View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

291 31.91%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

96 10.53%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

408 44.74%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

177 19.41%
  • MSSA

66 7.24%
  • Pistol

78 8.55%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

35 3.84%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

313 34.32%
  • un-armed

305 33.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 91 of 676 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 10140

Thread: The firearm thread

Bike
    ducati paso 750
    shootin seasons about to begin,time to clean ya shotguns and load up sum steels,good luck and all becareful

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX View Post
    .223 vs 308

Meh, a 12guage solid slug would have been good to watch!!

(Or even a 220grain 308)
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    A dirty black one.
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    the barel has some surface rust on the outside, what should i do about it?
    Sounds good mate, I found if I just gave the rust a light scrape with a knife or whatever and flaked it off, then a good coating of gun oil, works for a quick fix instead of re-blueing the barrel.
    "I came into this game for the action, the excitement... go anywhere, travel light,... get in, get out,... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form."

Paved roads are just another example of wasted tax payer dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by deanohit View Post
    Sounds good mate, I found if I just gave the rust a light scrape with a knife or whatever and flaked it off, then a good coating of gun oil, works for a quick fix instead of re-blueing the barrel.
    Is re bluing expensive? ive spent nothing on the rifle so far, so a little bit of money thrown at it isnt going to break the bank.

I think i stuffed up the varnish on it, might have to sand it back and start over.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    A dirty black one.
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    Is re bluing expensive? ive spent nothing on the rifle so far, so a little bit of money thrown at it isnt going to break the bank.

I think i stuffed up the varnish on it, might have to sand it back and start over.
    Depends if you think its worth it, mines just a beater gun that shoots straight.

Perma Blue Paste from Reloaders Supplies is $15 a tube, but you could probly do a few guns with that amount.
    "I came into this game for the action, the excitement... go anywhere, travel light,... get in, get out,... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form."

Bike
    Anything I can straddle

This Months "Guns and Hunting"

ANy of you out there seen this months copy of the above mentioned magazine?

In the SSANZ report at the back there is two reports from that wonderful place of political correctness, the UK.

1) police get a report that a person has guns in his house, they go in mob handed. What do they find? Two air rifles and two replica pistols. All legally held. So they confiscate them and rationalise it by saying that they have stopped these weapons from getting into the criminal world. How could this be? Well they rationalised that the house may have been burgled and these firearms stolen so they confiscated them.

2) A gentleman is transporting his shop's takings, by car, to the bank. A low life smashes the window and tries to grab the takings. He weilds a knife and inflicts seven wounds to the shopkeepers back and arms. The shop keeper fights back and in the scuffle the baddies gets stabbed to death with his own knife.

Shopkeeper now being charged witrh murder.

Fucking PC to the extreme. How long before our nanny state emulates this behaviour from its departments.

There is also a very good editorial and mail bag this month.

DOC come out looking like the dictatorial, blinkered tree hugging brigade they are.
    "When you think of it,

Lifes a bowl of ....MERDE"

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Merde View Post
    DOC come out looking like the dictatorial, blinkered tree hugging brigade they are.
    You leave our poor Dept of Conversation alone... !
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Tikka T3 Stainless in .270 Win

or

Savage 116FSS (Stainless) in .270 Win

?
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    Anything I can straddle
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDownUnder View Post
    You leave our poor Dept of Conversation alone... !
    I'm sorry I didnt mean to denigrate such a fine upstanding department who in all honesty only has the welfare of the native flora to heart.

That I have developed a severve distrust and paranoia for anything involving this department is my fault and should in no way reflect upon, what to many people, is the inept and derisory way in which said department is managed.
    "When you think of it,

Bike
    Anything I can straddle

or

?
    To quote the bard "that is the rub"

Personally I have a real soft spot for the Tikka. Drooled over many a fine example in the gun shops.

On the other hand the Savage marque has a very good reputation for accurate and affordable rifles.
    "When you think of it,

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry I didnt mean to denigrate such a fine upstanding department who in all honesty only has the welfare of the native flora to heart.
    That's better! (The Dept. of Conservation however...) I recall seeing something on TV a while back where the West Coasters in the South island wanted to drop a few trees and the various protestors were out... one of the coasters stood back a second and said something like... why do you guys always have to have a beard?

And it was true - there must have been 10 guys there protesting - none of them would have used a razor in the last 18 months! God it was funny, and their ability to protest dissolved as the conversation went off topic at a huge rate of knots.

To quote the bard "that is the rub"

Personally I have a real soft spot for the Tikka. Drooled over many a fine example in the gun shops.

On the other hand the Savage marque has a very good reputation for accurate and affordable rifles.
    Yes - did I tell you I shot a group of 3 rounds from my wee Savage HMR... 100m range... 1 inch group. Thats 2 holes with a 50%+ overlap (remember - this is an HMR...) and one flyer an inch out to the left...

Savage appears to be a good price from Sportsways though... comes complete with a 3-9 x 40 Tasco

Bike
    A dirty black one.

That I have developed a severve distrust and paranoia for anything involving this department is my fault and should in no way reflect upon, what to many people, is the inept and derisory way in which said department is managed.
    Yep, know what you mean, I haven't had much time for them after a mate poured in many tens of thousands of dollars and many years effort to start a joint breeding program for native birds in NZ.
    Only to have DOC back out right as it was about to begin. hence, no birds to breed with.

Bike
    Anything I can straddle
    Quote Originally Posted by deanohit View Post
    Yep, know what you mean, I haven't had much time for them after a mate poured in many tens of thousands of dollars and many years effort to start a joint breeding program for native birds in NZ.
    Only to have DOC back out right as it was about to begin. hence, no birds to breed with.
    In the 5 years I have been back home I have not, generally, heard a good word to be said for this department by anyone who actually uses the bush.

From killing the Himilayan Thar because it may eat a mountain lilly that live 1000 ft apart from the animal, to dropping 1080 poison ( the only country to diperse this from the air) to destroying all the bush huts in the parks that trampers and hunters have relied upon for decades.

How can a government department have that much disdain for the people they claim to be assisting by "saving" the native flora?

I hope this hasnt gotten too political.

I've kept relatively quiet for the past few months.
    "When you think of it,

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    dropping 1080 poison ( the only country to diperse this from the air)
    Which is only made in one factory in the world an basically NZ is the only place that uses it...... will be a shame when that closes in the near future.... not!

Will post some photos soon of what the locals think of DOC near our bach where they just had another 1080 drop the barstards......... still saw a cat in the bush as well, lucky for it the 308 wasn't in the car.

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    or
    Today I stumbled across a new Tikka T3 270WSM on special (last years stock... terrible that...)... and it's $150 cheaper then this years model and comes with better rings than the current model

So my question is simple. What's the top three most important creature comforts for the dog box if it's a medium to long stay?

Thread Information