View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

291 31.91%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

96 10.53%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

408 44.74%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

177 19.41%
  • MSSA

66 7.24%
  • Pistol

78 8.55%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

35 3.84%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

313 34.32%
  • un-armed

305 33.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 555 of 676 FirstFirst ... 55455505545553554555556557565605655 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 10140

Thread: The firearm thread

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Maybe it takes innocent people getting killed on that scale before shit gets real for politicians
    like driving with cell phones?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    I dont know anyone who owns pistols legitemately, plus they are useless for anything other than boring old target shooting and killing things at very close range.
    Target shooting isn't boring if you are doing it right. Pistols used to be for close range only but silhouette shooting has changed that. There are now pistols that can knock over sizeable steel plates at 300 yds or hit an aspirin at 100.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by jafagsx250 View Post
    The police association lies constantly.

Police sell the data to criminals]
    Can you please explain?

Bike
    husaberg
    Because it is 8.65 percent, which seems too high. I dont know anyone who owns pistols legitemately, plus they are useless for anything other than boring old target shooting and killing things at very close range.
    I know plenty, we have a very strong black powder and target scene over here.
    We have those bloody cowboy lot as well buggered if i know what they use though, Air or what but they have target stuff as well as the rest of the stuff i show no interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    like driving with cell phones?
    No, like killing 50 people in a few minutes.

I was watching that louise nicholas movie last night, sometimes things reach a tipping point.
    If nothing changes in regards to what the rules are or what content is allowed on the net and how its monitored those 50 will have died for no reason.

on the driving subject watch this movie.
    All the staff have to watch it next safety meeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Target shooting isn't boring if you are doing it right. Pistols used to be for close range only but silhouette shooting has changed that. There are now pistols that can knock over sizeable steel plates at 300 yds or hit an aspirin at 100.
    I did business house pistol shooting a few years ago at the pistol range in whangarei. I wasn't bad at it, have a medal, but as the club president said, it is hard to attract new members. Most of the diehard teams were like darts players, fat beer swilling rednecks. It wasn't interesting enough for anyone in our team to want to continue the following year. In comparison, I have been possum shooting for many many years and that is way more fun. As is the odd deer shoot.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    husaberg
    I did business house pistol shooting a few years ago at the pistol range in whangarei. I wasn't bad at it, have a medal, but as the club president said, it is hard to attract new members. Most of the diehard teams were like darts players, fat beer swilling rednecks. It wasn't interesting enough for anyone in our team to want to continue the following year. In comparison, I have been possum shooting for many many years and that is way more fun. As is the odd deer shoot.
    Its always intrigued me the safety nazis let drunk people have sharp objects in confined spaces.
    I remember going on a club shoot here pretty much the same but all old men that looked like they belonged at bowls though.
    the rednecks i found were the the ones more likely clay shooting.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    motocompo
    Guns, They go bang & something far away either moves a bit, gets a hole in it or dies.
    It really sounds like a pursuit of the feeble minded with few consequences for the user, unless of course their dumbass mate mistakes them for a deer as often happens.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Guns, They go bang & something far away either moves a bit, gets a hole in it or dies.
    It really sounds like a pursuit of the feeble minded with few consequences for the user, unless of course their dumbass mate mistakes them for a deer as often happens.
    Its always their mate hardly never someone from another hunting party that they never knew was there.
    You hae to wonder what part of the deer looks like a human seeing they are always said to aim for a spot for a quick and pain free kill.
    Although there was that one imbecile that shot the women who was brushing her teeth at a campground when they were spotlighting.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/4...ced-over-death
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    motocompo
    Although there was that one imbecile that shot the women who was brushing her teeth at a campground when they were spotlighting.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/4...ced-over-death
    Well I'll stop looking for further proof right now that you don't need to be very smart to get a gun licence.

Bike
    gsx250
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Really? the Wast Australian murder suicide (7 deaths) was the first mass shooting since port Arthur. Still plenty of crime involving guns, however
    This (dated 2016)
    1. Australia hasn't had a single mass shooting since the gun buyback.

