Page 1 of 205 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunedin rides

Bike
    KTM 990 Adv, Gas Gas EC300,

Dunedin rides

OK guys, theres a whole lot of newer KB members ,and a few who have been on here for quite a while, who are living either in or reasonably close to Dunedin.

Its about time we had a couple of low key social rides/get togethers, preferably before the March Hare so that we can maybe do a group ride up there if theres a few going.

From behind the scenes talk it sounds like we've got some members who would prefer a ride during school hours, and others who can't make that and would prefer either after work or weekends - so it looks like at least 2 rides and hopefully a few will be able to go on both (dirty job but someone has to do it!!)

For the weekday, school hours, ride how about Thurs 22nd March?? Who's a starter (we can sort out venues and trip later)

For the twilight or weekend ride how about something the weekend of the 17-18th - hit me with some suggested times and days and how far you want to go - I'll chuck in a suggestion; how about Latte's in Lawrence on either Sat or Sun morning

Bike
    1982 kawasaki ZK440
    I'm keen for the weekend ride, but the through the week run is out for me, working.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    If you guys come up this way sing out and i will put the jug on.........or open the bar............
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    I'll probably be in, and perhaps Mrs V as well. Work should be quieter by next month (famous last words), so we should be able to fit in with either weekday or weekend rides.
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    i'll be in for the weekend rides, my weeks are a bit too cluttered.
    www.southernrider.co.nz - come ride the southern roads with us

Bike
    a blue one VN 900c
    Good one ruralman Lawrence sounds like a good starter. Weekends are easy and weekdays ok with time to organise. So I could hopefully do both. A combined ride to the march hare good too. Lets hope the weather stays with us

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by FREE2B View Post
    A combined ride to the march hare good too.
    Speaking of the March Hare... group ride up would be kewl... hopefully 5 or 6 of us... Free2B, XKnuts, Phaedrus, Ruralman (If he can make it) Me and hopefully another friend. Meet somewhere in Dunedin ride to Oamaru meet 98tls then off to meet the north crew from Christchurch and then off to the site :-) (Pretty sure Scumdog said he can't make it to this one)

Now organising that is more difficult that it looks... looks good on paper.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...y=2007-3-2&c=0

Bike
    2012 Victory Hammer & 1973 Triumph X75
    A local day ride sounds good to me, Bruce. Kaka Point?, "Fleurs", Moeraki?, Lawrence?, Galvin Homestead?,

Bike
    a blue one VN 900c
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruralman View Post
    OK guys, theres a whole lot of newer KB members ,and a few who have been on here for quite a while, who are living either in or reasonably close to Dunedin.

Its about time we had a couple of low key social rides/get togethers, preferably before the March Hare so that we can maybe do a group ride up there if theres a few going.

From behind the scenes talk it sounds like we've got some members who would prefer a ride during school hours, and others who can't make that and would prefer either after work or weekends - so it looks like at least 2 rides and hopefully a few will be able to go on both (dirty job but someone has to do it!!)

For the weekday, school hours, ride how about Thurs 22nd March?? Who's a starter (we can sort out venues and trip later)

For the twilight or weekend ride how about something the weekend of the 17-18th - hit me with some suggested times and days and how far you want to go - I'll chuck in a suggestion; how about Latte's in Lawrence on either Sat or Sun morning
    If we wanna get together before the March Hare arent those dates going to be a bit late

Bike
    RIP MAGGIE LETS GO NIGHTSTER
    MMMmmm FREE2B dates are after hare??? o well yes i am keen with a bit of notice and a nice day i am up for rides for coffee's etc ..... could be keen to ride up to hare with you lot to if you'll let me lol.....

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by botb View Post
    MMMmmm FREE2B dates are after hare??? o well yes i am keen with a bit of notice and a nice day i am up for rides for coffee's etc ..... could be keen to ride up to hare with you lot to if you'll let me lol.....
    I am sure something can be arranged...

Bike
    KTM 990 Adv, Gas Gas EC300,
    Quote Originally Posted by FREE2B View Post
    If we wanna get together before the March Hare arent those dates going to be a bit late
    I meant the 17-18th Feb - not March - for the weekend ride, and maybe 22nd Feb for the mid-week ride. How does that look.

OK lets say Sat the 17th Feb for a run to Lawrence - leave Dunedin 9am - I'll ride down to Milton and meet you there outside the Shell garage at 9:45 and then we head up to Lawrence for coffee and a natter.
    If the weather looks shite then we consider moving back to Sunday.

I'm going to be away all next week on the Passes ride so you guys will have to sort the fine tuning and I'll catch up on Friday when I get home.

On that subject - the Passes ride leaves Dunedin on Sunday morning - we meet outside McIver and Veitch at 8:15am and leave at 8:30 (we've got about 700km to do so we won't be leaving any later than we have to). Are there any other riders keen to join us for the ride up towards Oamaru?? We don't start heading for the gravel tracks till after Oamaru so it won't matter what sort of bike you're on. Forecast looks OK for Sunday but it might be a bit early for some - who's interested? Would be great to see you so just turn up and don't be shy.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    On that subject - the Passes ride leaves Dunedin on Sunday morning - we meet outside McIver and Veitch at 8:15am and leave at 8:30 (we've got about 700km to do so we won't be leaving any later than we have to). Are there any other riders keen to join us for the ride up towards Oamaru?? We don't start heading for the gravel tracks till after Oamaru so it won't matter what sort of bike you're on. Forecast looks OK for Sunday but it might be a bit early for some - who's interested? Would be great to see you so just turn up and don't be shy.
    Im hoping to do this up to Oamaru, but I may have to put that on hold due to $$$ need a new tyre and WOF... hmmmmm

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    OK lets say Sat the 17th Feb for a run to Lawrence - leave Dunedin 9am - I'll ride down to Milton and meet you there outside the Shell garage at 9:45 and then we head up to Lawrence for coffee and a natter.
    If the weather looks shite then we consider moving back to Sunday.
    I have added this to my Events Calendar
    http://quantumillusions.com/calendar/month.php

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Im from down that way, and it pains me to say this, but my understanding, and experience with other dunedinite riders is that you should ALL, ride more!!!!!
    I couldn't believe how uneasy the riders, I encountered, appeared to be on their bikes!!!!
    Get out and ride your flash bikes, or buy a FUCKIN INTRUDER!!!!!!

Thread Information