Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Oggy Nobbs

Bike
    big black k6 GiX
    Just to continue on this thread, Im chasing some crash knobs for my k6 but I'm not having much luck finding ones that dont require the fairings to be cut, does anyone know if they exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Smorg View Post
    Just to continue on this thread, Im chasing some crash knobs for my k6 but I'm not having much luck finding ones that dont require the fairings to be cut, does anyone know if they exist?
    ebay has them little more expensive since you have to get a bracket with them

aka
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NO-CU...spagenameZWDVW

Bike
    GSXR450
    F1 Engineering in Hamilton, Steve Bridge makes them so the Faifing does not need to be cut at all, and a bloody good product
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
    ebay has them little more expensive since you have to get a bracket with them

aka
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NO-CU...spagenameZWDVW
    beautiful, nothing like a nice lever to do some fairing damage and put undue stress on the frame and engine mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    beautiful, nothing like a nice lever to do some fairing damage and put undue stress on the frame and engine mounts.
    yep thats what believe to Dover, rather have a hole thru the fairing, but each to there own.

He asked for no cut ones, so ones i gave him a link for.

But like Shaun said get old of F1 engering or Dovers friend Jason and motostyle

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Quote Originally Posted by Smorg View Post
    Wifey and myself both have K6 750s, I got some Motovation crash bungs ( the yanks call them "frame sliders") in from the states. I highly recommend them, a great crowd to deal with, and we had them in about 10 days after ordering, and that was at Christmas time. They are no-cut ones, with a beaut bracket for the left hand side bung

Bike
    04 GSXR 1000
    Blog Entries
    Im after Oggi knobs for my new bike....Colemans quoted around $400 for the kit which does not cut into the fairings...

Now after reading this thread Im a little unsure about what to get.

Any cheaper suggestions?
    My bass is such a slapper.......I cant stop fingering those strings

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawk View Post
    Im after Oggi knobs for my new bike....Colemans quoted around $400 for the kit which does not cut into the fairings...

Any cheaper suggestions?
    I priced up the materials for a set recently. Nylatrol, Aluminium and Stainless Steel bolts. $40.

Bike
    GSXR450

Any cheaper suggestions?

F1 Engineering Hamilton
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    I'd certainly give F1 a call... but I've heard bad things about the ones that have that mounting bracket so you don't cut the fairings.

Just how strong is the bracket? I'm thinking that with 170-200kgs of bike comes down on it in a crash it's just gonna bend right? so why waste the money?

Might just cut the fairings instead... in which case there are two options yeh? One is to cut a hole for the bolt to go through? and the other is to cut a semi-circle (on mine) to mount it within the fairings itself.

Which way would be best?

Bike
    02' ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    F1 Engineering Hamilton
    How do you get hold of these guys and will they need to sight the bike or know the details for most bikes already?
    Need something to do when not riding??? Come and learn to dance with us at www.cerocstars.co.nz

Bike
    08 CRF 450, 2K RSV-R
    http://rapidartnz.com/

F1 Engineerings website
    XLR8 Racing
    Spectrum Motorcycles
    Computerforce
    Metzler, Maxima oils

Bike
    big black k6 GiX
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    Any proof to this claim? If its gonna fuck things up i'd rather have holes in my fairings

Bike
    04 GSXR 1000
    Blog Entries
    *scratches head* Ok so its better to just cut the fairings rather than have brackets.
    My bass is such a slapper.......I cant stop fingering those strings

*scratches head* Ok so its better to just cut the fairings rather than have brackets.
    Kitty hawk it depends on what model you have, pm what ya got, and i will let ya know what to get, that would suit ya bike the best

Thread Information