View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

291 31.91%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

96 10.53%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

408 44.74%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

177 19.41%
  • MSSA

66 7.24%
  • Pistol

78 8.55%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

35 3.84%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

313 34.32%
  • un-armed

305 33.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 504 of 676 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 10140

Thread: The firearm thread

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    What's your issue with the mags?

Loved mine and they are the only .22LR mags that have NEVER given me problems. Had a 10/22 with a target barrel that I sold to a KB member and always regretted.

Wasn't using it much, though. Only so much fun you can have punching ragged holes at 25m with no effort.

When I got mine I did the same thing I do with all my guns, just played with the action and fire control for about half an hour. Never had an issue with the mags or bolt catch at all. Actually quite like the ergonomics of it.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jono035 View Post
    What's your issue with the mags?

Loved mine and they are the only .22LR mags that have NEVER given me problems.

Never had an issue with the mags or bolt catch at all. Actually quite like the ergonomics of it.
    yeah nah. Whole stock is too wide.
    I grew up on a stirling 15 shot stick mag. Could load one in the dark upside down behind my back while rolling a smoke.
    Then had a *sweet* anschutz 520. I miss that one most. (10 shot stick mag)

Rotary. Well, never had to try. As i say, its whut youre familiar with.
    Something about american guns, just innt right. (colt/armalite, ruger at least)
    marlin do a nice little 22 bolty, second to savage. Meh. What yer used to.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    also, rota mag quite bulky in yer pockets.

Bike
    Just kept one in my jacket pocket, plenty of space. Easy to load 10 rounds into purely by feel in the dark. Loading a full mag with the rotaries is nice, no huge change in force for the last rounds when loading and no unreliable feeding of first/last rounds when firing as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Each to their own, I guess

Bike
    SV1000s
    I've never owned a 10/22 but have a couple of stirlings, a 20 and a 20p.
    I've found the stirling mags MAY have a feeding problem if you load the magazine completely full. I've found I have no reliability issues if I leave one round out, same on all three mags.

as for the 10/22 I've shot plenty of them and I remember reading a few articles apparently they had the most reliable magazine compared to similarly priced firearms.
    I did get issues with after market magazines, especially of larger capacities.
    -I didn't find the factory trigger on the 10/22 pleasent either, however a mate put a timney in his and I found it very crisp and quite liked it.

I didn't find any issues between them loading and unloading either stirling or ruger.

I guess it's the same with most toys. if you mess with it, expect to mess with it more to correct what you've done wrong :-)

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nseagoon View Post
    I've found the stirling mags MAY have a feeding problem if you load the magazine completely full. I've found I have no reliability issues if I leave one round out, same on all three mags.
    leave them full, the springs weaken over a couple of years.
    Or pull the follower plate and clip the spring one turn. Did that on the anschutz mag as it had quite a steep feed ramp and got excited with cci mini mags. Otherwise a flawless gun. With a shell deflector (i shoot southpaw) as a nice touch.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nseagoon View Post

as for the 10/22 I've shot plenty of them and I remember reading a few articles apparently they had the most reliable magazine compared to similarly priced firearms.
    I did get issues with after market magazines, especially of larger capacities.
    -I didn't find the factory trigger on the 10/22 pleasent either, however a mate put a timney in his and I found it very crisp and quite liked it.

I didn't find any issues between them loading and unloading either stirling or ruger.

I guess it's the same with most toys. if you mess with it, expect to mess with it more to correct what you've done wrong :-)
    How are your Stirlings holidng up? I've got a 16P that is my bush bashing gun. The back of the lower cracked and the safety pivot pin fell sideways into the trigger mechanism. Removed the safety. More recently, the trigger guard cracked off when I went to put it back in the rack (pillar through trigger guard type). Aside from that, accurate, heavy but crisp trigger, reasonably light, stainless barrel... Pity about the muck metal lower.

Bike
    an imaginary one atm
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    um you mention 2 rifles....which one do you want... the Rugger 10/22 or the Rem 597

That picture is the Rem 597
    i might be crazy but i didnt think a 10/22 is specific to ruger ?, any 10 shot .22 can be known as a 10/22, but thanks for your concern, and im after the rem

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch View Post
    a 10/22 isnt specific to ruger buddy, any 10 shot .22 can be known as a 10/22, but thanks for your concern, and im after the rem
    The 10/22 is a specific model of Ruger rifle, not a generic description.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_10/22

See also: 10/17, 77/22 (note: This isn't a 77 shot .22 rifle), 22/45 pistol (this is a .22LR with a 1911 '45' angle grip).

Edit: Forgot about the 77/17, 77/357 and 77/44 which I'd love. Rotary magazine, .44 magnum... What's not to love?? Pity the magazine only holds 4 rounds though.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Rotary magazine, .44 magnum... What's not to love?? Pity the magazine only holds 4 rounds though.
    the m500 holds 5,
    of 50ae.
    But anything that needs more than one, well, bugger that.

Ruger had a nice 9mm carbine out a few years back, basically the 10/22 stock/frame, but a 9mm action. didnt seem to catch on... Handgun rounds in a rifle.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    the m500 holds 5,
    of 50ae.
    But anything that needs more than one, well, bugger that.

