Thread: Flight of the Motorcycle Gumby part 3

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries

Flight of the Motorcycle Gumby part 3

You may remember my last couple of threads over the year

(Pt 2)
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ighlight=gumby

can’t seem to find pt 1, but was back in ’04.

Either way --- he’s still out there un-tethered

Excerpt from last thread:
    Parks near Plastic Box in the Hutt (XS650, plastic bag seat cover, Polstar ½ a face helmet, milk-bottle bottom glasses, no gloves, sits on the pillion seat with a demented look on his face.

Well now he has upgraded to photo chromatic glasses, but all else applies.

I’d love to post a pic but only ever see him once a year though his bike is often outside public trust bldg.

Who is this unmasked man? Is he a rising face in the Public Trust?

Then I started to wonder. Maybe he is a KB’r. Maybe a well known personality -incognito?

I think he is single handedly (if that is indeed a word) trying to destroy all the cool parts of motorcycling that made mothers refuse to let their daughters out with bikers but instead making the daughters un-keen in the first place.

Come one, reveal yourself. - Is this your nefarious plan?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Thread dredge.

Where do these gumbies find their helmets?!
    Certainly not in a motorcycle shop.
    Sunday last I was riding through the town of welling retracing old routes when I sidled up beside a scooter rider. Shoes, no gloves, trackie pants, a thin light green rain jacket and, I dunno, maybe it was a new style of horse riding helmet with a visor?

So he was at the lights picking his teeth nonchalantly with a toothpick. Guess it's a hipster thing. Rode off with that air of an acc claim in the near future. .

Gumby.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    For some reason this makes me think of a character I'd seen while touring in the SI around a decade ago. He was having an icecream outside a dairy mid-afternoon (nothing wrong with that btw), but the rest of it was gumbyness extraordinaire.

Milk bottle glasses. Track pants and sneakers. Nylon windcheater. Open face helmet that would've been a cheap POS even when new, which he hadn't bothered taking off for his dairy stop. General ambience of saving money on shampoo, soap and laundry.

150 cc scooter. Old, tired, faded plastic rusted metal chipped paint and from the late eighties scooter.

Luggage consisting of plastic supermarket bags tied on all over the scooter. There must've been at least ten stuffed-full bags hanging onto the thing. The bags were filled with cheap clothes etc. It looked like a rolling tip shop!

From memory this was somewhere in the vicinity of the Buller Gorge, so it was definitely open road touring... OK the man was living his dream but it was still the most uncool thing I've ever seen in biking.

Thread Information