Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meremere - Drag Wars

Bike
    B12
    Hopefully Kitty wasnt waiting for me at the autobahn, as she lost her phone only way of communication was via pm... and i only checked them this morning...
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Wasn't me officer, honest, it was that morcs guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Bike
    06 10 WITH ALL THE FANCY BITS
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    how'd this go last night?

was gonna rock on down, but sadly lacking the cash for fuel and a replacement tyre
    went pretty well eh, i had a ball got eliminated pretty quickly being first time and almost all the bikes being regulars with drag set up busas and zx14s... lol ouch. i think i got the best stock time of the night with a 10.861 i think, anyone confirm that??

one guy on a gsxr750 k6 was running 10.4 which is friggen decent. fastest bus there was a 10.1 consistent.

Bike
    Aprilia Tuono
    You did well Tris.

First night and you bowl up and run low 11's and thick end 10's.
    You're a natural!!!
    10.8 is flying. I think the fastest stock time was out of you and a stock Busa.

Puddy did well also. Consdering he weighs over 130kgs he ran an 11.2 on his Gixxer thou.

Bike
    numerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    How'd this go last night?

Was gonna rock on down, but sadly lacking the cash for fuel and a replacement tyre
    Another great night at the drags. There was a 134 entries this time which was only slightly down in numbers on the last meet. Not so many bikes this time entered but those who did were burning up some very impressive times!(not forgetting to mention that there were a few sexy guys amongs them) I was doing well in my ute until my third practice run when I got completely flustered, had to reverse back up to the tree to get the blue lights, left it in reverse gear by mistake, and when the green light came on I dropped the clutch forgetting that I was in reverse gear and shot backwards instead of forwards! Apparently there was a lot of laughter! Its nice that I can bring laughter to the world, tehee, but I did manage to beat all my times from the last meet so I was happy.
    Loopy is as Loopy does!

Bike
    [quote=barbender;960781]you did well tris.

10.8 is flying. i think the fastest stock time was out of you and a stock busa.
    /quote]

yeah i was wondeing about that busa, didn't see what he got, i noticed one that had its cans taken off.. rather funny your launches were really nice and consistent and that bike going past.. phoawr! my mates all loved the zx14s said they looked the bizzo (sure went the bizzo too). you're a big mutha so the times you are pulling are even harder to get, so big props to you dude! did you get much traction loss at the line? i noticed the gsxr750 guy was pretty much spinning it up the whole way off, i did that on my first run but too much spin was a lucky save hehehe...

first time i've ridden the bike 'in anger' from a stop, didn't know it could do that sorta speed in such little time... modern tech..

edit: loopy didn't see you there unfortunately, and i missed ya borked launch, what category was that you ran in? must have been getting food or something at that stage.

Bike
    Aprilia Tuono
    [quote=N4CR;961486]
    Quote Originally Posted by barbender View Post
    you did well tris.

/quote]

yeah i was wondeing about that busa, didn't see what he got, i noticed one that had its cans taken off.. rather funny your launches were really nice and consistent and that bike going past.. phoawr! my mates all loved the zx14s said they looked the bizzo (sure went the bizzo too). you're a big mutha so the times you are pulling are even harder to get, so big props to you dude! did you get much traction loss at the line? i noticed the gsxr750 guy was pretty much spinning it up the whole way off, i did that on my first run but too much spin was a lucky save hehehe...

first time i've ridden the bike 'in anger' from a stop, didn't know it could do that sorta speed in such little time... modern tech..

edit: loopy didn't see you there unfortunately, and i missed ya borked launch, what category was that you ran in? must have been getting food or something at that stage.

Nah I wasnt that fast mate. You blitzed me!!
    Id need bigger kahunas to drop the clutch in the red on my new bike - and even then - I'd use links and straps.

I think the fastest on the night was the blue 14. Ran a sub 10? in the warm ups. Awesome run. Consistently in the low 10s all night. The stock Bus had both cans off and I think from memory ran 10.8 also. Regardless -You're down 300cc on a Bus - so you did well.
    Dean Veale was the guy on the 750. Does all his talking on the strip. Broke the NZ record on his Bus a couple of weeks ago running a 8.8. I've been told that his best time on his Gixxer 750 is...get this...10.3!!
    Last edited by BarBender; 4th March 2007 at 17:47. Reason: Get my facts straight

Bike
    '01 VTR SP1, '92 NSR300, rm125,
    i might take the nsr down in few weeks, pull a 9 sec or so
    zzzzzZZZ

Bike
    dean veale was the guy on the 750. does all his talking on the strip. broke the nz record on his bus a couple of weeks ago running a 8.8. i've been told that his best time on his gixxer 750 is...get this...10.3!!
    interesting thing for me is that all these bikes have done much higher times on other tracks (possibly the surface ain't too good here), even journos who have never drag raced have got 10.2 and 10.1 on stock zx10's etc after a few runs and more pro riders 9.92 etc, considering the mods they have on the busas running there i'd expect them to be quicker if you get what i mean... i didn't touch my bike apart from dropping to 32psi in the rear for the last run where i almost looped the buggar at launch... hehehe. i should strap and tweak it next time like you mentioned, would be good fun!!!