Ruger had a nice 9mm carbine out a few years back, basically the 10/22 stock/frame, but a 9mm action. didnt seem to catch on... Handgun rounds in a rifle.
    By M500 you mean the S&W Model 500 Revolver?

a) That's a pistol, not a rifle
    b) It is chambered for S&W .500 Magnum, not 50AE
    c) Both of those use hard to get/expensive projectiles, brass and loaded rounds

I never got to play with a PC9, but I've shot the 9mm and .45 Marlin Camp Carbine and briefly handled a Beretta CX4 Storm or whatever it's called at a gun show in the states last year. Wasn't a huge fan of the styling but it handled nicely.

The Camp Carbines were a lot of fun and pretty quiet to shoot suppressed.

I get that these weren't particularly popular, but it seems that every time I've seen one mentioned, the owners are thrilled with them. It's an oddity.

Personally I'd rather have fun with a pistol caliber carbine at 100m than a full rifle at 300m. Cheaper to shoot, suppresses better, easier to find somewhere to have fun with it.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    By M500 you mean the S&W Model 500 Revolver?

a) That's a pistol, not a rifle
    b) It is chambered for S&W .500 Magnum, not 50AE
    c) Both of those use hard to get/expensive projectiles, brass and loaded rounds

I never got to play with a PC9, but I've shot the 9mm and .45 Marlin Camp Carbine and briefly handled a Beretta CX4 Storm or whatever it's called at a gun show in the states last year. Wasn't a huge fan of the styling but it handled nicely.

The Camp Carbines were a lot of fun and pretty quiet to shoot suppressed.

I get that these weren't particularly popular, but it seems that every time I've seen one mentioned, the owners are thrilled with them. It's an oddity.

Personally I'd rather have fun with a pistol caliber carbine at 100m than a full rifle at 300m. Cheaper to shoot, suppresses better, easier to find somewhere to have fun with it.
    right you are. Im sure there was a snub nose s&w shooting 50ae. Cant google it atm.

Check out the honeybadger. Fully supressd in .300 blackout, carbine/assault.
    Yes, theres an AR style upper/frame that fits a glock pistol in, good fun!
    Is the pc9 the ruger carbine?
    Id love one.

Bike
    Anything I can straddle
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    right you are. Im sure there was a snub nose s&w shooting 50ae. Cant google it atm.

Check out the honeybadger. Fully supressd in .300 blackout, carbine/assault.
    Yes, theres an AR style upper/frame that fits a glock pistol in, good fun!
    Is the pc9 the ruger carbine?
    Id love one.
    50AE in a revolver. As a rimless round you are talking about using a half moon or similar. In a snub nose (ususlly meaning under 3" barrel) this would be very fierce to shoot. The Desert Eagle handles it well as it is a very heavy pistol and soaks up the recoil.

Have fired a revolver chambered for the 45-70 round and one in the 500 S&W. wouldnt like to shoot either in a snubb ie.

Used to have a Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 spl with a 2 1/2 inch barrel. Very fierce toi shoot but once use to it it was a real stopper. Was my carry gi=un for a number of years overseas.
    "When you think of it,

Lifes a bowl of ....MERDE"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Merde View Post
    50AE in a revolver. As a rimless round you are talking about using a half moon or similar. In a snub nose (ususlly meaning under 3" barrel) this would be very fierce to shoot. The Desert Eagle handles it well as it is a very heavy pistol and soaks up the recoil.

Have fired a revolver chambered for the 45-70 round and one in the 500 S&W. wouldnt like to shoot either in a snubb ie.

Used to have a Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 spl with a 2 1/2 inch barrel. Very fierce toi shoot but once use to it it was a real stopper. Was my carry gi=un for a number of years overseas.
    Remember the jacketed .44 mag rounds I had through the Taurus? That's a heavy old slab and it was lively enough for me. Amazing how well you can feel the counter-torque. The bulldog would have been plenty feisty! 45-70? Jeez.

I've shot the DE with .44mag hot-as-hell handloads and it's quite manageable exactly because of the weight. I didn't find it that enjoyable though because of all the moving mass, feels really unwieldy. A more powerful round through a revolver is such a different experience.

Akzle: I saw the Honey Badger back before I was building up my 300 Blackout AR-15. I wasn't such a huge fan of the tacticool look of it, though, but it's a pretty neat idea.

The PC9 is the Ruger 9mm carbine, yeah.

Do you mean the HERA Arms or Roni carbine kits? I've seen a few people playing with them but never shot one. They were a novelty toy here for a while then it seemed people started going off them when they realised there was no point because you couldn't use them in competition. I think they are getting together specific competitions and 3-gun style rounds where you can use them now, though. They'd be a lot better toy anywhere other than NZ.

Bike
    SV1000s
    How are your Stirlings holidng up? I've got a 16P that is my bush bashing gun. The back of the lower cracked and the safety pivot pin fell sideways into the trigger mechanism. Removed the safety. More recently, the trigger guard cracked off when I went to put it back in the rack (pillar through trigger guard type). Aside from that, accurate, heavy but crisp trigger, reasonably light, stainless barrel... Pity about the muck metal lower.
    They are great. Both are old but still accurate. Haven't had anything break but have looked after the internals. I had an issue with my safety too but that was a part that had moved out of place. I haven't had any issues since. The 20p has an old unknown brand post scope that I've never had any issues with either.

The model 20 is an interesting custom job. Barrel is shortened and custom stock lengthened so the barrel and stock finish at the same point. It has Ivory trim and checked pistol grip. The trigger is also worked and lightened.

Thread Information