Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RANT: F*&#ing Cagers who park in bike spaces.

Bike
    2011 CB1000R
    I almost always have to shift a scooter or two any time I park at the Library or supermarket. They just park them willy nilly like no-one else is likely to wanna park their bike there, or they forget that a bike is a little bigger and not so easy to manouver in a tight space as a scooter is.Lucky you can pick them up and shift 'em around like the bar stools that they are.
    As for cages parking in M/C spaces....
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    etiquette? treat it like every other vehicle on the road, assume they are a blind, ignorant brainless cunt who is out to kill you, and ride accordingly

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Quote Originally Posted by moko
    ...Traffic Warden had a real good look(we were watching from a burger Bar across the road)and moved on,so is the ticket per vehicle or for the parking space?
    Perhaps he was amazed that bikes actually paid!
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    ninja 250
    I think its OK to park in a m/c park in a car, if youve left your bike at home, you know, m/c parking, yep, got one of them, thanks. And all 3 vehicles I own are Hondas, 1 CBR600, 2 civics he he he.

Bike
    BMW R65LS, part time R75 old fart rider
    Quote Originally Posted by paparazzi
    As a motor vehicle, I can't see any reason why you can't park a bike in a car park, though I'd be concerned about someone backing into it.. I usually look for motorcycle parks on the street, park in a council parking building or park on the footpath next to a large pole to chain the bike to..

In the Auckland City Council car parks (Civic, Downtown, Fanshawe, Victoria and maybe K'rd?) there is designated bike parking, just nip around the side of the barrier to get in and out. In their parking buildings you'll get grief from security if you park in a car park, but as long as you park in the designated areas it's ok. Oh and did I mention it's free?

Location of ACC car parking buildings

Location of Auckland CBD motorcycle parking

BTW the number for the Auckland City Council call center is (09) 379 2020, and they are interested in dealing to illegally parked cars..
    Similar info here

I parked in K'Rd recently and just tucked in behind a pole where no car would ever use the space. Got a few laughs from the people going in the other in-lane as I snuck round the barrier arm
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Bike
    BMW R65LS, part time R75 old fart rider
    cagers always park in the bike parking on Alfred St and Symonds St at night. I was returning to my bike one evening and a guy was trying to squeeze in between bikes. I told him he'd never make it and he proceeded to pick up a scooter and move it sideways to get in. I dunno how you feel about this, but if anyone moved my bike around so they could fit a car in, I'd be pretty annoyed. Its *mine* damnit and other people might damage it...... Still I suppose it better than knocking it over....
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Bike
    Cali 111 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Tourer :P
    cagers always park in the bike parking on Alfred St and Symonds St at night. I was returning to my bike one evening and a guy was trying to squeeze in between bikes. I told him he'd never make it and he proceeded to pick up a scooter and move it sideways to get in. I dunno how you feel about this, but if anyone moved my bike around so they could fit a car in, I'd be pretty annoyed. Its *mine* damnit and other people might damage it...... Still I suppose it better than knocking it over....
    Thats like people that insist on sitting or letting their kids sit on a M/bike, go sit in their car and move it out of a bike park and watch the reaction

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Tourer :P
    I parked in K'Rd recently and just tucked in behind a pole where no car would ever use the space. Got a few laughs from the people going in the other in-lane as I snuck round the barrier arm
    I park in K'road every day. My company has a season pass.
    after being attacked by the barrier arm a few times and complaining about it the official response was "we are not equipped to handle motorcycles, just drive around the barrier." & "if your not going to pay try not to use a parking space" So I use it when I have to bring the cage but generally just lend it to my staff. According to the staff if youy want your bike in one piece don't ever use the proper spaces, as people have been known to use their cars to push bikes out of the way when They can't find thier own space.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    for fun one day park your bike in the biggest nicest cage park, and then sit back and wait for them to knock it over for some new fairings and paint for free!! I am sure your size would convince them fairly quick.!

