Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING WELLESLEY ST BUS LIGHT

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R

Arrow WARNING WELLESLEY ST BUS LIGHT

yeah, on way from uni got a ticket, now I miss a lecture by JRs boss kinda gutted about that, for running the bus lane light on wellesly.

Now I questioned officer, well cant even read the handwriting, about bikes being able to use the bus lane to which she replied something like ..."we had a bike through earlier but we just DONT KNOW....ummm yeah still dont know....I will give you the ticket anyways heres is the address you write to to get off..."

I was extremly polite, mind you initially forgot to take off helmet, relised and rectified this when I tried to give my address (which she wrote down incorrect!!). Just quitely sat on the bike while cage after cage was pulled up as well, said thank you and was on my way, with another ticket under my belt.

A few points
    1. If police are going to do a crack down should they not be knowledgable about the law that they are inforcing and the local rules and regs?? Spud??

2. If they found out that there was something early on in the sting, could one of them not reached down to their hips/walked the metre to the squad car and radioed for conformation??

3. And cute female officers make the whole process so much better

Bike
    2002 Suzuki FXR150
    Yeah I've been wondering whether its ok to go on the bus light or not.

Ridiculous really, because you try sitting in a bus lane at a red light (where you are allowed to be) with a bus behind you. When that bus light goes, if you don't move forward that bus driver is going to get real pissed off and it will defeat the whole purpose of having the light in the first place...

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Call the Auckland City Council (it's in the phone book) and ask about it from them, not to forget asking for the phone-answerer's name. That'll be enough for your defense (or downfall).

If the case is about "using bus-lane" and not about the light, go to town hall and pick up a leaflet about bike using bus-lane. That'll be enough for your defense. Good luck, we're counting on you. Don't forget to let us know the result
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX
    yeah, on way from uni got a ticket, now I miss a lecture by JRs boss kinda gutted about that, for running the bus lane light on wellesly.
    Eh? Miss it? I thought he was doing it on Friday.

bikes being able to use the bus lane
    Bikes can use non-motorway bus lanes. As Marmoot pointed out, you now have the pleasure of going off to find the appropriate council regulations so that you can quote them in your letter. The ticket won't stick; I'm finding it difficult to pick any cosmic usefulness out of the situation

cute female officers make the whole process so much better
    Yes, I've seen a few around who I wouldn't mind being pulled by. Nudge nudge, wink wink. I wonder if cops are allowed to return calls to phone numbers given to them while on duty by drooling young unattached bikers...
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    ok just spent two minutes research I should be sweet

http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/auck...bigpicture.asp

and to qoute

"Bus priority lanes
    Bus lanes separate buses from other traffic, enabling them to avoid traffic congestion. By using the lanes, buses have shorter journey times and can keep to their timetables. The lanes are clearly marked kerbside lanes, some are coloured green for easy identification. Bus lanes generally operate citybound during the morning traffic peak and outbound during the afternoon traffic peak. Driving, parking or stopping on the lanes is prohibited during the times they operate.

Auckland City bus priority lanes can be used by these vehicles only:

buses (excluding tourist and shuttle buses)
    emergency vehicles
    bicycles
    motorcycles, motor scooters, mopeds
    traffic enforcement vehicles.
    "end qoute

well that took ages, useless bloody cops, again why I think they need to get a decent kick up the arse! it took me but 1 minute to find that, and they had already pulled a bike before me, a quick call to the station would of found out this info.

But why are our law enforcers not aware of the law they are enforcing?? Leads me to think if they have the inability to look up simple thing like bus lane rules before going out to ticket people on bus lanes what else they are incapable of???

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    JR was tonight at 1930

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    JR was tonight at 1930
    Oh, right. I wasn't too sure.

