View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

291 31.91%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

96 10.53%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

408 44.74%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

177 19.41%
  • MSSA

66 7.24%
  • Pistol

78 8.55%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

35 3.84%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

313 34.32%
  • un-armed

305 33.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 676 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: The firearm thread

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe View Post
    a .410 gauge is more appropriate for home defence. Less likely to penetrate walls when family is on the other side.

I have a .410 side by side with external hammers. Nothings louder when shooting rifled slugs
    surely a rifled slug would go through the wall. You'd be better off with a nice spicy brew of salt and pepper. Then you could say you attacked the guy with 12 gauge condiments.
    Some things are worth dying for, living is one of them.

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    The Ruger 10/22 is the most reliable .22 semi-auto you can buy. The .22 cartridge is pretty dirty with the amount of muck it leaves in the chamber, but the 10/22 just keeps firing so long as you use the stock rotary magazine. It's less reliable when you use the 25/50 round banana clips that are available.

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    i think you must clean yours

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe View Post
    It's less reliable when you use the 25/50 round banana clips...
    But there's just something special about pulling the trigger 50 times in a row, isn't there?

I want an M2 Browning.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    You can get a 200 round mag for the Ruger 10/22. Now why would than be any more dangerous than a 10 round mag.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatjim View Post
    You can get a 200 round mag for the Ruger 10/22. Now why would than be any more dangerous than a 10 round mag.
    Well, you'd catch your trouser cuffs on it if you swung it around too far, to start with.
    - mikey

Bike
    Yeah Baby!
    Think circles, not rectangles

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatjim View Post
    Think circles, not rectangles
    Oh, of course.

Still, bags not being the one to load it by hand.
    - mikey

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    I've got a Bingham PPS50 (mine has a silver finish) with 50 round drum. I brought it from Harmony House. It's pretty useless as it jams every few rounds. The drum mag it poked so it's of no use.

I want to order a clip mag for it but you can only get 20 round mags and A cat only allows 15 rounds.

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    Just got inside , my daughters partners and I had been out with a very needy Jack Russel went for a walk for about an hour around the boundary of a neighbours farm. He mentioned after picking up hay last night rabbits numbers getting up. This dog sleeps on the bed and lives inside. Well after 4 large Possums, 2 Hares and three rabbits, his breath stinks worse that ever and he is now looked at with a bit more respect. Tomorrow got to sort out a problem with an escaped Captain cooker/Duroc cross piglet about 3 months old that escaped before christmas been hanging out with same neighbours weaners but disturbs cows each time they go past to milking. Leaving to go Woodstock Rally on thursday so have to catch pig or shoot the little buggar nieghbour wife sick of the interuptions at milking time. Plus find out that they had to get a professional in 1 km away to destroy 12 escaped farmed deer that were trashing maize on a lease block, they reckon the cost was quite reasonable only 400 bucks. For god sake you have to pay people now to shoot deer, Very few people on our Peninsular have a firearm I'm waiting for the day that the police turn up because I've been out shooting and a neighbour complains, can't fire blackpowder or the ole 7.62 stuff anymore too many neighbours, and people think you are a redneck if you have gun up here nowdays. The PC bullshit continues probably won't be able to use a chainsaw soon noise pollution or something.
    Sort of getting the feeling the monopoly want firearms out or only used at a licenced shooting range after paying suitable fees of course.
    Would that pig fit in my letterbox too?

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR1100 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam View Post
    So, for the end of the world, what's the best commonly available gun to protect my family and stash of food/fuel in our suburban fortress? Sawn off shotgun for close-in fighting? Or a good trusty hunting rifle to pick off the starving raiders as they close in?
    Well if you can find one the best would be a chinese Ak47-norinco there was a flood of these into NZ before the law was changed on mssa's. They are the best choice for CQB or close quarters combat!Very reliable don't usually jam (unlike the m16 and ar15 the yanks use more jams than a garage band!)The ammo is very cheap to buy and if the Chinese or other communist countries invade us the parts will be readily available!!!! For the long distance any high calibre hunting rifle for the long shots european models are pretty reliable -Sako-Tikka-Brno all well tested during the war in Yugoslavia the german made rifles are probably the most accurate.Good optics are the key a good scope is essential,Snipers were hitting targets at some huge distances!!

Good luck with your survival plans!!
    NEVER LET THE TRUTH GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY!

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Would that pig fit in my letterbox too?
    Just got home heading up there 3.30 to try to lure it with the calves into an area that we hope to catch the little prick, he's about as big as a medium sized dog.
    Taking a clapped out .22 stirling semi with no mag and the ole .410 with a couple of slugs, all depends on what we use and what bits will fit in your letterbox, hoping we are clever enough to catch him. You can't always out smart the pigs you must know that. I've seen them running around in town.

Bike
    _
    i own a .22 semi auto rifle, can't for the life of me remember what brand/make it is tho lol
    was some cheap package deal hunting and fishing did a year or so ago.

great for taking out hundreds of unsuspecting possums tho
    "Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    How easy is it to get a licence and a gun in this country?

Back in the UK only single shot weapons are available to the public and that's with extensive checks/expenditure/waiting lists/more checks.

If there's even a hint that you might have a gun that can fire more than one bullet without reloading the armed offenders squad turn up with orders shoot to kill (I knew of a guy got shot dead for having a chair leg in a shopping bag )

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone tried firing 45 shells in a .410 shotgun? Apparently possible, but I wouldn't want to try it. Not too much fun having a firearm blow up in ya face. Some firearms are made to take both and I've even seen a .410 revolver. My .410 side by side shotgun would make a cool 45 double rifle but not too acurate with smooth bores.

Speaking of firearms blowing up. Had a guy in the army at basic forget to take his BFA off when the order came through to load live ammo. The barrel of his SLR split open like a banana skin. The guy was luckly the receiver didn't blow back into his face.

Thread Information