The analysis, by Simon Chapman at the University of Sydney and colleagues, found that there were 13 mass shootings in the 17 years prior to the passage of the National Firearms Agreement. Since then, there hasn't been a single one.

Chapman and his colleagues define mass shooting as five or more victims shot and killed, not including the shooter. In the United States, there have been 11 mass shootings meeting that definition this year alone, and 33 since 2014.

Chapman, it's important to note, was active in the push for gun control in Australia following the 1996 massacre, and has written a book about the experience. Still, his paper is very cautiously worded -- at no point does he claim that the gun ban caused any of the observed changes.
    Depends on the definition of a mass shooting. If its more than 4 people then there's plenty. See attached photo.

Really the NZ police sell data?
    What about the military them too?
    What about answering my posts?
    Yup. Happens in Australia.

Military equipment gets stolen.

I have.

Can you please explain?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/kiwigun...other-lie/amp/

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Well I'll stop looking for further proof right now that you don't need to be very smart to get a gun licence.
    Some locals helicoptered into a remote hut thereby hoping to overfly any imbecile element. While in the vicinity of the hut some young blokes walked up. My locals asked if the newcomers had seen any deer. "No, we only had some sound shots," came the answer.

So much for the bit about identifying your target.

Many shooters are in the various engineering trades, most I have met have their smarts. Most clubs that have alcohol don't open a bottle until the range is closed, but I haven't seen a beer at my local club in decades. There is the drive home after all.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg

I have.

You have yet to produce any supporting evidence, Or figured out NZ is not Australia or will ever be Australia.

Anything can be stolen, So what? The killer brought his weapons. In case you never noticed.
    Nothing will entirely eliminate any risk, but doing nothing and expecting different results is only the wet dream of an imbecile.

No you haven't.

As for what you posted the biggest killing with a gun is what 5? where a father shot his family and himself.
    None are anything like port arthur
    It hardly supports your theory.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    motocompo
    Depends on the definition of a mass shooting. If its more than 4 people then there's plenty. See attached photo.

I have.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kiwigun...other-lie/amp/
    I think one needs to investigate the parameters that mass shooting describe. It is 5 deceased not including the gunman.
    And you can remove the non gun related killings at the bottom for effect.
    How do you think these shootings would have panned out if the shooters had a couple of 50 round magazines?
    Port Aurthur toll was 35.
    Nothing to see here, move on.

Bike
    gsx250
    You have yet to produce any supporting evidence, Or figured out NZ is not Australia or will ever be Australia.

Anything can be stolen, So what? The killer brought his weapons. In case you never noticed.
    Nothing will entirely eliminate any risk, but doing nothing and expecting different results is only the wet dream of an imbecile.

No you haven't.

As for what you posted the biggest killing with a gun is what 5? where a father shot his family and himself.
    None are anything like port arthur
    It hardly supports your theory.
    Evidence of what? We have had less gun crime than australia for years.

The police gave him a license. Its hardly my fault. More their fault and the gun man's.

I think you're naive if you don't think that the horse has bolted. We're not even closing the gate.

So strangers lives are a bit more valuable than family?

I think one needs to investigate the parameters that mass shooting describe. It is 5 deceased not including the gunman.
    And you can remove the non gun related killings at the bottom for effect.
    How do you think these shootings would have panned out if the shooters had a couple of 50 round magazines?
    Port Aurthur toll was 35.
    Nothing to see here, move on.
    Who's definition of a mass shooting is that? The one I quoted of 4 people is the fbi's.

You know he could have had higher capacity mags. The end result is the same. Rights taken away by emotional public.

Bike
    motocompo

Who's definition of a mass shooting is that? The one I quoted of 4 people is the fbi's.

You know he could have had higher capacity mags. The end result is the same. Rights taken away by emotional public.
    The legal definition, you should probably just turn on the news & you would know that.
    You better get used to your "rights" being taken away & replaced by other people's right to go about their own business without being shot up, or is your right more important? because it's going to happen, wether you get emotional about it or not.
    You're still going to be allowed your idiotic gun unfortunately, just within a few probably still too loose rules. Get over yourself.

Thread Information