View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
910. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

    289 31.76%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

    96 10.55%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

    407 44.73%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

    177 19.45%
  • MSSA

    66 7.25%
  • Pistol

    78 8.57%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

    35 3.85%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

    312 34.29%
  • un-armed

    305 33.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 600 of 626 FirstFirst ... 100500550590598599600601602610 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 9390

Thread: The firearm thread

  1. #8986
    Join Date
    10th October 2017 - 18:07
    Bike
    aprilia
    Location
    rotovegas
    Posts
    1
    ^^So what??

    Cindy has caused this boom for firearm sales by purchasing a couple of hundred million dollars worth of legal firearms from lawful NZers with taxpayer dollars.....Blame your dear leader.....SHE is fueling this industry


    She's going to make Tipple the richest man in NZ before the years out!!
    Here he is on the news tonight opening another store up. Just when you think the coalition couldnt fail any harder they go and break new records!!


    Some of those .22 on his site are looking pretty tasty to me right now.

  2. #8987
    Join Date
    25th October 2002 - 17:30
    Bike
    GSXR1000
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    8,346
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by austingtir View Post

    She's going to make Tipple the richest man in NZ before the years out!!
    Here he is on the news tonight opening another store up. Just when you think the coalition couldnt fail any harder they go and break new records!!

    Interesting point. I was just thinking before how I'd like to live in a country where the government actively supported a legitimate businessman operating a legitimate business. I guess they actually are, albeit passively.

    As for the media, my distrust of thee knows no bounds.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/signaturepics/sigpic31_1.gif

  3. #8988
    Join Date
    10th October 2017 - 18:07
    Bike
    aprilia
    Location
    rotovegas
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    As for the media, my distrust of thee knows no bounds.
    Did you see Hillary Barry licking Cindy's clit on seven sharp tonight? I swear we have just about reached peak retard.

  4. #8989
    Join Date
    3rd October 2006 - 21:21
    Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Location
    in the hot sun
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
    I swear we have just about reached peak retard.
    You are still striving then?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

  5. #8990
    Join Date
    12th July 2003 - 01:10
    Bike
    Harley, Marina & a V8 or two..
    Location
    The Riviera of the South
    Posts
    13,985
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Maybe you should actually read the Law and Order Select Committee report into issues relating to the illegal possession of firearms in New Zealand.

    https://www.parliament.nz/resource/e...6269b2427510b9

    The two weapons you refer to are on the prohibited list as they both have magazines available to purchase that hold considerably more than what you state.
    You could have them professionally modified so that they cant hold more than the legal amount of ammunition to comply.
    But the reason the Ar15s were able to be purchased as a A class is exactly the reason why these guns are on the prohibited items now was they had small mags (and faux pistol grips) yetyou could just buy a large capacity mag

    Do you know anyone who has extended the magazine on a tube mag 22?

    Why would they bother when you can now legally have a ten shot semi auto with a detachable mag...easier to change the mag on that than to top up a tube magazine wouldn't you think?

    The sporting BAR does not readily (if at all) lend itself to fitting a larger mag, the Winchester 100 MAY have larger mags available but in all my years I've yet to see one.

    And as unlicensed people have been charged and convicted with unlawful possession of ammunition the law doesn't really need undated in that respect.

    EDIT: Looked on interwebby thing and 8 or 10 shot mags available for Model 100, not common and you can't import them any more - plus hardly 'high capacity' like 30 round AK47 mag etc.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 13,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

  6. #8991
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,934
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Do you know anyone who has extended the magazine on a tube mag 22?

    Why would they bother when you can now legally have a ten shot semi auto with a detachable mag...easier to change the mag on that than to top up a tube magazine wouldn't you think?

    The sporting BAR does not readily (if at all) lend itself to fitting a larger mag, the Winchester 100 MAY have larger mags available but in all my years I've yet to see one.

    And as unlicensed people have been charged and convicted with unlawful possession of ammunition the law doesn't really need undated in that respect.
    the two weapons you mention were both deemed to not comply as one had a tube magazine that was larger, than the defined max, i said, it could be modified to make it comply (ie smaller)
    The Winchester 100 has a detachable mag that can be fitted that was larger than the defined min . than the legal min so ity doesnt comply they have been available for probably 40 years. End of story.
    As for the legal ruling i said go argue the law with the people that create it.

