Thread: Recommended motorcycle covers?

Bike
    Suzuki SV650K3

Question Recommended motorcycle covers?

Hiya can anyone recommend a brand/model of one of those material/ fabric motorcycle covers?

I live in windy Wellington, and unfortunately I don't have a garage to keep my baby bandit nice 'n dry.

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    I have had a few of them over the years. They are all Taiwanese crap - Get one made from light canvas.

Bike
    Suzuki SV650K3
    Thanks dude. Actually, I've asked around and some people have warned me from the plastic and nylon ones - apparently they build condensation leading to further rust problems. I assume the canvas ones "breathe" to prevent this problem ? Do you know where I could pick up a canvas one ?

Bike
    '96 suzuki GSF600s,'86 CBR400R Aero
    hay franco

have a look at 'the bike barn' they are premo. there is someone in wellington that sells them...
    asked Mom if I was a gifted child ... she said they certainly wouldn't have paid for me.

Bike
    Something red and quick
    I had one from Cyclespot 4 years ago (forgot the brand, but it was the only brand at that time).
    Silver colour, has 4 bungee strap at the corners if you want to anchor it to the ground, and also 1 clip-on strap right under the midsection of the bike to prevent it from lifting up.
    Good and breathable, only for $115
    Still good after 3 years living outdoor.

But nothing beats ol' concrete and brick
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Originally posted by franco
    apparently they build condensation leading to further rust problems. I assume the canvas ones "breathe" to prevent this problem ? Do you know where I could pick up a canvas one ?
    Canvas will still need to be vented, just like a tent. For permanent outdoor use, a decent tent material will be the go. You could get one made by anyone who does caravan awnings. However, it won't be cheap - you could always get hold of a movable garden shed to act as a garage...

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA
    Franco, try the BMW bike shops. They may make boring motorcycles, not my opinion *, but they make excellent products.

I know they have one made of high-tech fabric which is supposed to breathe and is beautifully made to last. It will not be cheap but it will work and is much cheaper than a garage.

That's one thing about the Germans, like them or not, they don't do things half assed. It's got to be right or they won't do it at all.

(* I'm too short for their bikes)

Bike
    1991 Kawasaki ZXR400L1
    From the other extreme, a $5 ground sheet from warehouse and some luggage bungy ties from the bargain bin at Repcos or Mitre10 for less than $10.

Bike
    Suzuki SV650K3
    Wow - I've just logged in and have read all the responses
    Thanks heaps - well - i certainly have more options now & i reckon you've put me on the right track !!

franco

Thread Information