Page 2 of 205 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunedin rides

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by FIZZERMAN View Post
    Im from down that way, and it pains me to say this, but my understanding, and experience with other dunedinite riders is that you should ALL, ride more!!!!!
    I couldn't believe how uneasy the riders, I encountered, appeared to be on their bikes!!!!
    Get out and ride your flash bikes, or buy a FUCKIN INTRUDER!!!!!!
    ???? I have riden 5000 odd k's in the last month... and I know others that have done more...

Bike
    2012 Victory Hammer & 1973 Triumph X75
    yeah, we are a reserved lot, down here and never BRAG!

Bike
    a blue one VN 900c
    Quote Originally Posted by botb View Post
    MMMmmm FREE2B dates are after hare??? o well yes i am keen with a bit of notice and a nice day i am up for rides for coffee's etc ..... could be keen to ride up to hare with you lot to if you'll let me lol.....
    Yay cool count your self in be great to have you along

Bike
    KTM 990 Adv, Gas Gas EC300,

Group riding DVD

I posted the group riding DVD to Free2B today so whoever wants it next PM her.

Any other takers for this Sunday morning joining our Passes riders for a while??

Found another interesting sealed sideroad to include on a future local ride - turn off to Goodwood just South of Palmerston. The turn off is at the south end of that long passing lane about 5km South from palmerston. The road apparently heads out to the coast to a nature reserve done up by one of the penguin trusts and then carries on and comes out by the garage in Palmerston.

Shall we make that the weekday ride on the 22nd Feb? - also include the other coastal roads on the way (probably about an hour each way without stops)

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by FIZZERMAN View Post
    Im from down that way, and it pains me to say this, but my understanding, and experience with other dunedinite riders is that you should ALL, ride more!!!!!
    I couldn't believe how uneasy the riders, I encountered, appeared to be on their bikes!!!!
    Get out and ride your flash bikes, or buy a FUCKIN INTRUDER!!!!!!
    Then all I can say is that you ride with the wrong people. Come and join a few of for the Chatto creek 1000, the Passes ride, the Southern Cross etc then make your comments.
    Time to ride

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruralman View Post
    I meant the 17-18th Feb - not March - for the weekend ride, and maybe 22nd Feb for the mid-week ride. How does that look.

OK lets say Sat the 17th Feb for a run to Lawrence - leave Dunedin 9am - I'll ride down to Milton and meet you there outside the Shell garage at 9:45 and then we head up to Lawrence for coffee and a natter.
    If the weather looks shite then we consider moving back to Sunday.
    I need to check the roster - I THINK I may be on nightshift (in which case i can still make it if I don't sleep!).

If on days it's a .

Will get back to ya.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by NighthawkNZ View Post
    ???? I have riden 5000 odd k's in the last month... and I know others that have done more...
    He must be talking about me - I've only done 3,210km in the same time.

(But a lot of that was two-up, can ya put that down as double the mileage in that case?)
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post

(But a lot of that was two-up, can ya put that down as double the mileage in that case?)
    So you have done 6420 km's kewl (wowzers... i can add ) still 3200 is a lot... i will admit that I normally only do around 2000

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    And I note that FIZZERMAN hasn't indicated any total mileage on http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/po...lts&pollid=734
    Time to ride

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post

Otematata, Glenorchy, Woodstock, Vincent etc. I'm not suprised!! I just took my bike in for its 2nd 6000km check in 8 weeks.
    Time to ride

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Otematata, Glenorchy, Woodstock, Vincent etc. I'm not suprised!! I just took my bike in for its 2nd 6000km check in 8 weeks.
    speaking of I have to take mine in for the 30,000 km service soon... bugger $$$

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by NighthawkNZ View Post
    speaking of I have to take mine in for the 30,000 km service soon... bugger $$$
    Ah yes, service, hmmm, must take my bike in for one at some stage, it's got modern stuff like indamacators and 'lectronic 'gnition and tubeless tyres.

All of which may need a tune-up or de-fragged or reset or greased or something.

And that means a ride to Dunners, a 'Dunedin Ride' I s'pose?

Bike
    KTM 990 Adv, Gas Gas EC300,
    I've only done a little over 10,000km in the last 9 months but I guess next weeks Passes ride and a few other trips will get me up to close to 15,000km for the year. Then of course theres all the dirt bike trips but I don't have a trip meter on that bike and anyway hours in the saddle matter more than km's when you're off road.

Anyway lets not get too off topic here guys - at least not before we get the first of these Dunedin rides under our belt!

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruralman View Post
    Anyway lets not get too off topic here guys - at least not before we get the first of these Dunedin rides under our belt!
    Sowey...

Bike
    a blue one VN 900c
    So is anybody else keen to go for the ride Sunday morning?? I am would be good if others did too then Id have someone to ride back with.

Thread Information