    My Brother has the family Winchester 1910 they are on the list too, i have never seen a mag bigger than 4 or 5 either but they were likely available at some stage, its mute anyway as you cant buy ammo in 401 Winchester unless you are prepared to make it out of 7.62 Russian. but thats the way the cookie crumbles.
    You could also haveeither Winchester professionally modified so it will not accept a detachable mag to comply.
    Or you could apply for the appropriate licence to own them. or modify them for display use only.

    with the Winchester 100 large mag mag you can according to a process showed on a website pretty simply modify a HK 30 and lager mag to fit

  7. #8992
    Join Date
    1st November 2005 - 08:18
    Bike
    F-117.
    Location
    Banana Republic of NZ
    Posts
    6,965
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Or you could apply for the appropriate licence to own them. or modify them for display use only.
    1st: "Getting the appropriate licence to own them".

    There are collectors out there with all the security and licences to correctly own any of these confiscated firearms BUT they are being actively prevented from doing so. I know personally of three chaps who have encountered this.
    The labour government want them gone.


    2nd: "Modify them for display" has not even been discussed. The UK permitted deactivation when they went through this, but nothing of the sort has been suggested so far here.
    TOP QUOTE: “The problem with socialism is that sooner or later you run out of other people’s money.”

  8. #8993
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,731
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    2nd: "Modify them for display" has not even been discussed. The UK permitted deactivation when they went through this, but nothing of the sort has been suggested so far here.
    Since John Banks introduced his Arms Act following Aramoana "deactivated" hasn't really been an option. I'm aware of some rare exceptions, but not for private owners.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  9. #8994
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,934
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Since John Banks introduced his Arms Act following Aramoana "deactivated" hasn't really been an option. I'm aware of some rare exceptions, but not for private owners.
    It was covered earier on in a blurb somewhere it had to be not able to be made operational and had to be professionally certified as thus.

  10. #8995
    Join Date
    12th July 2003 - 01:10
    Bike
    Harley, Marina & a V8 or two..
    Location
    The Riviera of the South
    Posts
    13,985
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    the two weapons you mention were both deemed to not comply as one had a tube magazine that was larger, than the defined max, i said, it could be modified to make it comply (ie smaller)
    The Winchester 100 has a detachable mag that can be fitted that was larger than the defined min . than the legal min so ity doesnt comply they have been available for probably 40 years. End of story.
    As for the legal ruling i said go argue the law with the people that create it.

    My Brother has the family Winchester 1910 they are on the list too, i have never seen a mag bigger than 4 or 5 either but they were likely available at some stage, its mute anyway as you cant buy ammo in 401 Winchester unless you are prepared to make it out of 7.62 Russian. but thats the way the cookie crumbles.
    You could also haveeither Winchester professionally modified so it will not accept a detachable mag to comply.
    Or you could apply for the appropriate licence to own them. or modify them for display use only.


    with the Winchester 100 large mag mag you can according to a process showed on a website pretty simply modify a HK 30 and lager mag to fit
    I doubt anybody considering mass murder would pick a Winchester Model 100 - too hard to get large magazines and lots of them.

    At the end of the day the useless shit 'law makers' have effectively banned ANY self loading centrefire rifle, regardless of magazine capacity.

    But they constantly waffle on about M15 this and MSSA that and conveniently fail to mention the Winchester 100 etc.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 13,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

  11. #8996
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,934
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    I doubt anybody considering mass murder would pick a Winchester Model 100 - too hard to get large magazines and lots of them.

    At the end of the day the useless shit 'law makers' have effectively banned ANY self loading centrefire rifle, regardless of magazine capacity.

    But they constantly waffle on about M15 this and MSSA that and conveniently fail to mention the Winchester 100 etc.
    Odd you have an issue with this yet you have never mentioned any problem with the people who brought in AR15 especially modified to get around a law that was meant to ban them. They expoiting a series of loopholes that the gun lobby fought hard to maintain.
    If it wasnt for the greed of the Gun sellers in doing this its unlikely that we would be having this conversation.
    I am well prepared to forfeit some rights so even if that means that now i can't own a gun that no one really needs, In order to attempt to make NZ a safer place.
    Obviously you dont think the same, I can live with that, the world would be a boring place if we all agreed.

  12. #8997
    Join Date
    7th September 2009 - 09:47
    Bike
    Yo momma
    Location
    Podunk USA
    Posts
    4,454
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I am well prepared to forfeit some rights .
    Very foolish.

  13. #8998
    Join Date
    7th September 2009 - 09:47
    Bike
    Yo momma
    Location
    Podunk USA
    Posts
    4,454

  14. #8999
    Join Date
    15th February 2005 - 15:34
    Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Location
    The Gates of Delirium
    Posts
    8,786
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Very foolish.
    Did you expect anything different?

  15. #9000
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    9,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Did you expect anything different?
    Odd you have trolled on thread muliple times without having the the guts to state an opinion
    Anyone would think you are sitting on the fence just because you like the feeling of the pickets..............
    So go on hows about you state an opinion on the firearms laws or just troll elsewhere.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •