View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

291 31.91%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

96 10.53%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

408 44.74%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

177 19.41%
  • MSSA

66 7.24%
  • Pistol

78 8.55%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

35 3.84%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

313 34.32%
  • un-armed

305 33.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 554 of 676 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564604654 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 10140

Thread: The firearm thread

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post

That approach will cost billions of taxpayer dollars, but that will not stop these politicians.

Do you mean the cost of buy back?

Bike
    husaberg
    A disgusting and vile act by one Aussie. Unbelievably traumatic to all the victims and their families, and our deepest sympathies to everyone affected.

It is interesting that this scum was mobile in his car (possibly to another location??) when the plod captured him. I doubt he intended to be caught alive, so well done those two cops!

That approach will cost billions of taxpayer dollars, but that will not stop these politicians.

It was interesting to see her stating "A ban on semi auto's" immediately. No consultation. No judicial process. Nothing, just her personal view will be mandatory.
    A sad day for legal process too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    It's basically a Dictatorship. Don't forget that come next election
    You do realise the national party is backing the changes and they also ignored nearly all the recommended changes their own select committee put forward only a few years ago?

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/polit...-need-changing
    The Select Committee’s terms of reference were to focus on how widespread firearms possession is amongst criminals – including gangs, how those people who don’t have a firearms licence come into possession of firearms and what changes, if any, would restrict the flow of firearms to criminals, gangs and people who don’t hold a licence.
    “The committee made 20 recommendations. After careful consideration I’ve accepted seven, rejected 12, and recommended one proceed with changes,” Mrs Bennett says.

Bennett rejected most recommendations from the select committee's near year-long inquiry. Five of the committee's nine members are National MPs, and it is chaired by National MP Kanwaljit Singh Bakshi.
    The committee inquiry had caused concern among some gun owners and widespread changes would have been a controversial issue in election year.
    Rejected recommendations include requiring police to record serial numbers of all firearms upon renewal of licence or inspection, requiring a licence to possess ammunition, and making dealers keep records of ammunition sales
    Bennett also declined to act on the recommendation to investigate the creation of a category of restricted semi-automatic rifle and shotgun.
    https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/...mmittee-report
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=11876027

Its also hard to imagine its a dictatorship when we hold elections and the parties with the most seats decide what happens
    Also i note Gerry Brownless has asked for the sale of semi autos to be stopped immediately.
    Not only that. It took Australia 12 days to outlaw semi-automatic rifles and shotguns post the 1996 Port Arthur massacre, Where 35 people were slaughtered
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    It's basically a Dictatorship. Don't forget that come next election
    Considering the last election result prior to Government being formed ... be careful how you vote. Even then it may still be a lottery in seeing who gets in.

Dictatorship or vote hunting ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    It took Australia 12 days to outlaw semi-automatic rifles and shotguns post the 1996 Port Arthur massacre, Where 35 people were slaughtered
    so why did we have to wait until this happened and not follow aussie back then?
    how many other kneejerk reactions are we going to get?
    take that big billboard. seemed ok that it sat there for all that time with none of the three people including delicate kids having any sort of ear protection....

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Surprising how many people on here have claimed to currently own pistols?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Maybe it takes innocent people getting killed on that scale before shit gets real for politicians
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    gsx250
    Yes but if you make sure the penalties for the grey gun receiving and selling is strong enough this shouldn't become an issue, No one wants to spend 10 years in prison for the sake of a few dollars.
    Also if you know where the guns are, You end up with a better system then we have now. Plus it has to be user pays.
    There will always be criminals. but in NZ they actually tend to use cheap weapons such as 22's or shotguns according to the stats.

three years and four months was not enough for illegally supplying the weapon used in a murder.
    https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/west-c...sed-kill-woman.
    That won't stop it if you don't pay what they're worth.

Registration would have never have stopped this. That's delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I have stayed away from the news, too many people talking about things they know nothing about.

Last night I saw a discussion among journalists on social media. The topic was panic buying of semi automatics. There was no doubt in their mind that this was happening once the suggestion was made. Never mind that you need a special endorsement to buy a military style semi automatic. The endorsement requires interviews with about five different people, and the chances of getting the endorsement between the PMs announcement suggesting a law change Friday and last night was absolutely zero. Exactly where all those guns were being purchased on a Sunday wasn't made clear either.

Sure something like that was alleged to have happened in Florida after the nightclub shooting there, but NZ is not Florida.

Oh, and on the buy back option. Following the buy back exercise in Australia somebody bought some surplus computers from the police. The drives had not been properly cleared and it was apparent that there were instances of multiple surrenders of the same firearm. Say I take my old shitter in to the station and Constable Bob gives me the money. I then go to the back door, he gives me the gun back and I give him half the money. We arrange to meet next Friday. Nice little earner. Then again NZ isn't Oz either.
    There are standard license semi automatics. Which is what's being bought.

Things like that will happen here. In Canada people registered hot glue guns.

A disgusting and vile act by one Aussie. Unbelievably traumatic to all the victims and their families, and our deepest sympathies to everyone affected.

It is interesting that this scum was mobile in his car (possibly to another location??) when the plod captured him. I doubt he intended to be caught alive, so well done those two cops!

