View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

291 31.91%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

96 10.53%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

408 44.74%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

177 19.41%
  • MSSA

66 7.24%
  • Pistol

78 8.55%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

35 3.84%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

313 34.32%
  • un-armed

305 33.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 676 of 676 FirstFirst ... 176576626666674675676
Results 10,126 to 10,140 of 10140

Thread: The firearm thread

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Good guy with a bun comes under fire....
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-m...ng-home-report

Bike
    Multi choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogfeaturesFZR View Post
    For me, at least, it’s not the number of deer shot, but the deer, whio, kaka, kea, falcons, etc seen and marvelled at.
    It’s the shared experiences with friends, it’s introducing my 2 sons to our backcountry, and seeing them marvel as well.
    Our youngest has become a DOC ranger, worked at Fiordland with Takahe, Anchor Island with Kakapo, the Hauraki Gulf islands with allsorts. Now with Akld Council, doing the same stuff.
    I’m not sure he would have found that calling, without the hunting experience.

D’oh, yes I didn’t think the bush comment through.
    Sitting high on a hillside (you northern mob would call them mountains....) with a brew in hand as the sun comes up, watching a mob below, no phone, no cars, no people, no stress - is a place where you can breathe, slow right down and just be alive. Those that understand, get it, those that do not, it is not possible to explain it to.
    Speed kills-just ask the rabbit......

Bike
    Aprilia RSV Mille & Aprilia Tuono 660
    Quote Originally Posted by 300weatherby View Post
    Sitting high on a hillside (you northern mob would call them mountains....) with a brew in hand as the sun comes up, watching a mob below, no phone, no cars, no people, no stress - is a place where you can breathe, slow right down and just be alive. Those that understand, get it, those that do not, it is not possible to explain it to.
    Exactly
    Time spent down your way, Eyre Mountains, Taki’s, Fiordland, are some of the best memories I have.
    Interesting calibre, by the way
    RSV Mille: No madam, its an Aprilia, not a Harley. If it were a Harley, I would be pushing it !

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Exactly
    Time spent down your way, Eyre Mountains, Taki’s, Fiordland, are some of the best memories I have.
    I've never been hunting, but I have been bush walking / tramping. I've never felt that not carrying the means to kill something has reduced the experience in any way.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Aprilia RSV Mille & Aprilia Tuono 660
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    I've never been hunting, but I have been bush walking / tramping. I've never felt that not carrying the means to kill something has reduced the experience in any way.
    Agreed, and I’m not suggesting otherwise, or certainly never meant to give that impression
    Apologies if you took it that way.
    Hunting was just reason I used to go bush
    95% of my best hunting trips, I never fired my rifle
    Didn’t mean they weren’t special, but you can’t find those moments unless you’re out there, for whatever reason drives you
    RSV Mille: No madam, its an Aprilia, not a Harley. If it were a Harley, I would be pushing it !

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Conversely when you have been used to carrying a rifle it does feel odd being in the bush without one. The feeling does pass though. A big hill will do that.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Nor does any law changes look eminent to prevent hunting or prevent having a rifle for hunting.
    The law changes only prevented people having rifles that were not needed for hunting at all....
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Nor does any law changes look eminent to prevent hunting or prevent having a rifle for hunting.
    The law changes only prevented people having rifles that were not needed for hunting at all....
    AR Style rifles were extremely popular for Hunting, for the exact same reason that Army Surplus SMLEs were popular for hunting.

And as for preventing hunting:

How's that NZ Wallaby Population doing?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Conversely when you have been used to carrying a rifle it does feel odd being in the bush without one. The feeling does pass though. A big hill will do that.
    Carried a 7.62 SLR in the army. That was enough.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Multi choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Typical urban cluelessness right there. Just like the city living greenies telling us how we should farm. Just clueless.

Bike
    Multi choice.
    Exactly
    Carried one for nearly a decade as my primary hunting rifle. Now I'm old and cunning and my .243 is my primary. And I keep four families with full freezers with it.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by 300weatherby View Post
    Typical urban cluelessness right there. Just like the city living greenies telling us how we should farm. Just clueless.
    Yeah i can see why you would say that seeing as i am a famer living in a rural area and all.
    perhaps you should regale us all how you so desperately needed the banned firearm's to farm or to hunt or you could just talk more crap, the result is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A milestone of sorts. My licence was expiring and the Police were already on my arse for lacking the required number of range attendances. I did have medical leave but their record keeping isn't *that* great. Anyhoo I decided it was all too much bother and have sold all my guns. For the first time in a long time I don't own a firearm.

Ah well, that's that then. Better go for a ride...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    A milestone of sorts. My licence was expiring and the Police were already on my arse for lacking the required number of range attendances.
    Range attendances for a Pistol Licence ?

A few years ago a friends pet peeve was that he has to have the required range attendances each year to retain his pistol licence and that was more than the general police were required to do at the time
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Range attendances for a Pistol Licence?

A few years ago a friends pet peeve was that he has to have the required range attendances each year to retain his pistol licence and that was more than the general police were required to do at the time

Yeah. The new Firearms Authority is having teething troubles. They are maintaining that attendances at ranges other than your home range don't count. So attendances at National or Island championships or whatever wouldn't count. Just new broom stuff but they are happily fucking everybody around while they learn.

Received a call from them advising me my licence was expiring, so I explained in detail what I was doing. A week or so later I got another call telling me my licence was expiring so I told him about the previous call. It was recorded, he just hadn't checked. On the day my licence expired I handed it in at the local cop shop. Couple of days later I got a call from the Firearms authority asking where my licence was.

It can all be somebody else's problem now.

Thread Information