Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mpg gsx600f

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Yea 90S, my 1100 avgd about 45mpg or 16.5km/lt. However, if DDs tank takes $17 to fill (petrol is similar price now) then how come capacity is claimed at 20lt? And 185km/tank is seriously off.
    Agree - no idea why DD is getting these figs. Update DD?
    As with megage0ff above though wonder about general tuning of bike. As in my first post in this thread, I was getting only about 30mpg before Ricky at Haldane's gave the carbs a thorough going over, dropped the needles and checked the airfilter etc. Now its 50mph and more power.

Imagine above would explain it but you never know if previous owners have advanced the timing or messed with other things to "improve" performance ...
    Motorcycle songlist:
    Best blast soundtrack:Born to be wild (Steppenwolf)
    Best sunny ride: Runnin' down a dream (Tom Petty)
    Don't want to hear ...: Slip, slidin' away, Caught by the Fuzz or Bam Thwok!(Paul Simon/Supergrass/The Pixies)

Bike
    Suzuki SV650S K8
    Thanks for that. Guess ill have to get it checked out and pray it doesn't cost a small fortune to correct.

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    if DDs tank takes $17 to fill then how come capacity is claimed at 20lt?
    Sorry, forgot to answer this bit:

I would guess fill without reserve (15l main tank, so fill about 13l as this seems about empty) and petrol was cheaper at start of this thread therefore 13l x $1.30 = $17).

I'll PM the great man himself to see if this is about right ... or not.
    Motorcycle songlist:
    Don't want to hear ...: Slip, slidin' away, Caught by the Fuzz or Bam Thwok!(Paul Simon/Supergrass/The Pixies)

Bike
    Ducati 944
    Quote Originally Posted by megageoff76 View Post
    Thanks for that. Guess ill have to get it checked out and pray it doesn't cost a small fortune to correct.
    Geeting carbs checked and compression test is not cheap, but can be worth it.
    Only word of caution is that this thread is figs. based on GSX-Fs and maybe your figs aren't bad for your bike? I'd do a little online research first.
    Motorcycle songlist:

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by 90s View Post
    Agree - no idea why DD is getting these figs. Update DD?
    As with megage0ff above though wonder about general tuning of bike. As in my first post in this thread, I was getting only about 30mpg before Ricky at Haldane's gave the carbs a thorough going over, dropped the needles and checked the airfilter etc. Now its 50mph and more power.

Imagine above would explain it but you never know if previous owners have advanced the timing or messed with other things to "improve" performance ...
    MPG on mine is still the same. After having oil changes and plug changes, including HT leads etc it has not changed.

Only thing now, is that it takes closer to $20 to fill! (not including reserve)
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    1981 Yamaha XS650SH chop
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dan View Post
    MPG on mine is still the same. After having oil changes and plug changes, including HT leads etc it has not changed.
    As mentioned previously; timing, carb balancing and tuning are the way to go. On the bright side you will be getting a better spark so it should be easier to start. Your engine will thank you for the new oil and will last longer.

Bike
    '06 GSX 600F Katana
    My bike is getting worse the closer it gets to service time, second service coming up in 800k's so hopefully it will improve afterwards.

The temperature can have something to do with it as well
    We childproofed our homes, but they are still getting in.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Up to 55mpg from the 1450cc two-up and with touring gear, will drop down to 50+mpg with a bit of hill work and/or head-winds.

1200cc seemed to do 55mpg to just under 60mpg under same conditions.

Don't do much town running so have no idea about that side of things.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Thread Information