Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moped rider?

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    WKID, sorry but I'm working at the Bollinger Womans Expo all weekend and so can't go down to play at Manfeild.

TTFN
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Feck will have to ride up solo - bugger....still ride back will be fun

Bike
    78 CBX 750 Outfit, Yamaha 1400 Custom
    it is a rather strange thing that at 600+ postings still posted as a really bad rider.

Great.

have to put up 1000s to make it to any thing decent and the question is can you be bothered - I think it is rather silly. Just ignore it.
    If you say either "I can" or "I can't" your correct.

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Mine is by choice - and is the sarcastic agreement with some less informed KB riders....who think I can't ride.....yet have never ridden with me

Is that better?

Bike
    OK - its up to you - SOmeone did say you could post your own but didnt know how to do it.

there was comment here yesterday from someone else as well.

seems to me if people are asking about it perhaps it should all be explained - or options explained on how to change it

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA
    It has been explained several times. And if you go into each member's profile it is fairly self explanitory as to how to set up/change. I could follow it so it MUST be easy.

Poor Spankme can't be expected to explain it every time someone new joins.
    uno patito dalle motociclette italiane

Bike
    perhaps not- but if it were on the site on an info page or similar then people could find it or be refered to it

Cannot explain when every new person joins - equally could be, can't be bothered, and if your not in the know we aint going to tell you.

Hardly a good thing when trying to encourage new people - or perhaps it is meant to be an elite little group

I hate eliteism - mine's bigger, better, cost more, faster, slower,newer, etc

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    I hate elitism, too. Thus I will keep my old F650 rather than buy a Morbidelli V8
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA
    That's a good idea, having an info page. I'm sure no one here wants the site to become elitist.

My comment about new people and explaining things each time was more a comment on impracticality (as someone seems to join almost everyday).

I have slowly figured things out for my self or asked, others always offer helping advice.

Perhaps you can or get one of the moderators to, do an info post. Most information is already posted somewhere. Or maybe start a post with questions so the moderators know what things need explaining.

I only learned how the names (Lplate etc) worked about a month ago. I noticed it change every now and then but didn't know why, so I'm slow.? That aviator thing was done for me as I didn't know how that worked either. So we're all in the same boat, or bike so to speak.
    uno patito dalle motociclette italiane

Bike
    CB1300
    An interesting and revealing list of posts!

How many times were the ranks explained followed a couple of posts later by another request for the same information.

This website is anything but elitist, you are however encouraged to think for yourself, and listen/read what other participants have to say before charging of down a track that has already been covered.

It can be awfully frustrating reading the same requests for information followed by the same answer 1/2 doz times in the same thread.

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    This is actually about three threads merged into one.

Bike
    CB1300
    Originally posted by SpankMe
    This is actually about three threads merged into one.
    Oh! My apologies to anyone who feels who thought I was calling them stupid.

The thought still stands though as a lot of times questions are posed in threads are answerd in the post directly above it.

Somewhat humbled by my own ignorance, Big Dog

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Things like custom user titles might seem anal, but they work. On my SV1000 site users can graduate from silver stars to gold ones under their name as well. Childish yes, but it made the posting jump after I set it up.

If ya unsure of how things work, there is always the FAQ and search functions. And if ya still can’t figure it out, then that’s what this forum is for. We also have several moderators to hassle by sending them PMs with your questions.

If you think there is a lot to lean on these forums, just wait until you see the new version.

Bike
    CB1300
    And just when I'm getting the hang of this one lol.

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    if anyone still can't figure out the calamari thing, send me a private message (button is at bottom of the post )and I'll explain. its really just my strange sense of humour so don't get too worried if it seems stupid (it is).

Thread Information