View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

291 31.91%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

96 10.53%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

408 44.74%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

177 19.41%
  • MSSA

66 7.24%
  • Pistol

78 8.55%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

35 3.84%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

313 34.32%
  • un-armed

305 33.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 626 of 676 FirstFirst ... 126526576616624625626627628636 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,390 of 10140

Thread: The firearm thread

Bike
    aprilia
    "Here is the Police Mail Order Form that authorized the transfer of 2,320 rounds of ammunition to Brenton Tarrant allowing him to do what he did. Was given a licence within 5 weeks of arriving in NZ with no friends or family in the country and no vetting. Blame shouldn't fall upon the shoulders of the firearms community in NZ, but squarely at the feet of Police. The media are too busy vilifying the NZ firearms community in the hope that people don’t see the trail of blood that leads to the police's own front door."

"When will the media start asking the serious hard hitting questions? Like why did NZ police not follow the stringent policies in place for license vetting?

The process for my license was very thorough taking 5 months, including multiple people interviewed. Two house inspections. Even my references interviewed with me being forced to leave the room so I couldn’t coerce the replies.

Yet in this case the guy was in NZ 5 WEEKS. With multiple overseas issues, and was granted his license without any inspections or real life references. I believe a huge proportion to of the blame for the March attacks lay with NZ police and their inability to do their job, which is to keep the Nz populace safe by enforcing and following the law. Not failing miserably at doing so, then trying to use 250,000 law abiding Nz firearms owners as a scapegoat, a simple distraction from the true cause. It’s a joke."

And then ontop of the police being totally inept they use the event as a political tool to take those scary guns away from those lawful citizens that seem to scare them so much yet the gangs seemingly get a free pass?

I am also hearing Tarrant tried and couldnt get into the states....

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
    I am also hearing Tarrant tried and couldnt get into the states....
    and if he had it is highly unlikely he would have legally obtained a gun.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    So are you suggesting that most of the mass murders in the USA use only illegally obtained firearms?
    Because reality differs somewhat from your opinion.
    82% of firearms used in mass murders in the USA are obtained legallly
    Not only that, the USA has one of the the high rates of mass murders due to its lax gun controls.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    We weren't the original target though, we became a target or opportunity once he moved here
    Except, if you read the Manifesto before it was Censured, you'd know that the above isn't true.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    He also wasnt a criminal until he slipped in the large mags and procedded to kill the first of the 51 o people he killed and the other 40 people he shot and injured.
    he also never needed the ar15 for any legitimate need or the large mags
    The second he put a Large Mag on his AR - he WAS a criminal.

As has been stated many times - if the Government came out and said that all High-Cap Magazines that fit a Semi-Auto receiver now require an E-Cat Licence, no one would have complained.

If they said that they would look to remove any High-Cap Magazine (like a lot of the Bolt Action rifles that use M-14 Magazines were imported with 20 round mags) by simply swapping it (bring in a 20 round mag, get 2 5 round magazines or similar) - No one would have complained.

This is driving a Wedge between the good relationship that the Police used to enjoy with Firearm Owners. That relationship, the regular face-to-face contact was the foundation that made our entire system work.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Yo momma
    So are you suggesting that most of the mass murders in the USA use only illegally obtained firearms?
    82% of firearms used in mass murders in the USA are obtained legallly
    Not only that, the USA has one of the the high rates of mass murders due to its lax gun controls.
    Well I guess that's the end of nice time around here.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    The second he put a Large Mag on his AR - he WAS a criminal.

As has been stated many times - if the Government came out and said that all High-Cap Magazines that fit a Semi-Auto receiver now require an E-Cat Licence, no one would have complained.

If they said that they would look to remove any High-Cap Magazine (like a lot of the Bolt Action rifles that use M-14 Magazines were imported with 20 round mags) by simply swapping it (bring in a 20 round mag, get 2 5 round magazines or similar) - No one would have complained.

This is driving a Wedge between the good relationship that the Police used to enjoy with Firearm Owners. That relationship, the regular face-to-face contact was the foundation that made our entire system work.

Can't give rep but so right on so many fronts.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    You mean those ar15's that jacinda made even easier to obtain just 3 months before the event....

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/chr...ribed-as-crazy

But is awful quiet abouth that - and other foo-foos by those meant to keep us safe...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Upgraded to 765!
    ? Given that the US has different laws on a per state basis, sweeping generalizations of the entire country aren't really a relevant comparison

Bike
    husaberg
    82% of firearms used in mass murders in the USA are obtained legallly.
    So how is you can suggest its mainly illegally obtained firearms when 82% of firearms used in mass murders in the US are legally obtained.
    Were you totally unaware of this? Or were you just trying to make out you knew what you were talking about?

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    ? Given that the US has different laws on a per state basis, sweeping generalizations of the entire country aren't really a relevant comparison
    Every state I have lived in has the same basic set up. You go to a shop, choose your gun, present your government photo ID they call for a background check you get a yay or nay or a come back tomorrow. Private sales now by law must be done at a place that holds an FFL, generally a gun shop and you pay them to conduct the same background check.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Every state I have lived in has the same basic set up. You go to a shop, choose your gun, present your government photo ID they call for a background check you get a yay or nay or a come back tomorrow. Private sales now by law must be done at a place that holds an FFL, generally a gun shop and you pay them to conduct the same background check.
    What about gun fairs?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Upgraded to 765!
    There is still a lot of variance, closed carry, open carry etc. Chicago has huge gun crime and very restrictive legislation there.

I think it would be the same in other areas of legislation as well no? Differences state to state mean a sweeping comparison isnt really accurate.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Blame shouldn't fall upon the shoulders of the firearms community in NZ, but squarely at the feet of Police. The media are too busy vilifying the NZ firearms community in the hope that people don’t see the trail of blood that leads to the police's own front door."
    I've often wondered why their role in this has hardly been mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Except, if you read the Manifesto before it was Censured, you'd know that the above isn't true.
    I did, that was where I got it from
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    What about gun fairs?
    Or private sales
    These states dont always require background checks for the sale of firearms
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas