View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

291 31.91%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

96 10.53%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

408 44.74%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

177 19.41%
  • MSSA

66 7.24%
  • Pistol

78 8.55%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

35 3.84%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

313 34.32%
  • un-armed

305 33.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 549 of 676 FirstFirst ... 49449499539547548549550551559599649 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 10140

Thread: The firearm thread

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Cocaine and Hookers?
    terribly blasι

Bike
    RF900
    So, here's a question: I know some of the shadier characters on here like to play with black powder and the likes. Who has experience with having unprimed brass sent over from Australia? I have just shelled out (horrible pun, kill me now) a pretty penny for some obscure and unusual brass as a present for the old man. The manufacturer is giving me the runaround, saying that Aus customs won't allow them to ship. Anyone done this before? Experiences?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    So, here's a question: I know some of the shadier characters on here like to play with black powder and the likes. Who has experience with having unprimed brass sent over from Australia? I have just shelled out (horrible pun, kill me now) a pretty penny for some obscure and unusual brass as a present for the old man. The manufacturer is giving me the runaround, saying that Aus customs won't allow them to ship. Anyone done this before? Experiences?
    Apparently there are some issues:

http://www.australianoncefired.net/FAQ.html

*Where do you ship to?
    Australia Only . As a NSW based company we will only supply our brass to anywhere in this country . As case supply in NSW is not regulated to just Licensed Gun Owners we do not need a Dealers License nor require a Shooters License from our clients . There are various embargoes and other legal requirements for shipping cases outside Australia so we will not supply to anyone from outside Australia . We also will not ship to known Mail Forwarding services . Any attempt or request to breach a trade embargo will be reported to the Australian Customs Service .
    and

http://www.defence.gov.au/ExportCont...armsPermit.asp

any firearm parts, accessories, sights, ammunition, magazines, etc, being exported without firearms;
    I suspect that the Australian Government considers spent brass in that category (which seems a little silly)
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    RF900
    Sure. This is not even spent brass. It's unprimed casings. I anticipated trouble, so I double checked with the manufacturer whether they've shipped to NZ before and would again. Someone done fucked up, clearly.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    are you buying a bag? ie, to be reloaded and shot? or for "display purposes only"?

at any rate, find a friendly 'strayan. or someone going over...

what cartridge? some of the oddballs 45-70, 25-06, 35, 55 etc can (used to) be had locally.

or can they be fireformed from something else?

Bike
    RF900
    Yup. To be loaded and shot. It's definitely stuff that can't be bought here. 80x60r Kropatchek and the likes.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Yup. To be loaded and shot. It's definitely stuff that can't be bought here. 80x60r Kropatchek and the likes.
    me uncle had an 8mm, and someone was reloading for him. this is lower north island, and quite some years ago....
    think it was x57 though. i don't know much about em. nice to shoot though.

Bike
    SV1000s
    Yeah aussie has absurd laws and absurd people too.

You might actually find either having it sent to a contacts residential address then them forwarding to NZ,

Or booking a seat, flying over then bringing it back in your baggage might be the easiest and possibly cheapest way

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That's a pretty unusual round. I used to have one of the cartridges with a wooden "bullet", presumably a drill round. A quick check of the Interwebs shows loaded rounds for sale in the US but of WW2 vintage - and probably dificult to import.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    you got me curious.

apparently prvi (PPU headstamp) do factory loads.

8x60 can be formed from 30-06 brass... lee have dies in their catalogue for 8x56R hungarian, 8x57 mauser and 8mm lebel (x50mm)
    just looking, of those i'd say mauser is closest with the shoulder angle... which means you could blow the shoulder forward from x57 rounds for cases with a short neck... course that means you have to find x57 loads here...

and if it's a .323 bore, sierra carry pills from 150 to 220gn, nothing specifically listed for a .318 but i imagine you'd be pretty safe chucking .311 (7.9) slugs down it... which gives you 125 - 180 gn options.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    you got me curious.

apparently prvi (PPU headstamp) do factory loads.

8x60 can be formed from 30-06 brass... lee have dies in their catalogue for 8x56R hungarian, 8x57 mauser and 8mm lebel (x50mm)
    just looking, of those i'd say mauser is closest with the shoulder angle... which means you could blow the shoulder forward from x57 rounds for cases with a short neck... course that means you have to find x57 loads here...

and if it's a .323 bore, sierra carry pills from 150 to 220gn, nothing specifically listed for a .318 but i imagine you'd be pretty safe chucking .311 (7.9) slugs down it... which gives you 125 - 180 gn options.
    Nah. That R makes a big difference I don't see how you could turn a rimless case into a rimmed one. (Or 'flanged' for Brits of a certain age.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5af9df84be04e478676a7179957a8bc7.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	333670  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Nah. That R makes a big difference I don't see how you could turn a rimless case into a rimmed one. (Or 'flanged' for Brits of a certain age.)
    those are the lebels. x57 and x60 are both rimless.
    there is also x60R and RS chanberings

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    They were supposed to be Kropatscheck. The base on the one I had way back wasn't actually flat, it was sorta convex. You can just about see that on the base of the two to the right partticularly the top one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KW.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	333672  

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    They were supposed to be Kropatcheck. The base on the one I had way back wasn't actually flat, it was sorta convex.
    o right. yes yes. kropatchek (8x56R) was predecessor to lebel.(8x50R)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It looks as if the US Army has fucked up majorly. Don't just take the word of the dude in this link, there is other similar information on Youtube but he sums up the problem. I'm still having trouble with the idea that Sig was the budget option.

There may yet be big paydays for lawyers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjGxDIG514g

Thread Information