View Poll Results: Which firearm types do you own?

Voters
912. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shotgun (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

291 31.91%
  • Shotgun Auto (non MSSA)

96 10.53%
  • Rifle (single, double, pump, lever, bolt)

408 44.74%
  • Rifle Auto (non MSSA)

177 19.41%
  • MSSA

66 7.24%
  • Pistol

78 8.55%
  • Black powder (rifle, pistol, shotgun)

35 3.84%
  • Air/Gas (pistol, rifle)

313 34.32%
  • un-armed

305 33.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 558 of 676 FirstFirst ... 58458508548556557558559560568608658 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 10140

Thread: The firearm thread

Bike
    Yo momma
    Who is going to collect the guns from all the David Grays and the boongah gangs. They sure as shit won't be voluntarily handing them over.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12215416
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Who is going to collect the guns from all the David Grays and the boongah gangs. They sure as shit won't be voluntarily handing them over.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12215416
    Wow Jason

For pages and pages some people have been going on about how responsable all the other NZ gun owners are with military style Semi autos and how this is just one persons actions.
    Now you are worried about police safety due toa large number of nutters with semi autos running around who will not want to comply with the gun laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Please can someone put me straight on this?

My only semi-auto rifle is a cheap and nasty Norinco SKS (7.62 x 39), on a fancy Dragunov stock, telescopic sight, with bi-pod and magazines that only hold 5 rounds.

As it doesn't have a pistol grip and doesn't fire more than 7 shots, I consider this gun to still be legal for a CAT A licence holder?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Please can someone put me straight on this?

My only semi-auto rifle is a cheap and nasty Norinco SKS (7.62 x 39), on a fancy Dragunov stock, telescopic sight, with bi-pod and magazines that only hold 5 rounds.

As it doesn't have a pistol grip and doesn't fire more than 7 shots, I consider this gun to still be legal for a CAT A licence holder?
    It also has to be not capable of having a larger mag purchased and inserted without mods.
    I think you run into issues there
    https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/cate...gazines/sks.do

MSSAs include: semi-automatics capable of being used with a detachable magazine with more than five cartridges; and semi-automatic shotguns capable of being used with a detachable magazine holding more than five cartridges
    3. What semi-automatic firearms are affected by Thursday's Order in Council?
    Two types of firearms are now defined as Military Style Semi-Automatics (MSSAs):
    A semi-automatic firearm capable of being used with a detachable magazine which holds more than five cartridges
    https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/natio...church-attacks
    2. What semi-automatic firearms will NOT be affected by the ban?
    There is a balance to be struck between public safety and legitimate use. The changes exclude two general classes of firearms which are commonly used for hunting, pest control, stock management on farms, and duck shooting:
    Semi-automatic .22 calibre rimfire firearms with a magazine which holds no more than ten rounds
    Semi-automatic and pump action shotguns with a non-detachable tubular magazine which holds no more than five rounds
    Ring up the police and ask them or ring up a gun club.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Wow Jason

Now you are worried about police safety due toa large number of nutters with semi autos running around who will not want to comply with the gun laws.
    Not sure how you got that from my post.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    husaberg
    Not sure how you got that from my post.
    from the words jason, from the words. David Gray had a gun licence.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Yo momma
    My point is that almost all of the guns that will be voluntarily handed over will be from law abiding citizens.
    License holders or not, the David Grays, the Brenton Tarrants and the gangs will hang on to their hardware and will make it fucking difficult for the authorities to find them if they come calling.
    Clear enough for you???
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Yo momma
    Oh and please do not quote my posts in case Pritch gets his seniors undies in a bunch again.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    husaberg
    My point is that almost all of the guns that will be voluntarily handed over will be from law abiding citizens.
    License holders or not, the David Grays, the CHch dickwad and the gangs will hang on to their hardware and will make it fucking difficult for the authorities to find them if they come calling.
    Clear enough for you???
    Yip the law abiding ones will hand over the guns. The ones that dont are criminals and will be treated as such.
    We will see if these other law abiding citizens report the names of those that still have the illegal firearms.
    The bit you are missing is the David Greys and the Chch dickkwads whose name no one remembers or posts the name of, purchased the guns legally.

Oh and please do not quote my posts in case Pritch gets his seniors undies in a bunch again.
    Pritch says hi
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Was out on ride this morning and heard a strange story. Bill who is getting on a bit, used to have B, C and E endorsements on his firearms licence but he has long since sold all of his guns. His licence is still valid but he's just waiting for it to expire. He received a phone call from someone at the police, they wanted to check his security.

Bill told the guy that he'd sold all his guns and that their records should confirm that fact. His safe is empty plus they are holding photographs of his safe so they should not need to visit.

It was all to no avail, the guy insisted. When the visit took place the guy arrived with photos of the safe in his paperwork. What that's about God knows? All I can put it down to is that the guy is paid by piecework and needed the cash.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Yo momma
    The bit you are missing is the David Greys and the Chch dickkwads whose name no one remembers or posts the name of, purchased the guns legally.
    Yes I know that.
    Quite different to here where more often than not the mass shootings were done with illegally obtained weapons.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    husaberg
    Yes I know that.
    Quite different to here where the majority of the mass shootings were done with illegally obtained weapons.
    Its not the case here, Although the Aramoana one should have had his revoked earlier. The Rairimu killers one was revoked but he still unfortunately had ready access to his fathers unlocked and illegible sawn-off shotgun.
    The only one i can think off was the Napier one, who had not renewed his. i am sure there have been others but they were more robberies gone wrong etc rather than spree killers.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Was out on ride this morning and heard a strange story. Bill who is getting on a bit, used to have B, C and E endorsements on his firearms licence but he has long since sold all of his guns. His licence is still valid but he's just waiting for it to expire. He received a phone call from someone at the police, they wanted to check his security.

Bill told the guy that he'd sold all his guns and that their records should confirm that fact. His safe is empty plus they are holding photographs of his safe so they should not need to visit.

It was all to no avail, the guy insisted. When the visit took place the guy arrived with photos of the safe in his paperwork. What that's about God knows? All I can put it down to is that the guy is paid by piecework and needed the cash.
    Being thorough i guess?
    Locks only keep honest people out
    If you ask the prisioners if they are guilty or not the prisons are full of innocent people
    Thus a criminal is going to say he has no rifles if you ask them?
    The best you can do is do checks?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    DPMS AR-10 + Aftermarket stock + Carbine Length Buffer Tube + Spare Magazines

(all with NZ Prices)
    Like this???
    http://www.armslist.com/posts/948026...e--custom-ar15
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Shit man I may have to vote for the big J next year the way she is taking control and doing stuff finally. Now if she could just reduce the ACC portion on my motorcycle rego I'd happy.

Thread Information