Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ChCh: Pre-1980 Japanese classic run photos

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Ohh.. yeah sorry, its a have a go day at ruapuna on the 18th, and i'll be helping out there and running in the old Kat in clubmans.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    2022 GSX-S1000GT
    Outstanding! Good to see them all still going strong. I have a particular soft spot for the T500 (owned two of those at different times, complete with z-bars, chambers, usual drama) and the CB750 (the first 'big' bike I owned). I often think of the T500 when I hear people complain that the brakes on one or other of the new bikes are not good enough. You learned pretty fast that the Suzy brakes could be used in anger three or four times in quick succession and then they would just quietly fade away...combined with the big hinge that was the swing arm, and the plastic tyres, it fair kept you on your toes. How did we ever survive?! Top marks to the RE5 owner too - long time since I saw one of those.

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
    I often think of the T500 when I hear people complain that the brakes on one or other of the new bikes are not good enough. You learned pretty fast that the Suzy brakes could be used in anger three or four times in quick succession and then they would just quietly fade away...combined with the big hinge that was the swing arm, and the plastic tyres, it fair kept you on your toes. .

I wasn't game to try for three or four times.... Just rode so I didn't have to use them much!

Only time I ever had a tankslapper was on the T500! Thought I was going to die! Best time Warkworth to Wellsford was 8 1/2 min. Top speed 112 mph! I loved it! Sold it to get married and always regretted it, (selling the bike - only occaisionally regretted gettin' married... ). Now 30 years later, me and the Missus are back on a bike again and enjoying ourselves!

Seeing these old bikes really stirs the nostalgia! Great to see them being ridden and appreciated!
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    '69 K0, '71 Stinger, '73 Z1, '74 AC50

I will post up some more pics...

In this thread after we get back on the 18th. Have a 50cc Suzuki comming, says he's good for 105kph but I'm not sure for how long.

Bike
    '87 VTZ250 & '72 CB175
    Sweet as, I'll be there in my cage at the back as per usual - so I don't inadvertently run anyone over ;/. Look like a bit of a twat chasing after a group of bikers, but until I can afford it I guess I'm relegated to the position of the spare prick at the proverbial wedding.
    Wear QUASiMOTO !

Bike
    Assorted dinosaurs
    Blog Entries
    Really wish I could have been there,looking forward to the pix... but Im still trying to get my '77 GS750/Dunstall finished, maybe Ill make it to next months run?, Watch this space....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DunstallGS750.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	54100   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2DunstallGS750.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	54241  
    ITS NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT,BUT WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT
    https://hondacx500custombuild.blogspot.com/?m=1

Bike
    '69 K0, '71 Stinger, '73 Z1, '74 AC50

Pictures of the February 18th run....

Thread Information