Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1523

Thread: Depression...

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawk View Post
    Heres a question....whats the average time it takes to get over a biker thats no longer with us?
    Different for everyone I reckon.

For me it's been just over 20 years since a life changing event, 18 months of hell, got thru that part with one good friend. It never leaves you, just fades into the background with time.

Depression sets in when we try to deal with it on our own. A relaxed chat with a good friend, some scotch and a cigar on a quiet country evening can work wonders. But everyone has their own methods.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    depression is a nasty mistress, the more you feed her the bigger and stronger she gets.
    grief really is quite simple if you allow it to be, where there is life there is death and as harsh as that sounds it really is that simple.

we all lose someone close more than once in our lives and the more you dwell on it the worse it will be.
    don't bury it to deep but don't feed it out of control either.

remember, once you is dead you is dead which means that life is for the living.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Best thing iv'e done to beat depression is go for a ride on my motorcycle, a long ride lifted me out of a big rut and back to reality when my dad suddenly passed away, life goes on.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    depression is a nasty mistress, the more you feed her the bigger and stronger she gets.
    grief really is quite simple if you allow it to be, where there is life there is death and as harsh as that sounds it really is that simple.

we all lose someone close more than once in our lives and the more you dwell on it the worse it will be.
    don't bury it to deep but don't feed it out of control either.

remember, once you is dead you is dead which means that life is for the living.
    Death appears to be the only thing in life that we all get an equal amount of!

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawk View Post
    Heres a question....whats the average time it takes to get over a biker thats no longer with us?
    Whoa - tricky question...

The answer is that it depends on so many factors. Everything from your own personality/experience through to how involved you were with that person or the incident that led to their demise.

I’m 60 and started riding at 15 so in that time there have been a few fatalities. They don’t / didn’t upset me overly much if I could reason/figure out what happened. Worst was a good cunt that was riding in a column of bikes and a drunk coming the other way lost control – drove through the column and took him and his pillion out… WTF? However – as times gone by I get less wound up about these things.. I’ve actually had people die on me – seen the lights go out… Never lost a night’s sleep over it. It happens…

I enjoy every ride on my bike – maybe its actually the dance between life and death I enjoy?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Death appears to be the only thing in life that we all get an equal amount of!
    yup, pretty much, thats why i don't go to doctors, everyone that i know who has been to a doctor dies.

granstar has a good way of beating depression tho some of the stories coming out after inernational scotch day have me worried

Bike
    yup, pretty much, thats why i don't go to doctors, everyone that i know who has been to a doctor dies.

granstar has a good way of beating depression tho some of the stories coming out after inernational scotch day have me worried
    What happens on International Scotch Day....will never be remembered

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    What happens on International Scotch Day....will never be remembered
    ahhhh yes, i remember everything right up until the point that i remember nuthin, obviously tho it was not my fault, i was under pressure to keep up

Bike
    ahhhh yes, i remember everything right up until the point that i remember nuthin, obviously tho it was not my fault, i was under pressure to keep up
    True J.C kept whipping you, 354 days to ISWD 2018

Was good thing the wifeys were present, now they know how rough a time it is that we have when out drinkin, up to now they have thought we were just out having fun.

I had to tell the wifey today about depression, the bathroom light she keeps leaving on, told her "the switch needs some depressing".

Bike
    Sold

Didn't know anything about life prior to conception - turned out quite exciting and rewarding all things considered! . ()

Don't know anything much about death and beyond right now - might turn out even better - who knows? - I try to remain optimistic!

Reincarnation? - now there is a "scary" thought! - think I would like to pass completely on that one! .

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Are we that short of quality applicants that this is an issue?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/982...lice-applauded

Surely if your life is that bad that you need these dangerous drugs then should you really be trying to help other people?????
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    oh sorry that sounds bad.

Yep ok if you need these drugs to feel better and cope with bad stuff, but dangerous side affects are well known.
    I dont think we should let people with unresolved issues join the force.

I think ist just another tool to let the recruitment process gather the politicially correct pool of ethnic and life choice applicants....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    oh sorry that sounds bad.

Yep ok if you need these drugs to feel better and cope with bad stuff, but dangerous side affects are well known.
    I dont think we should let people with unresolved issues join the force.

I think ist just another tool to let the recruitment process gather the politicially correct pool of ethnic and life choice applicants....
    apparently two lots of red for successive posts isnt a thing "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to R650R again."

so, wanna go for the hat-trick

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylegs View Post
    apparently two lots of red for successive posts isnt a thing "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to R650R again."

so, wanna go for the hat-trick
    kinda think that with the shit that cops have to put up with it would be bad health and safety policy to recruit persons who have already demonstrated an inability to handle stress,
    and like it or lump it depression is a form of inability to handle stress, whether it is a mental disposition or a genetic disposition.

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    kinda think that with the shit that cops have to put up with it would be bad health and safety policy to recruit persons who have already demonstrated an inability to handle stress,
    and like it or lump it depression is a form of inability to handle stress, whether it is a mental disposition or a genetic disposition.
    Yeh, cept if theyre taking the meds, guess what, they likely handle stress just as well as you and me, or you...

Thread Information