Coupled with the greens, who a vehement haters of any type of firearm...

It was interesting to see her stating "A ban on semi auto's" immediately. No consultation. No judicial process. Nothing, just her personal view will be mandatory.
    A sad day for legal process too.

All that coupled with lying biased media and a rush though with urgency mentality is seriously bad for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Do you mean the cost of buy back?
    Yes. If the government and by extension you. Are not willing to pay fair value then compliance will be low.

Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    how many other kneejerk reactions are we going to get?
    take that big billboard. seemed ok that it sat there for all that time with none of the three people including delicate kids having any sort of ear protection....
    Because the aussie have had plenty of mass shootings after port Arthur. Rampant gun crime. Their system is a failure.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jafagsx250 View Post

delusional is you answering to points i never made.
    That example i used, i knew her we went to school together. Her 3 kids are going to grow up without a mother she was killed in front of them.
    I am sure they would be real sympathetic to inconveniencing you over this issue.
    Tell you what, pm me your address and i will send around her mum to explain to you what its like to lose a daughter to a murdering prick that had not only already raped her. Also one that had killed another person previously.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    gsx250
    delusional is you answering to points i never made.
    That example i used, i knew her we went to school together. Her 3 kids are going to grow up without a mother she was killed in front of them.
    I am sure they would be real sympathetic to inconveniencing you over this issue.
    Tell you what, pm me your address and i will send around her mum to explain to you what its like to loose a daughter to a murdering prick that had not only already raped her. Also one that had killed another person previously.
    Nope. You mentioned that then we'd know where the guns are. Which is registration.

That's a tragedy.

If I were confident you would not abuse the knowledge then I would.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Surprising how many people on here have claimed to currently own pistols?
    Why is that surprising?
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    husaberg
    Nope. You mentioned that then we'd know where the guns are. Which is registration.

That's a tragedy.

If I were confident you would not abuse the knowledge then I would.
    Really, it will no problem for you to point out where i said anything about buy back then, also . in the post you quoted.
    Knowing where the guns are is not regisration it can be tracking with transponders it can be the police checking gun cabnets every year or randomly for security.
    I know. It's one of the ways they'll be using to try and reduce the numbers. If people can't afford to be legal then don't be surprised if there are grey guns. You need to encourage compliance with the law.
    Yes but if you make sure the penalties for the grey gun receiving and selling is strong enough this shouldn't become an issue, No one wants to spend 10 years in prison for the sake of a few dollars.
    Also if you know where the guns are, You end up with a better system then we have now. Plus it has to be user pays.
    There will always be criminals. but in NZ they actually tend to use cheap weapons such as 22's or shotguns according to the stats.
    three years and four months was not enough for illegally supplying the weapon used in a murder.
    https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/west-c...sed-kill-woman.
    Or are you confusing me with the select committee National formed which strongly recommended registration or the Police association that also strongly recommended this and were both ignored.
    How would anyone abuse the knowledge of registered firearms do they abuse the car registrations. or if you are mening your address
    Shit really, i am expected to trust you with a military high velocity semi auto and you dont even want to trust me to know where you live? seems a bit one sided
    The Government trusts me as a fit and proper person why cant you?
    Do you deem guns to be a lower risk than Cattle as they have to be registered and their movements tracked this is a user pays scheme?

So how come you get to decide about the firearm rules anyway?
    Do you know more than the firearm select committees or the police association?
    You cant even reply to my posts in full. Or so a bit of courage to talk to the victims of firearms attack.
    As for the funding, Under the NRA's right wing rules its a user pays world, it seems the tax payers have been funding the gun licences here though, so expect that to stop.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    gsx250
    Really, it will no problem for you to point out where i did in the post you replied to then.

Or are you confusing me with the select committee National formed which strongly recomended this or the Police assosociated that also strongly recomended this and were both ignored.
    How would anyone abuse the knowledge of registered firearms do they abuse the car registrations
    The police association lies constantly.

Police sell the data to criminals

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=jafagsx250;1131128081
    Because the aussie have had plenty of mass shootings after port Arthur. Rampant gun crime. Their system is a failure.[/QUOTE]

Really? the Wast Australian murder suicide (7 deaths) was the first mass shooting since port Arthur. Still plenty of crime involving guns, however
    This (dated 2016)
    1. Australia hasn't had a single mass shooting since the gun buyback.

The analysis, by Simon Chapman at the University of Sydney and colleagues, found that there were 13 mass shootings in the 17 years prior to the passage of the National Firearms Agreement. Since then, there hasn't been a single one.

Chapman and his colleagues define mass shooting as five or more victims shot and killed, not including the shooter. In the United States, there have been 11 mass shootings meeting that definition this year alone, and 33 since 2014.

Chapman, it's important to note, was active in the push for gun control in Australia following the 1996 massacre, and has written a book about the experience. Still, his paper is very cautiously worded -- at no point does he claim that the gun ban caused any of the observed changes.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    The police association lies constantly.

Police sell the data to criminals
    Really the NZ police sell data?
    What about the military them too?
    What about answering my posts?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Why is that surprising?
    Because it is 8.65 percent, which seems too high. I dont know anyone who owns pistols legitemately, plus they are useless for anything other than boring old target shooting and killing things at very close range.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Thread Information