• 80-89 rallys

0 0%
  • 90-100 and over

3 6.12%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Rally whores

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    What are you going to do for the 'Off the Rails' rally?

Win "Best European that didn't travel at all"??
    Cheeky sod

There's always Beaumont or are too old old timer?

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sensible View Post
    Cheeky sod

There's always Beaumont or are too old old timer?
    Yeah but are YOU up to it?? (Grey hair saps your strength so they say....)
    (Or are there more job-changes/in-laws visits/bike changes looming that may interfere with this rally?? Huh? huh??)
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    You never know...

Beaumont could be a possibility, depends....

Bike
    Darmah, 888, B50SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sensible View Post
    You never know...

Beaumont could be a possibility, depends....
    Bugger....I can't do that one.
    Wanna know my excuse?
    ...she took the KT, and left me the Buell to ride....(Blues Brothers)

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    I just went and counted all of Andy's badges that I could find (on a vest, in his drawer, etc) and they totalled 244. I deducted the toy/ambulance/etc run badges (67) and was still left with 177 (including 20 Grand Challenges). There were a few adventure ride badges amongst these (some I wasn't sure) but I doubt there would be more than 20-30, so he's still done about 150 actual rallies!

I know he has a big bag stuffed full of badges that wouldn't fit on his vest, but I can't find them right now so the actual total may be even higher. Does he get a prize for having the most badges?
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    I just went and counted all of Andy's badges that I could find (on a vest, in his drawer, etc) and they totalled 244. I deducted the toy/ambulance/etc run badges (67) and was still left with 177 (including 20 Grand Challenges). There were a few adventure ride badges amongst these (some I wasn't sure) but I doubt there would be more than 20-30, so he's still done about 150 actual rallies!

I know he has a big bag stuffed full of badges that wouldn't fit on his vest, but I can't find them right now so the actual total may be even higher. Does he get a prize for having the most badges?
    IMPRESSIVE!!
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

yank tank at Glenorchy 2006 rally

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    I just found the other bag full - there were another 37 in there. 14 were toy run badges, four adventure rides, and another 19 rally badges. So that gives him a total of about 170 rallies. See, before he met me he had no life so filled it with going to rallies... ha ha! Before I met him, I filled my life with photographing motorsport - man, I miss that!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by idb View Post
    Bugger....I can't do that one.
    Wanna know my excuse?
    No, we know why Mr Ducati poser dude... (there's that jealousy streak again damn it)

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    I just found the other bag full - there were another 37 in there. 14 were toy run badges, four adventure rides, and another 19 rally badges. So that gives him a total of about 170 rallies. See, before he met me he had no life so filled it with going to rallies... ha ha! Before I met him, I filled my life with photographing motorsport - man, I miss that!
    Bloody hell, truly impressive.

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    And he's younger than me! He said he went to a rally once and they had a prize for the person with the most badges. This old guy stood up and said "that would be me" and walked up to collect the prize. They counted his three rows of badges on the front of his vest and then another guy said he had more than that so they counted his and found he had five more... then Andy stood up and said "I think I may have more than that" and he said they all stared at his vest and he could see them thinking "maybe..." until he turned around and they saw the back of it covered too - and there were some on the inside too! He has at least 50 that aren't on there. I'll try and get a photo so you can get an idea what that many badges looks like!

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Here are the photos of the vest - as mentioned, he has about another 50 or so in bags as there is no room except on the inside of the vest! The ones that look like a ladder on the front are his 20 Grand Challenge date bars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	badges1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	364.8 KB 
ID:	56792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	badges2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	408.4 KB 
ID:	56793  

Bike
    What are the World Record Rally ones?

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Right, just did a proper count up and got 292 in total! Of the ones not on the vest, 39 are toy, etc runs or adventure rides, and (without counting them again) there would be about 30 or so of the same on the vest, so that still comes to over 200 rally badges.

The World Rally ones (there are about three I think) are one of those ones where you pay to enter to help break the world record for the number of entries but there is no actual rally. I think the proceeds went to charity.

When I don't have any work on (got a rush editing job now that I need to complete by tomorrow morning) I will count them all individually and give an accurate total for the toy runs, rallies and adventure rides, etc.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Well, dredged out all my rally badges - sadly there's quite a few 'holes' in my collection due to not making sure I still had the badge on me when I got back from vatious rallies -

But the ones I DID have I mounted (oo-err) on the lid of a styrene box, the pins pushed in easily and a dab of hot-glue to make sure.

The Vincent and Magpie are the ones I have the most of - and even then there's a few gaps.

63 in total on the board
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    63 in total on the board
    Always knew you were a rally whore from the first day I met yah...

I have actually lost bulk of my badges, (many norf island rallies)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    I think I'm on my 7th: 5 Cold Kiwis and 2 Cold Ducks. And it's a blast every time. Now, it's even better because I get to cross paths with Kbers . i look forward to every single one of them! Damn, the next one is really far away

Quote Originally Posted by skelstar View Post
    0. Wanna tell us noobs what is good about these rallies Dangerous? Maybe what happens at them and all that?
    They are the most relaxed biking environment that can be...a chance to catch up with people you know, make new mates. There, you don't need to be bloody PC, you can make noise and be raucous if you feel like it, or you can find a quiet spot and just have a nice time observing other people more inebriated making twats of themselves...
    And of course, the ride there and back is the icing on the cake!

I think about 50-60, lost count (Too much to drink maybe?) but hey are they fun or what.

Side issue: How come the South Island crew post so much about the rallies down here but not a squeak from NoffIsland KBers?
    Fun???? Hell yeah!!!! Hope to do the Brass Monkey at some stage...

Quote Originally Posted by MyGSXF View Post
    My last count was 43 & that's all in 15 years!

Rallies are great.. I loooove rallies..

Tis a chance to catch up with familiar faces (some only seen on the rally circut), drink piss, dance till 3am, talk shyte, oggle over bikes, oh, & don't forget.. oggle leather clad arses to my hearts content (yep.. I'm an arse gurl! )
    Oh, I do so the way you think... I agree wholeheartedly
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Thread Information