Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cafe racers

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbuoy View Post
    Yeah not strictly a true brit cafe, I don't feel so bad about changing a CB750 as there are so many originals around. And with Brit bikes being fairly costly in comparison both to run and buy bits for, A jappa is a practicle alternative. I bought mine for less than a grand, not many Triumphs or Nortons going for that money.
    And that (to me) is what a Cafe racer is all about. Taking something 'cheapish' and making into something else..

Cool stuff...

There was an article in Classic bike a few years back about a guy that put a CB750 into a late 50's BSA frame and called it a Rocket 4. It had a full fairing so it was not real obvious. Upset a few of the purists but thats what the original rockers did anyway (up set people)

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Was cheapish to buy but finding myself getting a bit carried away at times with the budget. "I've replaced this so I might as well do that now I have it in bits blah blah...."

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbuoy View Post
    Was cheapish to buy but finding myself getting a bit carried away at times with the budget. "I've replaced this so I might as well do that now I have it in bits blah blah...."
    Oh I know how that goes... The purchase price is just the deposit...

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Oh I know how that goes... The purchase price is just the deposit...
    Oh lordy ain't that the truth!
    After what you spend on the actual purchase can only be spoken in whispers least SHE hears...

Nice pics posted back there Paul, that Norton gave me a chubby.
    Years ago my mate had a full Dunstall 950 Commando in safety yellow, now that was a cafe racer.
    I think he sold it to Des down your way, and bought a Mk5 straight out of the crate, so I forgave him...eventually.
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    Street Triple R
    OK, I'm resurrecting this thread. I bought the latest (in NZ) Classic Bikes last night and theres a story on Msr Godet from France. Just hit the link and look at the (in my view) complete ultimate cafe racer "If I won Big Wednesday you could stick your range rover up your bum I want one of these".

Its just amazing. Check out his other stuff also.

http://www.godet-motorcycles.com/egli/egli03.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    1981 yamaha XV1000

Tx750/650

Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAD View Post
    yEARS AGo I had what at the time I thought was a cafe racer. Basically a Yammy TX650 twin motor & running gear wedged into a modified TX750 frame which had extra bracing and semi decent shocks, CDI ignition ,ect. Any extra shit was biffed to keep things nice and lean. A good mate bought it then had some extra long forks made for it to give it a slightl chopper look/handling. My point is : whatever the "label" it is really up to your own interpretation and your sense of style....and so endth the lesson
    Old thread...but , I was looking for an old TX650 Cafe-racer from the Whangarei-area, that an older Engineer had created . I saw your mention of thisTX, I built one tears ago exactly the same in the Manawatu . It worked well .

Thread Information