Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki track days 2007

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Sorry, we don't offer sessions for pillions. Are you sure you can't ride his bike?
    Stink!

I got plenty of confidence to ride a bigger bike, but a 1000 may be a bit of a stretch...I've only been officially on the road on my 250 for about 7 months.

I guess I'll just have to wave as you all go past
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

weather looks good for tomorrow, be it a little cold, so remember boys and girls wrap up warm.

Bike
    .......?
    Quote Originally Posted by 007XX View Post
    I got plenty of confidence to ride a bigger bike, but a 1000 may be a bit of a stretch
    You can always go out in the novice session. We can send somebody out to follow behind and keep an eye on you if you prefer.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    You can always go out in the novice session. We can send somebody out to follow behind and keep an eye on you if you prefer.
    The temptation is great Obby One!

Gonna have to convince Hubby now...Oh dear!
    Time to cut out the "holier/more enlightened than thou" bullshit and the "slut" comments and let people live honestly how they like providing they're not harming themselves or others in the process.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Four
    Rightyo..Update is hubby will let me ride his SV beasty!

I's giddy with anticipation and getting moist palms just thinking about it!

Will definitely need babysitting though...Pray tell who should I speak to on the day?

Bike
    .......?

Will definitely need babysitting though...Pray tell who should I speak to on the day?
    You can enter at sign on if you like. Just remember to bring a cheque or cash to the value of $50. Then have fun.

Speak to Todd or myself for some babysitting.

See you there.

Bike
    SUZUKI road & Kawasaki race bike

yay! good on your for giving it a go.....
    i did the exact same, i rode a FXR150 to pukekohe, then went out on Bruce's weapon of a GSXR1000 (race tricked too ) i had only been riding for 4 or 5 months but Bruce followed me round on Daryl's bike.... got me hooked on the track and racing! Please listen to the pointers and what ever you do, dont look back, ride your own line and take the mirrors off or tape them up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st race pic.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	63222  
    Taking it to the track thanks to: KIWIBIKE INSURANCE & PIRELLI TYRES, EXPERIENCE MOTORCYCLES, EBC Brakes, SUPERSPROX Sprockets, TSUBAKI Chains, RST Leathers, REPSOL Oils, FutureGrafix, Autolink

Bike
    SV400
    Cheers Chris and the guys at KIWIRIDER plus SUZUKI NZ. Very cold day but dry as. Had a great day, atmosphere was awesome and only saw a couple of minor lowsides all day. Very professionally run day with everything running like clockwork. Didn't bother riding in my last session as I'd had ample tracktime.

Considering how cold the track surface was I still felt reasonably confident with the level of grip. Those patched repairs to the track are very off putting from a pyschological point and the consensus I got was that they didn't offer the same level of grip as the original track surface.

Bike
    SV400
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksta View Post
    yay! good on your for giving it a go.....
    i did the exact same, i rode a FXR150 to pukekohe, then went out on Bruce's weapon of a GSXR1000 (race tricked too ) i had only been riding for 4 or 5 months but Bruce followed me round on Daryl's bike.... got me hooked on the track and racing! Please listen to the pointers and what ever you do, dont look back, ride your own line and take the mirrors off or tape them up!
    Great for you to have a picture of that day Nicky. Must bring back all sorts of Memorys. I wasn't there and have never ridden on Puke but seeing that picture the only thing in it that isn't instantly recognisable is the rider of the Gixxer 1000.

Bike
    2009 DRZ400e
    Totally agree with Garry H... awesome day, well run and SO much fun

Thanks to all who helped run/organize/marshal etc... wouldn't of been able to be there if it wasn't for you who bared the freezing wind

Big ups to Goblin for gettin back on the track It was great seein you out there again

Lookin forward to the next one

Jas

Bike
    2009 DRZ400e
    If ya want to read it my trackday report is here:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...95#post1090295

Bike
    '07 RSVR1000
    My photos from the day are here.
    They're all Cajun and me.

Bike
    .......?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry H View Post
    Cheers Chris and the guys at KIWIRIDER plus SUZUKI NZ. Very cold day but dry as. Had a great day, atmosphere was awesome and only saw a couple of minor lowsides all day. Very professionally run day with everything running like clockwork. Didn't bother riding in my last session as I'd had ample tracktime.

Considering how cold the track surface was I still felt reasonably confident with the level of grip. Those patched repairs to the track are very off putting from a pyschological point and the consensus I got was that they didn't offer the same level of grip as the original track surface.
    Thanks for that, we're happy that you're happy. Great turn out and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Although we all work at Kiwi Rider the Suzuki track days are run by TrackFun (which is an events company owned and run by ourselves and is not part of Kiwi Rider) on behalf of Suzuki.

There's two days left now, 27th October at Manfeild and 9th December at Taupo. Anyone signing up for both will pay the bargain price of $75. For entry forms, e-mail chris@kiwirider.co.nz or call 09 416 5307 and ask for Chris or Julie.

Bike
    GSX-R600K3

Thanks

What an awesome day - good turn out despite being a little chilly. I had lots of fun and managed to stick with my moto "This side up".

Thanks to Suzuki NZ and KiwiRider/Track Fun for putting on the day. Not only was the day well run but you guys got the weather right as well.

Looking forward to the next one.
    Life is difficult because it is non-linear.

Bike
    I just lost count

Thanks to Chris and Team

Just a quick note to say thanks to you and your team Chris for a well run day on Saturday.

Chris I noticed that there were a number of photograhers around the track at different times, will these phots be avaliable for us to view and/or purchase?

For the record Qkkid was in my bed, not the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Pumba is a wise man.

Thread Information