Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draggin jeans??

Bike
    1989 CBR250R

Draggin jeans??

At the moment i am cruzing around in dragon jeans and leather jacket are the jeans any good i see some good pic of nasty crashes will my jeans be enuf?

Bike
    Honda CX500 "Shithawk"
    Someone experienced on KB said Draggins are better than Cordura / Textile pants, but worse than Leather. Kevlar is incredible stuff. Have you got the armour inserts in them to protect your knees etc from impact?
    Determined to kill my bike before it kills me

Bike
    Nah mate, if you crash in draggins you'll probably die. If you crash in single stiched leather you'll probably die, if you crash wearing cordura instead of leather you'll definitely die.

If you don't crash, you'll be sweet

Bike
    None any more
    For slides and scuffs, Draggins are OK. I have road-tested them twice with little ill effect on the Draggins. Just note that they don't have standard armour and that the ground is incredibly hard and unyielding.

That said, I wear mine all the time in summer. Delightfully more pleasant than oozing bodily fluids into hot and clammy Cordura.

And I don't buy the leather versus Cordura thing either. The object of the exercise with motorcycle clothing is to keep your skin on your carcass. Broken bones can be set. Abraded skin requires grafting to replace and exposes your body to risks of secondary infection. Well fitted Draggins (or similar kevlar-lined jeans), Cordura or leather all do this job well. While leather has good scuff and tear resistence, its neither waterproof nor warm. I only wear leather "between seasons" and then put wets over the top when necessary. Cordura and its various linings (like GoreTex) offer vastly superior weather protection and cool climate comfort to leather.

In the end it's all a matter of personal choice. Just like the decision to ride wearing only singlet, shorts and chandels.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    In the end it's all a matter of personal choice. Just like the decision to ride wearing only singlet, shorts and chandels.
    Please enlighten us... WTF?

Bike
    None any more
    South Auckland thongs.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Nah mate, if you crash in draggins you'll probably die. If you crash in single stiched leather you'll probably die, if you crash wearing cordura instead of leather you'll definitely die.

If you don't crash, you'll be sweet
    Weasel hath spoken... amen.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Minor off wearing Draggins and not mark on me. Impact hurt like hell though, but like Hitcher I wear them in Summer in preference to Leather, but to be honest if I really must crash then Leather is what I'd rather be wearing.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    DL650
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    South Auckland thongs.
    I will fasi you wif my chandal!
    Go on, click on the pic for larger version!

Bike
    2022 Triumph Speed Twin 900
    The ground is incredibly hard and much more so at any speed. If you are sliding any distance, you want to have leather. If you are hitting the ground, no matter what you are wearing, you need to have armour or your bones will get a good crunching.

I've been down the road hard at 100kmh or so and it hurt like hell but never got skinned or grazed anywhere in my two peice zip together leathers. Broke my ankle and strained the tendons in my left wrist but man it would have been bad in anything else. The leather suit is still ok to ride in and if it's cold or wet, you just thow a set of waterproofs over the top.

Just remember that anything is better than just jeans etc. You lose 5mm of skin and muscle for every second you slide unprotected. Some parts of the bod don't have 5mm of skin and muscle so you end up filing bone. Get the best you can afford.
    If the destination is more important than the journey you aint a biker.

Sci-Fi and Non-Fiction Author
    http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/pcfris

Bike
    the one and only Gixer 1000
    i have condura and leather , but wear my leathers 99 % , as what beyond said, leather is by far the strongest, condura is like wet paper compared to leather

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800
    What Hitcher said.
    I wear mine all summer.
    Experience......something you get just after you needed it

Bike
    Corona GSXR 600
    Oh and you look waaay better in racing leathers and almost as good in draggins but you just look plain stupid in textiles like me with a leather jacket.

Bike
    I prefer wearing leathers but on those days that are just too bloody hot or a short ride I'll jump into the draggins.
    I understand they're better the than normal jeans cause I know they are farken usless
    When I picked the draggins up the guy warned me that they're not as good as leathers but they're likely to keep the skin on but watch out for burns if you come off.

Bike
    DRZ400
    I also have some Technic kevlar jeans which I believe are a good alternative to Draggins. They only cost $140 and are kevlar lined on the knees and butt

Thread Information