Thread: Kiwi wins Isle of Man 1000TT

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega

Kiwi wins Isle of Man 1000TT

New Plymouth's Shaun Harris took out the 1000TT title at The Isle of Man on Monday. Harris won his second Isle of Man TT after heading off expatriate New Zealander, Bruce Anstey, both Kiwis on Suzuki 1000 bikes.
    Harris's winning margin of 16 seconds came after three laps of the island course; each lap is almost 38 miles.

He led from start to finish but didn't have it all his own way. Anstey was pushing Harris hard until he took a pitstop in the second lap, which gave Harris the breathing space he needed to go on and win.

Sean Harris is a former NZ national titleholder and competed in our national championships this year.

Bruce Anstey is a past New Zealand Champion; he has been living in the U.K. for a number of years.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue

Kiwi wins Isle of Man 600TT

Shaun wins second TT

(courtesy IOMTT)

Shaun Takes Delayed Proddie Win
    Shaun Harris charged to his second Isle of Man TT victory of the week, powering clear of Hondas Ian Lougher, to win the Production 600 race which was stopped after two laps as the mist that had delayed the start of racing for four and a half hours rolled back in quickly.

Harris, the 30 year Kiwi was on the charge from the start of the Proddie race, pulling out a two seconds advantage on the dash towards Glen Helen. "I came over here with a new mental attitude: total belief in myself, an in depth knowledge in the circuit and total confidence in my bike. I decided to get out there and go for it from the start, doing my own thing."

Harris was dominant, going further clear on a first high
    speed dash around the 37.73 mile Mountain Course at an average speed of 119.75mph, completed as he charged over the start line at scorching 146.9mph.

Honda rider Lougher was trying everything he knew to make up time, but the Welshman could make little impression as Harris went on take the race by some 16 seconds. "Thats awesome," smiled the winner, adding: "I rolled off the power big time coming over the mountain, where it was getting really foggy. I'm glad that the organisers used common sense to stop the race."

Lougher agreed: "the fog was coming down fast, and
    visibility was down to ten bike lengths - that apart it was a good ride, and another rostrum finish for me this
    week, so that's not too bad."

Third place went to Ryan Farquhar, riding Kawasaki, just ahead of the Suzuki of Adrian Archibald and Jason Griffiths on a Yamaha, while Honda duo Richard Britton and Martin Finnegan headed Triumph's Junior race winner Bruce Anstey who had to settle for eighth place.

Anstey had declined to join his Triumph team-mates Jim Moodie and John McGuinness the previous evening (Thursday) when they dined with Prince William, making a private visit to the Island to watch the racing. Moodie was twelfth and McGuinness 18th.

Results from the Isle of Man TT Racing Festival

Production 600TT - two laps, 75.46miles
    1 Shaun Harris Suzuki 37m 49.79s
    2 Ian Lougher Honda 38.06.10
    3 Ryan Farquhar Kawasaki 38 10.17
    4 Adrian Archibald Suzuki 38 13.25
    5 Jason Griffiths Yamaha 38 17.08
    6 Richard Britton Honda 38 31.89
    7 Martin Finnegan Honda 38 36.64
    8 Bruce Anstey Triumph 38 50.74
    9 Chris Heath Yamaha 38 51.01
    10 Roy Richardson Kawasaki 39 14.30
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Shauns best view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sa bv.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	156  
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Thread Information