i got a few slappers towards the line, it's quite bumpy esp right lane. one thing i noticed (which made me very suprised) was that even though busa's were beating me, i was still getting a higher top speed and gaining on them after launch. first run 11.15 vs busa with 10.7. i was doing 220 he was doing 214 i think... 10r vs busa.. wtf eh. you guys on the big bikes can launch so much better than me with the longer wheelbase/weight advantage. i wish i could do a longer run with them.. might even catch them till they got their top end aero advantage out on me and slipped off.. anyone with a busa want to have a try sometime??

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane_r View Post
    12.9 or something you mean? rs250 98 does a 12.2 from memory. a cbr400rr got mid to high 13's that was there, good effort, but all the cage guys cheered when a car bet it. i informed them that it was 400cc and 17 years old, they shut up pretty quickly....

Bike
    Aprilia Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by N4CR View Post
    interesting thing for me is that all these bikes have done much higher times on other tracks (possibly the surface ain't too good here), even journos who have never drag raced have got 10.2 and 10.1 on stock zx10's etc after a few runs and more pro riders 9.92 etc, considering the mods they have on the busas running there i'd expect them to be quicker if you get what i mean... ....
    Yeah mate. The surface wasnt the best on Friday- so as you say the bikes could have gone alot faster. Because of the torque and track condition all of the 14s and Bus's had rear wheel spin. I for one wasnt tied down so had the rear spinning pretty much the whole run...and when it did grab...the front wanted to come up. Either way I was farked....(and shitting myself...esp on the new bike).

i didn't touch my bike apart from dropping to 32psi in the rear for the last run where i almost looped the buggar at launch... hehehe. i should strap and tweak it next time like you mentioned, would be good fun!!!....
    I think you'll notice a hell of a difference.

i got a few slappers towards the line, it's quite bumpy esp right lane. one thing i noticed (which made me very suprised) was that even though busa's were beating me, i was still getting a higher top speed and gaining on them after launch. first run 11.15 vs busa with 10.7. i was doing 220 he was doing 214 i think... 10r vs busa.. wtf eh. ....
    I saw that run. Yeah the right side of the right lane is bumpy about half way up the track. Paul would have won the race in the first first 60ft which is where his Bus would have had the advantage of torque and leverage. Your rice burner would have just flown once it got traction.

you guys on the big bikes can launch so much better than me with the longer wheelbase/weight advantage. i wish i could do a longer run with them.. might even catch them till they got their top end aero advantage out on me and slipped off.. anyone with a busa want to have a try sometime??....
    You and Callum have the same issues. Maybe you should both talk to Dean Veale. He doesnt have any probs keeping the front end down launching his 750 off the limiter

Bike
    '01 VTR SP1, '92 NSR300, rm125,
    wat!!! i know i was joking about the 9 sec, thing wow, 12 sec is extreme u sure about that?
    zzzzzZZZ

Bike
    numerous
    [QUOTE=N4CR;961486]
    you did well tris.

/quote]

Hey NC4R, I was entered in the womens division class, me and a few of the other lady racers are trying to build up the class in numbers but unfortunately there were only 4 of us in our class this time, where as at the last meet there were 8 of us. My BACKWARDS LAUNCH happened during practicing and it was my 3rd run which was my last practice. (I was in a blue falcon ute by the way) Greeat night tho!
    Loopy is as Loopy does!

Bike
    numerous

Thumbs up next meet 23rd march

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane_r View Post
    Oh yeah boys ( and girls) the next night drag wars is on friday 23rd march(ooh dats exactly one week before my birthday, tehee and I tinks it is the last meet for the season. See website www.dragwars.co.nz for more details.
    Loopy is as Loopy does!

Bike
    Aprilia Tuono
    [quote=Loopy;961630]
    My BACKWARDS LAUNCH happened during practicing and it was my 3rd run which was my last practice. (I was in a blue falcon ute by the way) Greeat night tho!
    I saw that.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    oh yeah boys ( and girls) the next night drag wars is on friday 23rd march(ooh dats exactly one week before my birthday, tehee
    and exactly a month after mine... rofl.

i'll probably be there again, loved it and had a real buzz even only 4 runs... awesome fun! i'll do dyo probably so i don't get **** kicked by all the drag bikes out there...

Bike
    numerous
    [QUOTE=BarBender;961663]
    Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post

I saw that.
    yeh you and everybody else saw it darlin'! I suspect you and certain other people had a good giggle tho. I was told by one of the officials Trev whos a lovely guy that they hadnt seen that type of launching happen at Meremere for a long time..suppose that kinda makes my backward lauch special. teehee!
    Loopy is as Loopy does!

Thread Information