View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

291 31.91%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

96 10.53%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

408 44.74%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

177 19.41%
  • MSSA

66 7.24%
  • Pistol

78 8.55%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

35 3.84%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

313 34.32%
  • un-armed

305 33.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 511 of 676 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 10140

Thread: The firearm thread

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    definitely, four ninety nine and a bag of chips.
    actually, having just googled that, i'm keener. five bucks, at least. does it has irons on?
    i've got a plenty of scope lying around. ackley the bitch, rebarrel it and get my 19-50x back...

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    after about 100 rounds in 60min.
    its also suppressed.
    What is the change in MV? Is it constant or does it start to move around a bit once the system is hot?

Suppressors can hold a lot of heat and take an ages to cool again once hot, try without?

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    http://sub-silentsuppressors.com/

This chap is in Auckland and does nice work.
    I can give you his contact details if you like.
    After finding more about one of the over barrel center fire ones I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole!

Some internals had bad gas erosion after 40 rounds, little grub screws holding it together popping out and had bad alignment of threads (can fitted by the maker) accuracy turned to shit as soon as it got warm.

They are binning it and getting a new MAE one, They dont want it replaced!

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    After finding more about one of the over barrel center fire ones I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole!

Some internals had bad gas erosion after 40 rounds, little grub screws holding it together popping out and had bad alignment of threads (can fitted by the maker) accuracy turned to shit as soon as it got warm.

he works mainly on air guns and RF, last i heard, he doesn't guarantee his CF supressors for anything, although he does test the dB reduction.

Bike
    SV1000s
    NZ made over barrel suppressors are not made milspec and aren't designed for sustained fire, primary purpose is a light weight item that is good for a few shots, enough to have a decent go at a mob of goats etc.

for example I have one on one of my bush rifles so I can take that snap shot without having to put on hearing protection.

if you want sustained fire (40+ RPM) in an over barrel be prepared to buy a heavy steel, expensive one. or if you want good middle ground, maybe a slightly less expensive 3d printed titanium alloy one from the likes of ODL.
    many military suppressors are can/muzzle forward ones because they heat up lots and as mentioned over barrel do hold heat and will affect barrel characteristics.

if it's primary a range rifle then perhaps consider a muzzle brake but be aware it will interfere with the guy shooting beside you, unless it's for IPSC then that won't matter so much.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    he works mainly on air guns and RF, last i heard, he doesn't guarantee his CF supressors for anything, although he does test the dB reduction.
    He shouldn't be selling ones that are not well tested above the pressures supplied for... He is a nice guy to deal with but it could end up in court with someone loosing an eye or something.

Even some of his .22 mag rim fire ones have popped

Nice guy doesn't make it a good product.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by nseagoon View Post
    NZ made over barrel suppressors are not made milspec and aren't designed for sustained fire, primary purpose is a light weight item that is good for a few shots, enough to have a decent go at a mob of goats etc.

for example I have one on one of my bush rifles so I can take that snap shot without having to put on hearing protection.

if you want sustained fire (40+ RPM) in an over barrel be prepared to buy a heavy steel, expensive one. or if you want good middle ground, maybe a slightly less expensive 3d printed titanium alloy one from the likes of ODL.
    many military suppressors are can/muzzle forward ones because they heat up lots and as mentioned over barrel do hold heat and will affect barrel characteristics.

if it's primary a range rifle then perhaps consider a muzzle brake but be aware it will interfere with the guy shooting beside you, unless it's for IPSC then that won't matter so much.

but they shouldn't start falling apart and erode the inners after a total of 40 rounds in std shooting (IE testing loads)

I have a few different ones but none are held together with grub screws and some have had hundreds of rounds threw them with

Breaks are OK in paddock rages but are a PITA in covered ranges... The echo and percussion isn't great even as shooter. OK in open air ranges and the break on my RUM has had my son shooting it since he was 8 with 208gr pills doing 3100fps