Anyway, you already know who to ask if you're vaguely curious about what we do
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    What a complete fucking joke. Again it just emphasises the fact that they are just out for the money, nothing to do with "road safety." If money wasnt their motive they would have said, umm we aren't sure so we will look it up and post the ticket if you are in the wrong. But no, they give the ticket and hope that the person is too nieve to try to get off and end up paying it.

After you get off write a big complaint to someone high up. How much was it for?

Bike
    WEAPON
    Quote Originally Posted by k14
    What a complete fucking joke."road safety." If money wasnt their motive they would have said, umm we aren't sure so we will look it up and post the ticket if you are in the wrong. But no, they give the ticket and hope that the person is too nieve to try to get off and end up paying it.

After you get off write a big complaint to someone high up. How much was it for?
    A joke, yes, cops are smart, no. They seem to be putting anyone in cop uniform at the moment, small childern, blind people, monkeys you name it.
    As for those highway patrol boys n girls

Proberly get stung on my way home tonight now for saying that
    GSXR wiping the shit that is that Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki off the road since '85'

All you Gixxer riders check it out http://www.gixxerplanet.com/home/ind...referrerid=235
    For all your riding saftey gear needs and Remus Mufflers check out www.quasimoto.co.nz
    Anything Suzuki! Rock into Colemans and check it out www.colemans-suzuki.co.nz

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    Quote Originally Posted by loosebruce
    A joke, yes, cops are smart, no. They seem to be putting anyone in cop uniform at the moment, small childern, blind people, monkeys you name it.
    As for those highway patrol boys n girls

Proberly get stung on my way home tonight now for saying that
    Yeah, there are some real good cops out there, the ones on this site included, aswell as some i know personally. But some are just completely useless. Wish they would get their facts right before doing stuff like this. Shouldn't they get a repremand or something for this?? Cause it is quite clearly ticketing someone for doing something completly legal. :spudwhat:

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    Do you know that you are allow to ask the Police under what law and what section you are being given a ticket for. And if they can't remember then they cannot charge you. Just don't behave like a smartass thou.

Bike
    WEAPON
    Quote Originally Posted by k14
    Yeah, there are some real good cops out there, the ones on this site included, aswell as some i know personally. But some are just completely useless. Wish they would get their facts right before doing stuff like this. Shouldn't they get a repremand or something for this?? Cause it is quite clearly ticketing someone for doing something completly legal. :spudwhat:
    Good cops for sure, infact dare i say, cops in auckland are pretty sweet for the ones i'v had to deal (or more so the ones i stop for) the cops in welly are to hard up for action and just pull you for no reason mainly coz they are bored shitless, up here they seem to have more important things to worry about.
    But as far as ticketing someone for something legit, wtf!!!! Makes sense to me to be able to go on the bus light!
    GSXR wiping the shit that is that Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki off the road since '85'

All you Gixxer riders check it out http://www.gixxerplanet.com/home/ind...referrerid=235
    For all your riding saftey gear needs and Remus Mufflers check out www.quasimoto.co.nz

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    yeah tried to be real nice as the girl was probally only not much older than me, and as I mentioned before rather cute! and a letter writtten by a blind dsylexic sp?(irony) monkey would be able to get me off this one!!

Bike
    WEAPON
    yeah tried to be real nice as the girl was probally only not much older than me, and as I mentioned before rather cute! and a letter writtten by a blind dsylexic sp?(irony) monkey would be able to get me off this one!!
    Good point on the blind people thing, my experience withthe lady officers are that they aren't all that easy going, kinda like they have something to prove - which they don't, respect is due to any officer.
    I'd be confident that you'd get off this one sAsLEX, how much was it btw, was it the usual $150 or some crazy amount, like the $400 i got for not having an L plate years ago, you can buy a lot of L plates for $400.

Bike
    Something red and quick
    But why are our law enforcers not aware of the law they are enforcing?? Leads me to think if they have the inability to look up simple thing like bus lane rules before going out to ticket people on bus lanes what else they are incapable of???
    Maybe because it is a city bylaw, not an actual law
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Thread Information