Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ZXR250 (A & C Models) Spanner Night

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by sallo View Post
    Cool, i think i see where i could fit in what looks like it mite be a 10mm into what might connect onto what might just possible be the headlights...
    If you're doing electrics....

Check the wattage rating of your bike before "upgrading" bulbs, the wiring may not be able to handle the increased current.

You can check...
    Alternator output
    REG/REC output
    CDI workings
    Test wiring loom

Another one is replacing the lights behind the dash.

Hey PF why don't you just start will a rolling chassis and we'll build a zxr from scratch??
    Lump lingered last in line for brains,
    And the ones she got were sort of rotten and insane...

Bike
    1990 Kawasaki Zxr250
    Quote Originally Posted by aff-man View Post
    If you're doing electrics....

Hey PF why don't you just start will a rolling chassis and we'll build a zxr from scratch??
    But how would that help thoese that have bent their frames.
    We should start with an idea and work from there.
    O yea, and a multi million dollar R & D budget
    Phenoix the bike riding Phoenix.
    For from his crash, he shall rise again.
    And now his Bikes all back together again, YAY

Bike
    none...
    Quote Originally Posted by sallo View Post
    yeah im keen to learn how to plastic weld....watch out rookie i mite start using your bike as donor plastic
    oooo...someones turned kawa green with envy...dont take it out on me.

Check the wattage rating of your bike before "upgrading" bulbs, the wiring may not be able to handle the increased current.
    Hmmm....last time I checked, the bulb doesnt produce power but drains it.

Another one is replacing the lights behind the dash.

Now that you mention it one of mine need replacing
    Quote Buddy L:"The bike's like BOOM, the motor's like BOOM!
    the exhaust is like....b-BANG!!
    the whole bike's like WAAAAEEEEEEHH!!!"

Bike
    08 RMZ250
    you also have to try on the spanner night( how to change my 250 into a 600),i think all you need is a 10,14 and 8mm set of open enders, after riding rookies bike today in glad i sold my A model to a sucker!!!!
    If you need a hand on that night im keen to learn more about the 4 stroke motor, and also fork seals you can use Rookies bike for the donner on that one!

Bike
    none...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy L View Post
    you also have to try on the spanner night( how to change my 250 into a 600),i think all you need is a 10,14 and 8mm set of open enders, after riding rookies bike today in glad i sold my A model to a sucker!!!!
    If you need a hand on that night im keen to learn more about the 4 stroke motor, and also fork seals you can use Rookies bike for the donner on that one!
    Nothing wrong with the 250's...i saw the grin on your face after riding my bike.

As for the fork seals...yep its true...I'm hoping to do those in the near future

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    If

I dont know whether you are taking the piss, but I just happen to have bought a zxr that I am thinking about rebuilding, or maybe selling. I would be happy to use this bike as a group learning experience.

I have stripped and rebuilt two zxr's, this one however requires a bit more work, I am trying to get the motor running mint as well. I am pretty clued up on the main points with the ZXR ( I have now had 4 of them) so would be happy to come along and see if I can help out.
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    Ok so a few more things to add to the list... Dunno if AffMan was joking or not but we're practically going to be doing a re-build anyway lol

Brett: Do you think it would be worth it to start with a re-build project and just go through it that way? The biggest problem with that idea if you do decide to use your new re-build project is that the progress on your re-build would depend on the progress of the group and how many day/evening sessions we put it in...

And yes, all other bikers are welcome, the idea was to focus on mainly ZXR's, but there are a lot of universal things we will cover, so your more than welcome to come along
    I'm not a complete idiot... some pieces are missing

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong
    "Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

mucho papoosa bueno no panocha

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post

Hmmm....last time I checked, the bulb doesnt produce power but drains it.
    You sure are a rookie. Of course it drains it... but it will pull the required current through your wires if you have say a 48watt bulb running at 12 volts it will draw 4 amps if you have a 60watt at 12 it will draw 5. So if your wires are rated at 4 amps and you put a 60watt bulb in the 5 amps going through them will make them glow before destroyong them and possibly surrounding plastics. Now you get it....

And no I wasn't joking. Brett what needs doing on your bike?? And how far you wanna go?? Hell if you had the time,tools and $$$ you could take an old zxr and build it up to be in as new condition. REbuild engine and carbs, spray frame.wheeles and fairings. REbuilf front and rear suspension etc etc etc

Bike
    And no I wasn't joking. Brett what needs doing on your bike?? And how far you wanna go?? Hell if you had the time,tools and $$$ you could take an old zxr and build it up to be in as new condition. REbuild engine and carbs, spray frame.wheeles and fairings. REbuilf front and rear suspension etc etc etc
    With the current list of things people would like to share and learn, rebuilding a whole bike might be worth the while, that way it also opens the option of actually having a bike for painting demonstrations and so forth...

"Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by placidfemme View Post
    With the current list of things people would like to share and learn, rebuilding a whole bike might be worth the while, that way it also opens the option of actually having a bike for painting demonstrations and so forth...
    And I dunno, depending on how many people want to come... maybe if you got a "donation" pool running or something to see how much cash you are working with then arder in all the parts and have a donor bike or something. Then once you have all the parts you split the work into several nights.
    i.e

night 1 : dismanteling a bike
    night 2 : dismanteling an engine (and possibly doing rings and cleanout and checking gears and cam chains)
    night 3 : engine reconstructuction and radiator flush.
    night 4: fork rebuild and rear shock check (kinda hard to rebuild unless you got all new parts)
    night 5 : engine replacement and carb reconstruction.
    night 6 : electrics explained and remounted
    night 7 : running bike
    night 8 : plastic welding techniques / fibreglassing (budget for home job)
    night 9 : fairing prep and spray. (if you want to do the frame and rims we'll do it whe all the bits are off as it is easier but can do that outside of "class")
    night 10: replacing all bodywork and finishing polish
    night 11 : party time.

All things like checking oil levels, spark plugs and such will be explained on thier relevant night. The nights will be broken down into very specific things depending on how long you want each to be..

It would be good if this was free but depending on how far you want to go and such you will need funding, either sponsership or people have to pay...

Then again you could just go over the simple stuff for free....

Bike
    none...
    Perhaps, whoevers bike is benefiting from the work than they could cover parts cost??

say for example during one of the classes we were covering...ooo i guess fork seal replacement...than i wouldnt have a problem covering the cost of the required parts and fluids just as a random example

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Perhaps, whoevers bike is benefiting from the work than they could cover parts cost??

say for example during one of the classes we were covering...ooo i guess fork seal replacement...than i wouldnt have a problem covering the cost of the required parts and fluids just as a random example
    hahahahahaha and by pure coincidence the $67.50 an hour mechanics charge will be wavered

Bike
    none...
    hahahahahaha and by pure coincidence the $67.50 an hour mechanics charge will be wavered
    daaammn...glad i dont use the same mechanic as you

East City Motorcycles...$50 per hour

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    daaammn...glad i dont use the same mechanic as you

East City Motorcycles...$50 per hour
    mate that's excluding gst...

Why I started working on my own bikes,

Bike
    Well I think a donation wouldn't be hurtful to anyones wallet... Wouldn't have to be more than $5 or so... really depends on if Brett wants to use his new project bike as the example bike and so I think it's only fair if he decides (if we use his bike).

Thread Information