Bike
    SV1000s
    but they shouldn't start falling apart and erode the inners after a total of 40 rounds in std shooting (IE testing loads)

I have a few different ones but none are held together with grub screws and some have had hundreds of rounds threw them with

Breaks are OK in paddock rages but are a PITA in covered ranges... The echo and percussion isn't great even as shooter. OK in open air ranges and the break on my RUM has had my son shooting it since he was 8 with 208gr pills doing 3100fps
    you're right, they shouldn't fall apart at all. I should mention I have a suppressor but not a subsilent.
    I was referencing the other manufacturers such as DPT, MAE and Gunworks etc. they are great when used within what they're designed to do but not sustained fire as the poster mentioned above.

I have brake/flash suppressors on a few rifles, but I only use them at the range if I'm sighting in. I feel really rude shooting one beside someone else.

I'm taking note on various designs NZ manufacturers are using so I can complete my De Lisle carbine project. I'll get a smith to headspace and turn the barrel but I'll be giving a go at making my own over barrel suppressor, integral muzzle brake included. Needless to say I won't be using grub screws.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R

Whats worse is some of the new Spec Ops rounds/rifles where they want power from small short barreled weapons and the powder hasn't fully burnt before the projectile leaves the barrel, the muzzle flash and slap of of the fireball is rather off putting! Cant recall the weapon we were firing but the concussive blast was significantly worse than the .338 we were firing at the same time and the fireball at the end of the barrel would have been 3 feet in diameter.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX View Post
    What is the change in MV? Is it constant or does it start to move around a bit once the system is hot?

Suppressors can hold a lot of heat and take an ages to cool again once hot, try without?
    The suppressor was too hot to touch, it was walking 1 inch to the right per shot at 250m

Thats the type I have! 1/2 O/B

He shouldn't be selling ones that are not well tested above the pressures supplied for... He is a nice guy to deal with but it could end up in court with someone loosing an eye or something.

Even some of his .22 mag rim fire ones have popped

Nice guy doesn't make it a good product.
    I will try run it without it on, and see, it will be interesting

Bike
    None
    I see those cunts on the news tonight wanking on about the new free-standing grip laws, but it looks like they backed down on the thumb hole stocks. Does it include bolt actions and semi shotguns?

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_Jones View Post
    I see those cunts on the news tonight wanking on about the new free-standing grip laws, but it looks like they backed down on the thumb hole stocks. Does it include bolt actions and semi shotguns?

-Indy
    The police state it has been well advertised......Doesnt include Druganov style or thumbholes. Also changes to Airguns and Paintball markers.

http://www.police.govt.nz/sites/defa...let-form-f.pdf

http://www.police.govt.nz/about-us/p...earm-air-rifle

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    Yeah, only 'free-standing' grips. When I said I had a rifle with a free-standing grip, the arms officer also asked if it was 2 separate pieces or moulded together like some of the ATI stocks. I should have pressed him for some more details on that one, really.

Either way, installed my E-cat safe last weekend so I'll be adding that endorsement first thing in the new year. Joy.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E

-Indy
    I believe there are some thumbhole stocks heading to NZ ATM that are supposed to be OK, Time will tell.

I wont be one of the first one buying them :P

Mind you I think E-cat is a batter way to go

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries

-Indy
    what happened there was that the police decided to mis-interpret the statute. the thing is, it's not the polices job to interpret statute, merely enforce it.
    it was tested at court (by someone representing the cuntmissioner) and the police lost. (costs not awarded iirc)

then teh old boys network kicked in and we have a new arms import regulations and miscellaneous other shit to disarm the population act.
    it passed 3rd reading and will be de facto law about june next year.

the thing with the air gun restrictions is you can't import an AIR pistol if it looks like a firearm, "without having the appearance of any particular firearm"
    so... you can't import bananas, because they look like a pistol if you paint them black and squint a bit.

Thread Information