Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike ride's in Auckland for 250cc's, interested?

Bike
    1990, Honda CBR250RR

Arrow Bike ride's in Auckland for 250cc's, interested?

Hi all,

I'm sure there are lots of you that are interested in taking your bike for a ride in the weekend. So with the help of a few others i'd like to organise a group that could go riding on either a saturday or sunday in the Auckland area

Please register your interest in this idea and the frequency of the rides. The best way to do this would be to reply to this thread, rather than private message me. That way we can get an indication of how many there are.

The rides will be auckland based but can and will stretch the limits to perhaps area's of the coromandel and the bay of island, even further if there is interest. I'm quite keen to do a bit of travelling down around the south island for about a week so some may be interested in pursuing that idea further.

But first lets get some interest and perhaps some good routes for a few rides.

So post back with your handle (name) and the details of your bike with your ideas.

Mines a Honda CBR 250 RR.

Both men and women more than welcome to register their interest, and although this is a 250cc forum I'm happy for larger bikes to attend as well.

Aff-man if your listening ask around and let me know who else would be interested. And hopefully I'll see you this weekend and we'll put some distance on the clock.

Darkdream

p.s. If anyone is already attached to a club that does this sort of thing then could you let everyone know? Cheers again.

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Hmm maybe but looks like i am going to be upgrading soon will us slow riders with slightly larger bikes still be welcome??

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Well i might be keen for arvo rides on Saturday, but then again im upgrading soon, and ive only got a little 150

I ride a RG150, and im a slow rider......

Might be keen, but generally go on blats with MR....
    See Robert Taylor for any Ohlins requirements www.northwest.co.nz
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC
    I use DID Chains and Akrapovic Exhausts

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Smoker
    Jeez, TS - enough already with the "Slow rider" and "ride like a nana" stuff...
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    Well i might be keen for arvo rides on Saturday, but then again im upgrading soon, and ive only got a little 150

Might be keen, but generally go on blats with MR....
    Yo nana, you keen to go out riding this weekend? On saturday, you should give us a text after work and we'll see if we can meet somewhere if your keen.

Bike
    BMW K1200R
    If you can tolerate my slowness I'm keen!

And I don't mean slow in a TS sense, I mean really slow, like "being passed by mums with push chairs" slow..

Well not really that bad, more like "I like my new toy and don't want to break it" slow..

So with that proviso, I'm keen to ride with anyone, anywhere, anytime!

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC.
    What??????? I am slow, that guy on the CBR250RR was doing 1:18's, TWO SECONDS FASTER THAN ME!!!!!! Im sure he had a CBR400RR with 250 stickers

Yep MR im keen as hell, just gassed it up and took the glazing of my sliders lol, they hadn't been used in a while ......
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Im keen for most sundays. Pref late morning or afternoon starts, south islands ideas sounds good (in summer of course).

Im on a Suzuki GF250, medium paced road rider, im not that quick on unfamiliar windy roads tho.... but that should be a given.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    1990, Honda CBR250RR

Auckland Bike Ride UPDATE!!!!!

Hi All,

After reading the posts it seems the concerning factors are:

• Will I be fast enough
    • Does it matter if my bike is not a 250cc

The answer to these questions are simple. Firstly I'm sure we'll all be fast enough. Intially we can start off slow and some of us (including myself) become better riders then we can increase the speed.

As for having different sized bikes, it's not a concern to myself. I'm just keen to get more bikes on the road as I hardly ever see any! And lets be honest, there isn't any feeling like taking that corner nice and sweet!

The main purpose of this is to get like minded people out on the road enjoying a good ride. After a while a few of us may even look to organise weekend rides, organise accomodation etc.......and basically enjoy riding our bikes.

If some people want to go faster then the group can split into two or three if necessary and at the end we'll all meet up at the destination.

Hope this helps out all

Represent

Darkdream

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    I'll be keen. But I'll be very very green. So maybe a month or two from now?

Bike: VTR250

Bike
    Honda PC800
    What??????? I am slow, that guy on the CBR250RR was doing 1:18's, TWO SECONDS FASTER THAN ME!!!!!! Im sure he had a CBR400RR with 250 stickers

Yep MR im keen as hell, just gassed it up and took the glazing of my sliders lol, they hadn't been used in a while ......
    Don't talk shit TS
    Pukie is and always will be a horsepower track. put you guys on taupo or even dare I say it manfeild and see if he's faster than ya--I bet all the tea in china he wont be.
    what you need is rocket assist down the back straight of pukie.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    hhmmmmm this is sounding more and more like a KB ride, my advice is just come along on a KB ride
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC

Bike
    Not many, if any
    hey guys - ive done a number of these runs etc and have genuinely run slow and watched the back of the pack.

If ever anybody is keen to run North on Old North, Peaks, or SH16 to wellsford be sure to say so here! Shaede and i both shift work but apparently do get days off somewhere..

We are riding north tomorrow for anyone keen, if so give us a text or something on 021 16 55 668, prolly a morning run so 10amish @ Shell Westgate.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaka-Kid
    hey guys - ive done a number of these runs etc and have genuinely run slow and watched the back of the pack.

If ever anybody is keen to run North on Old North, Peaks, or SH16 to wellsford be sure to say so here! Shaede and i both shift work but apparently do get days off somewhere..

We are riding north tomorrow for anyone keen, if so give us a text or something on 021 16 55 668, prolly a morning run so 10amish @ Shell Westgate.
    Man whats this "day off" thing????? ive never had one of those

Yep im keen next saturday to take some of you guys out for a blat in the arvo.... How does that sound??? maybe we could do the famous SH22????
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC

Thread Information