View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

291 31.91%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

96 10.53%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

408 44.74%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

177 19.41%
  • MSSA

66 7.24%
  • Pistol

78 8.55%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

35 3.84%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

313 34.32%
  • un-armed

305 33.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 639 of 676 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641649 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 10140

Thread: The firearm thread

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Where are your links and figures to back that statement up ?
    I did the research. You can do it too. Police official (online) sources; and collating countrywide media reports.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    I did the research. You can do it too. Police official (online) sources; and collating countrywide media reports.
    Hitchens Razor, "That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by kickaha View Post
    i wouldn't have either, i shouldn't be penalized because the police failed in their vetting process
    qfmft.....
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    husaberg
    I don't believe you did much research at all, I think you read a singular report, done by a reporter and repeated throughout NZ and went off the headline rather than the information.
    Some people here will only read what suits their agenda.
    Much like you did when you posted word for word a national party press release a few weeks back and tried to pass that off as apart of an official report.
    You still weeks later, won't fess up to that one.
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1131172984

Rates of gun crimes and killings using guns at highest levels in a decade
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...ls-in-a-decade
    Sounds damming and is dated May 2020 but actually refers to 2018 and 2019

New figures obtained by RNZ show last year had the highest rates of gun crime and deaths involving firearms for nearly 10 years.
    This is hardly surprising as 50 people were killed in what they described as two incidents and in both of the last two years( ie 2018 and 2019)
    the rate of deadly incidents involving a firearm was the highest it had been since 2009.
    Again this refers to 2018 and 2019. Before the gun laws were in either effect or even in full effect.

On 10 April, the Government passed the Arms (Prohibited Firearms, Magazines, and Parts) Amendment Act 2019.
    The amnesty lasted until DEC 19
    The second tranche only came into effect March 15 this year.2020
    Yet you want to judge it based on 6 months vs 200 years.
    But if you go back to 2014, New Zealand had less than 1 death per million people, so there has been a steep rise over the past few years.
    ( again 2019 and 2018)
    Then we have this one in a similar vein.
    Gun crimes and gun deaths at highest levels in a decade
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/gun-cr...MMDMM7HQ2FLVI/
    The figures, obtained from police under the Official Information Act, show the rates of gun crime went up in 2018 and 2019.
    But if you go back to 2014, New Zealand had less than one death per million people, so there has been a steep rise over the past few years.
    (again this is 2018 2019)

if we go to the actual figures that are only complete here up to 2015 they were erratic anyway. but trending up. if you look at the last 3 years of the figures.
    Rate of Gun Homicide per 100,000 People
    Chart In New Zealand, the annual rate of firearm homicide per 100,000 population is
    https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/new-zealand
    2016: 0.205
    2015: 0.20
    2014: 0.14
    2013: 0.23
    2012: 0.09
    2011: 0.07
    2010: 0.19
    2009: 0.28
    2008: 0.17
    2007: 0.12
    2006: 0.20
    2005: 0.20
    2004: 0.1035
    2003: 0.10
    2002: 0.2035
    2001: 0.20
    2000: 0.20
    1999: 0.20
    1997: 0.30 Raurimu rampage Stephen Anderson kills 6
    1996: 0.20
    1995: 0.20
    1994: 0.5035 Bain Family 1994 6 killed
    1993: 0.20
    1992 amendments to the Act
    1992: 0.40 Schlaepfer killing 6 plus himself
    1991: 0.30
    1990: 0.70 Aromoana
    1989: 0.50
    1988: 0.50

In 2019 after the Christchurch mosque shootings John Banks said that he was "haunted" by not being able to persuade his cabinet colleagues to ban semi-automatic guns after the Aramoana massacre in 1990.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I don't believe you did much research at all, I think you read a singular report, done by a reporter and repeated throughout NZ and went off the headline rather than the information.
    You're confusing me with someone who cares what you think. Especially when you write about your urinary continence under fire, in feedback. Get a grip.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Chart In New Zealand, the annual rate of firearm homicide per 100,000 population is
    https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/new-zealand
    2016: 0.205
    2015: 0.20
    2014: 0.14
    2013: 0.23
    2012: 0.09
    2011: 0.07
    2010: 0.19
    2009: 0.28
    2008: 0.17
    2007: 0.12
    2006: 0.20
    2005: 0.20
    2004: 0.1035
    2003: 0.10
    2002: 0.2035 32
    2001: 0.20
    2000: 0.20
    1999: 0.20
    1997: 0.30
    1996: 0.20
    1995: 0.20
    1994: 0.5035
    1993: 0.20
    1992: 0.40
    1991: 0.30
    1990: 0.70
    1989: 0.50
    1988: 0.50
    So, nothing wrong with the ownership of Semi-Automatics then, According to that list.

Seems to be a problem with the Police failing their responsibilities and giving a licence to someone who should never have had one.

