we need just a regular general Kber Meet/Ride in Dunedin...
    I'm a bit wary of having anything too organized like a club or anything - don't think thats what you are getting at??? The real strength of KB is being able to pull things together at short notice or months in advance without any particular organized structure - just people doing it if they feel like it and when they can.
    Personally I'd like to know a few others who can take some time during the week for a ride on a nice day - a lot have job and other commitments that make this difficult.- any starters??
    I do think we need one significant local get together so that people have a chance to meet and then the other stuff will flow more easily off that - (including all the shit throwing on here 9which can then become more finely targeted!!). If people want to do this big get together annually then fine but that can happen later.
    The Chatto creek club goes over to a place at Hoopers Inlet - I'll talk to Jantar about the venue.

Bike
    a blue one VN 900c
    Count me in. Be great to meet some other biker ladies (and guys)from Dunedin. Im just getting back into it too. Hope to go to the Vincent havent been before but it sounds like a good un. Could do a ride week day too with a bit of notice.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruralman View Post
    I'm a bit wary of having anything too organized like a club or anything - don't think thats what you are getting at??? The real strength of KB is being able to pull things together at short notice or months in advance without any particular organized structure - just people doing it if they feel like it and when they can.
    Personally I'd like to know a few others who can take some time during the week for a ride on a nice day - a lot have job and other commitments that make this difficult.- any starters??
    I do think we need one significant local get together so that people have a chance to meet and then the other stuff will flow more easily off that - (including all the shit throwing on here 9which can then become more finely targeted!!). If people want to do this big get together annually then fine but that can happen later.
    The Chatto creek club goes over to a place at Hoopers Inlet - I'll talk to Jantar about the venue.
    No not as in a club, there are enough of them about, and I am a memeber of the OMCC and BRONZ already and in a sense the KBer Club... but a organised regular ride that newbies, experienced and young and the old riders can go on. Not worrying what you ride (as long as it can keep up with the open road traffic) Nothing fast or racey... go on the track for that...

There would be realistcly only be a couple of rules;
    1. Abide by the laws and road rules...
    2. Act like an idiot on the road and you won't be welcome on any more rides.

There should be a leader on the ride that knows the choosen route and a TEC (Tail End Charlie) bringing up the rear, every one knows where we are going and we have fun on the ride.

I finish work at 3pm and usually by 3:30 ona nice day I am out cruising but would be nice to have company of some other riders. And with the full summer season coming up and (hopefully) the warmer weather even if its in the early evening while day light saving is on.

I just like riding even at a cruisy pace...

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by FREE2B View Post
    Hope to go to the Vincent havent been before but it sounds like a good un. Could do a ride week day too with a bit of notice.
    I'm 99% sure I be going to this one too, soo can ride up with you... and pretty sure Scumdog will be wanting to go so probably meet up with him along the way, and possibly a couple of others.

Thread Information