Bike
    2001 Suzuki GSF250V
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Lemur
    Seriously both times I wished I could park my bike on their roofs. Hell if they want the free parking all they have to do is start using two wheels like the rest of us. It's just one of the many advantages.
    This happened a lot in Wellington on weekends and evenings. It's beginning to tail off, though, because the council have started sending traffic wardens out on the weekend - I almost clapped with glee when I watched one wander down the bike park outside the old Dominion Building and ticket the row of cars.
    Look, it's an itsy bitsy Bandit.

Bike
    2001 Suzuki GSF250V
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf
    Hello, have a question on the same topic... (being a new bike owner)

Are bikes allow to park in car spaces?
    So long as you stick the money in for pay spaces, yep.
    Look, it's an itsy bitsy Bandit.

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Wellington is pretty bad for dodgy parking - the taxi drivers really get on my nerves and I have had some yelling matches with them for parking without paying while waiting for fares in Waring Taylor St. Rang parking enforcement last time I was in the car, at least it made them all pay up, and one left so I had a space anyway! I parked my bike in Hunter St once and a truck parked less than a foot in front of the bike parks. There were heaps of bikes there and I couldn't get out around them, so I asked a large bloke walking along to help me lift my bike onto the footpath and I rode off from there!

I say let down two of the tyres of the mongels' cars that are parked on bike parks. One tyre is a nuisance (they usually have a spare), but two inconveniences them so much they may get the message!
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FAZER 600S
    Seems to be a blind eye turned towards bikes being parked on the pavement here as well.It`s illegal but as a lot of our pavements are wide as long as you dont act like a prat and use a bit of common sense you`ll get left alone,i.e. tuck it in next to one of the flower beds e.t.c.also the council recently installed big hoops for cyclists to chain their bikes too,they`ve kind of got pushed out by bikers.My bike was parked right outside the entrance to the market last Saturday afternoon,next to the wall and not in anyone`s way so no ticket despite being on the pavement in one of the busiest parts of the city.

Bike
    XT660Z
    Quote Originally Posted by moko
    Seems to be a blind eye turned towards bikes being parked on the pavement here as well.It`s illegal but as a lot of our pavements are wide as long as you dont act like a prat and use a bit of common sense you`ll get left alone,i.e. tuck it in next to one of the flower beds e.t.c.also the council recently installed big hoops for cyclists to chain their bikes too,they`ve kind of got pushed out by bikers.My bike was parked right outside the entrance to the market last Saturday afternoon,next to the wall and not in anyone`s way so no ticket despite being on the pavement in one of the busiest parts of the city.
    Sounds like you have a pretty enlightened council - shame they're not more of them

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FAZER 600S
    Quote Originally Posted by bgd
    Sounds like you have a pretty enlightened council - shame they're not more of them
    Yes,they`re definately pro-bike,maybe because of the Mega-ride charity run which is a massive event here every year,6000 bikers and many times that number of people that come into the city to watch and spend loads of money while they`re here.It would be very easy to shift the whole thing just down the road to Exeter,who`d dearly love to have it,if our council pissed off the bike clubs that run it.On-pavement thing started a few years back with foreign bikers doing it,think it`s legal in France,now it`s pretty well accepted and bikers dont abuse it and use their common sense so basically we get left alone.I think the fact that the allocated bike parking,and there`s loads of that too,gets used helps,if no-one used that and was just dumping their machine on the pavement to save a short walk then it would be different.If there`s a space in the bike park that`s where the guys park up,if not somewhere causing no obstruction,good example of a bit of common sense on both sides making life easier for everyone.

Bike
    Arse Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    Thats like people that insist on sitting or letting their kids sit on a M/bike, go sit in their car and move it out of a bike park and watch the reaction
    What the hell! If anyone ever did that to one of MY bikes, i would want to key their cage!

Some people have so much nerve! I wonder if it would be safe to just leave a bike at my school; 2 teachers do, one has the bike I am getting So I wonder if the stupid white trash / wiggas / bogans, that attend my school would leave it alone... I want a flame-thrower security alarm

Well, that made me feel better
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    if you have a face afterwards well... that depends how you act...

Thread Information