Bike
    Upgraded to 765!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    So, nothing wrong with the ownership of Semi-Automatics then, According to that list.

Seems to be a problem with the Police failing their responsibilities and giving a licence to someone who should never have had one.
    Particularly those owned by properly vetted license holders

Bike
    husaberg
    You're confusing me with someone who cares what you think. .
    So go on then show the research material you claimed existed then. What do you have to lose?
    I lost all respect when you posted the national party press release and claimed it was actually directly out of the OECD report.
    Then weeks later try and pretend you didn't.
    You made a claim that was a repeat of the claim that dinglemouse made that is in no way backed by facts.

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1131172984
    All the research material shows what you have claimed is simply a fallacy.

Especially when you write about your urinary continence under fire, in feedback. Get a grip.
    Why, husaberg, are you such a hoplophobe?
    Did someone point a gun at you once and you wet yourself?
    You are seriously deluded, did you forgot what you wrote?

Here are the facts
    the law worked until it didnt, there were warning years ahead of time there were many recommendations from expert groups that were dismissed as people were afraid of the Gun lobby.
    The gun lobby called the laws the best in the world right up until the massacre.of 50 people
    Firearm ownership in NZ is not a right, its a privilege, As a result of greed and a few peoples stupidity, the privileges that were allowed in past times are no longer deemed to be acceptable risks for the majority of the population.

You might not agree with this, but you are in the minority holding this opinion. both of the voters and of the political parties
    Its simply not in the majority of the NZ population opinion acceptable to have rapid fire farearms that can hold large mags freely available to all and sundry.
    Having weapons freely available for a few day's pay that can kill 50 people in a few minutes is no longer acceptable.
    Quite simply A Peoples right to go about there daily lives unharmed exceed the rights of those that want to have a weapon that serves no practical purpose.
    you can all argue al you want how you think it should be different but stop making up crap to try and justify it.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Upgraded to 765!
    Oh look. Husaberg is STILL serial red repping every post of mine he can find

Bike
    BSA A10
    the law worked until it didnt
    The law worked until the police ignored their own vetting procedure and allowed a person who shouldn't have been granted a firearm access to them, but they've been allowed off scott free
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    Upgraded to 765!
    The law worked until the police ignored their own vetting procedure and allowed a person who shouldn't have been granted a firearm access to them, but they've been allowed off scott free
    Diverting up to 50% of funding allocated to administration of the arms act certainly didn't help either.

Finally it's being taken off police. Even MPs are calling the police administration of the act incompetent.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Again, This needs to be Quoted.

When the appropriate checks and balances in the system were applied - no issue.

When they were ignored, by the Crown, big issue.

Bike
    husaberg
    Well, put it this way, I don't know if he had a gun license in Aussie.
    but his mum knew he had an arsenal of guns here yet never raised an alarm about it.

The police are meant to interview a next of kin, either family or partner I don't know what happens when his family is overseas, what they do.
    He was able to legally obtain both ar15's and large mags 1000's of rounds of ammunition here on a A CLASS license,
    he could not do that legally in Aussie, there is nothing to suggest he wouldn't have got a license in Aussie, he certainly would have got one in the USA
    He then, I believe allegedly modified the AR15s for more rapid-fire.
    and the triggers of some of the firearms were modified so he could fire them more quickly
    You might suggest it was a licensing f- up, this well might be also true, as allegedly those two interviewed did not know him personally but all these write-ups i have seen about him are that he was outwardly pleasant. with little to suggest he was a danger
    He was I a gun club they never seen any issues either.
    but the fact is he obtained the weapons here on an A class license.

Ar15 's and similar havelittle to no practical use outside of killing people or pretending to kill people on a A class license.
    The laws were changed to exclude them in the 1990's and the importers were constantly modifying them to get around the rules.
    The guns laws prior the incident were supposed t be world-class according to ti the gun lobby and they resisted any changes to them very strongly.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    BSA A10
    The police are meant to interview a next of kin, either family or partner I don't know what happens when his family is overseas, what they do.
    He was able to legally obtain both ar15's and large mags 1000's of rounds of ammunition here on a A CLASS license,

You might suggest it was a licensing f- up, this well might be also true, as allegedly those two interviewed did not know him personally but all these write-ups i have seen about him are that he was outwardly pleasant. with little to

He was only able to obtain the licence because the police didn't follow the correct procedures, if they had then he would not have been granted a licence

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore

"You can't meet our Vetting requirements, so we can't process this application"

I believe allegedly modified the AR15s for more rapid-fire.
    What?

Firstly, that makes zero sense. "More rapid Fire", do you mean a higher rate of fire? Because the answer is no - they were semi-Auto only

Secondly? Statements like this prove you are so ignorant on the subject as to be summarily ignored.

He was I a gun club they never seen any issues either.
    Except the 3 complaints to the police about his behavior and conduct, that the NZ Police, mysteriously 'can't find'

Thread Information