View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

291 31.91%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

96 10.53%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

408 44.74%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

177 19.41%
  • MSSA

66 7.24%
  • Pistol

78 8.55%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

35 3.84%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

313 34.32%
  • un-armed

305 33.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 161 of 676 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261661 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 10140

Thread: The firearm thread

Bike
    None
    I've been informed that the next Auckland Arms fair will be on the 4th - 5th of April

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Serious question here. Can a break barrel (those spring ones not a "fire"arm) 0.177 be used for pest control? Meaning, can they kill rabbits and possums?

At the moment I am tempted to buy one of those small spring operated rifles for pest control but no idea if they are good or bad (they can't be good can they? They are the bottom end models).

Many maintenance fees like motorbikes?

Thanks

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Serious question here. Can a break barrel (those spring ones not a "fire"arm) 0.177 be used for pest control? Meaning, can they kill rabbits and possums?

At the moment I am tempted to buy one of those small spring operated rifles for pest control but no idea if they are good or bad (they can't be good can they? They are the bottom end models).

Many maintenance fees like motorbikes?

Thanks
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...42615&page=151

Read from post 2260 onwards.

Another guy asked his, and the general opinion is that yes you could kill a possum and/or rabbit, but it can be a very messy.

You'd need a higher end model etc, and buy that time it's cheaper to get a licence and buy a cheap .22

-Indy

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Bike
    XR200
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Merde View Post
    I am tired !

Exhausted may better describe my current condition.

I am approaching middle age (53 yo in NOV).

I have been shooting firearms since the day I was 13 and my father introduced me to the Deerstalkers Assn in Ardmore with the instructions to them of "my son wants to shoot, teach him correctly".

I have shot every sort of firearm I could lay my hands on. I have shot competitively, actively and at other times just for fun (plinking).

I have been involved heavily in working for the right of persons such as myself to enjoy their chosen sport. (Did you know that pistol shooting was one of the originsal 6 disciplines of the modern olympic movement?).

After all these years i stiil find I am pasionate about my "CHOSEN SPORT".

What tires me is having to defend myself from those who would remove that right in some misbegotten belief that the world would be better off without people like me.

Firearms are dangerous.

Bollocks

People are dangerous. I proved this once by placing a .45 ACP pistol on a table in front of an avid anti gun advocate. Sha sat there looking at it until she asked me what i was doing. I replied that I was waiting for the pistol to jump up and shoot her. I saw the light go on. She suddenly understood that it was the person behind the gun that was dangerous. I took great pleasure in standing reference for her when she obtained her own firearms licence and helped her pick out a Sig 230 as her chosen pistol.

unfortunately this world is now run bhy those who look to blame. Nothing now is a matter of personal responsibility, its always the fault of someone or something else.

In the times of stress and danger we are the persons that are in demand. We are of value when someones right to blame is threatened. Afterwards we are the leppars of society.

Maybe I have the instiuncts of a caveman! Maybe I am an annachronism. Maybe I am someone who is capable of great violence.

But maybe I am someone who lives by their own personal beliefs not a collective diatribe. Maybe the caveman in me should be let be.

I know i have probably said all this before but every now and then I need to remind people that diversification is a good thing and sometimes the warrior type of person is needed.

Chris
    Great post but I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid.

Bike
    XR200
    Double post my bad.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_Jones View Post
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...42615&page=151

Read from post 2260 onwards.

Another guy asked his, and the general opinion is that yes you could kill a possum and/or rabbit, but it can be a very messy.

You'd need a higher end model etc, and buy that time it's cheaper to get a licence and buy a cheap .22

-Indy
    LOL from post 2260.... thanks for the link

Bike
    None
    LOL from post 2260.... thanks for the link
    No problem mate.

Hope you find out what you want. If not, just ask.

PS get a licence, you'll love it

-Indy

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_Jones View Post
    No problem mate.

Hope you find out what you want. If not, just ask.

PS get a licence, you'll love it

-Indy
    Alright, what does it take to have a license? I heard it's very similar to a car license yes?

Bike
    2003 Yamaha XT225, 2010 Electric scooter
    The spring ones can be pretty gutless, I certainly would not want to shoot rabbit or possum with one.

Some of the high-end pneumatics (read: "fucking expensive") would work at fairly close range on a vital spot (saw a trapped possum take a number of slugs to the head at practically point blank range - .22 pneumatic - it was a slow and messy death. Not fun.)

As Indy said: go for a firearms licence and a cheap .22lr - even a cheap single shot has a lot more "pest destruction" potential than the best pneumatic air rifles on the market - harder-hitting and more humane.
    http://wolfmotorcycling.freehostia.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a big hammer and a lot of care.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    Alright, what does it take to have a license? I heard it's very similar to a car license yes?
    No, you can't buy them for $400 in Auckland dairies...
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    None
    $123 application fee (seems steep but all you're paying for is the cop's time, so it's reasonable).

Give 2 references, which the cops have to interview in person (hence the fee again). Then they come to inspect your gun storage, in my case I brought a $40 gun rack off trademe.

Then you goto a gun safety course for a few hours, show you a video, go over the arms code, a lot of it is common sense stuff.

Then wait a few months and you'll be away laughing for the next 10 years.

A-cat licence will let you buy rifles (not all rifles though) and shotguns.

-Indy

Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    the spring ones can be pretty gutless, i certainly would not want to shoot rabbit or possum with one.

Some of the high-end pneumatics (read: "fucking expensive") would work at fairly close range on a vital spot (saw a trapped possum take a number of slugs to the head at practically point blank range - .22 pneumatic - it was a slow and messy death. Not fun.)

as indy said: Go for a firearms licence and a cheap .22lr - even a cheap single shot has a lot more "pest destruction" potential than the best pneumatic air rifles on the market - harder-hitting and more humane.
    my spring air rifle has no trouble killing rabbits or possums.

Trick is to get one thats over 1000fps.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    Anything I can straddle
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post
    Great post but I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid.
    Call me dense but I've lost the plot on this answer.

Paid what?
    "When you think of it,

Lifes a bowl of ....MERDE"

Bike
    Anything I can straddle
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    my spring air rifle has no trouble killing rabbits or possums.

Trick is to get one thats over 1000fps.
    Never having had an air rifle of any sort I bow to your superior knowledge in this matter.
    "When you think of it,

Lifes a bowl of ....MERDE"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Merde View Post
    Never having had an air rifle of any sort I bow to your superior knowledge in this matter.
    Never having had an air rifle capable of more than 1000fps, I'm jealous of him.

Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Thread Information