View Poll Results: Is the FXR the best choice for me?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, go for it!

14 25.00%
  • Nah, it is too gutless/stupid

9 16.07%
  • Mabye, try it out first

25 44.64%
  • Shut up!

8 14.29%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Hey all, wondering what first bike to get...

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    no worries and if you have the time i could harp on about the brilliant qualitites of a zxr 250 for hours. Seriously though, handels great, got enough oomph (once beat a harley .......... bet he was surprised to find out it was a 250 hehehe) pretty good on gas. The only bad thing i have to say about them is that the bike wants you to ride it. Basically that means it litterally begs for revs and when cornering dips in. Depending on what tyres you have is the degree of this, for instance the tyres on mini_mi's zxr tip in quite quickly which means you can throw the bike around corners. If you need to know more ask 6chris6 me and him took our two zxr250's over the kopu's, he saw some of the stuff mine can do so ask.FF also knows how 250's ride cause he has been on many a ride with a young lad on a zxr 250. (me and andrew hahaha)

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    yeh it really depends if you have any riding skils first - if not one of those 125's that are built like a shit brick house is where you should start. No doubt you will get some terrible lesson from from someone saying...."OK, now pull in the clutch, change to neutral, slowly pull in the break.....***BANG***"....and there will be a bent footpeg and some paint on the ground. If you do that on someother bike - expect a repair bill for some fairings, indicators, mirrors...blah blah. If you have a little skills then the FXR is a good 1st bike. brilliant if your poor as these bike can sit on 150kmh (all day) and still get over 22ks/L. But please change the tyres - those carbon jobs that come standard are dangerous. Also the newer the bike the better - hense the 250 are prob gettn a little old for a 1st bike.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Arse Bandit
    Hmm, well, since the start of this thread, my riding skills (ha!) have inproved no end. I will probably be getting a nice Honda Hornet 250, with twin pipes (ahhh), or a 250 sports bike. I'm going to get some practice riding two strokes on Alarumba's KX, so I may even get an RG150 if I'm feeling adventurous. Of course, then there is the whole Two Stroke mechanical side of things that I am not looking forward to.

I know how to ride pretty well now, and I feel rather confident riding the ol' AG200, no sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    if you have a face afterwards well... that depends how you act...

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Quote Originally Posted by madcat_
    Hmm, well, since the start of this thread, my riding skills (ha!) have inproved no end. I will probably be getting a nice Honda Hornet 250, with twin pipes (ahhh), or a 250 sports bike. I'm going to get some practice riding two strokes on Alarumba's KX, so I may even get an RG150 if I'm feeling adventurous. Of course, then there is the whole Two Stroke mechanical side of things that I am not looking forward to.

I know how to ride pretty well now, and I feel rather confident riding the ol' AG200, no sweat.
    And now there is the CBR to test ride

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    And now there is the CBR to test ride
    Congrats. When do we get to see some pics of your new baby?
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Lemur
    Congrats. When do we get to see some pics of your new baby?
    As soon as I find a camera on the side of the road or a friend lends me one.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Hey

Welcome and enjoy
    and get a Fireblade ya woss
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Thread Information