Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1200 sportster pinking

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    I disagree there is that much information out there about big V-Twins (ie Harleys) that these motors probably have the most support and backup available because of the interest and dedication of wanabes and real enthusistic followers. You get the right advice and your do it right first time. That is the problem with Harley's who do you listen to.
    Yeah - my bad, never thought it was a late model one that you could download shit for an engine management system to get around basic physics.. All I have is 35 years experience with manual systems and non HD big twins so wtf would I know about EFI etc etc... (no seriously)

I'm the engine management system on my bikes and I'm happier that way...... I'll crawl back into my shed

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by machine head View Post
    Thanks for all the info.
    Took bike to dealer they downloaded the latest ecm program (didn't know it even had one!) and all good!
    Glad it's all sorted!

That is the problem with Harley's who do you listen to.
    Us....the people that sold it to him!

We test ride all of the bikes well sell, but you can't always pre-empt how people are going to ride/use them. When we hear there's an 'issue', we'll always do our best to sort it!

Pete (WMCC)

Bike
    big shiney pommy thing

Wellington Motorcycle Service

Thought i would also throw in a quick plug for WMCC took care of the issue fast,professionally,and a top bunch of guys to deal with.
    So if your in the market for a bike go see Pete (do i get a backhander for this??)

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Thought i would also throw in a quick plug for WMCC took care of the issue fast,professionally,and a top bunch of guys to deal with.
    So if your in the market for a bike go see Pete (do i get a backhander for this??)
    Hope you realise that once they have plugged their PC into it they will know where you are, what you are doing and how much money you have left which won't be much because they will be sending spam mail to you bike filling it's mind with strange desires for loud pipes and tassels... It's an internation plot man...

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    No doubt you got a good deal, but my original comments were aimed at the idea that bike's were a DIY style of transport, now days its getting (espescially with Fuel injection) that you can't DIY anymore. I also acknowledge that they're a dam sight more reliable nowdays. People jokingly rubbish Harley's but they are up there with the reliability as any Jappa, but there is nothing to maintain really yet people still take them into the dealers for servicing at the required intervals. The HOG image captures the DIY type of guy but they probably only know what the Brochure tells them technically.No one has picked on my grammar and there seems to be less crickets

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    No doubt you got a good deal, but my original comments were aimed at the idea that bike's were a DIY style of transport, now days its getting (espescially with Fuel injection) that you can't DIY anymore. I also acknowledge that they're a dam sight more reliable nowdays. People jokingly rubbish Harley's but they are up there with the reliability as any Jappa, but there is nothing to maintain really yet people still take them into the dealers for servicing at the required intervals. The HOG image captures the DIY type of guy but they probably only know what the Brochure tells them technically.No one has picked on my grammar and there seems to be less crickets
    Mixed quantities. There seem to be .. crickets; or There seems to be a (single) cricket

And less is used of quantity , fewer of number.

There seem to be fewer crickets.

Just thought you'd like to know. This public service message brought to you by BOTTYNZ, the original grammar nazis, and still the best. Ask for BOTTY by name, we give green stamps (unlike a certain unnamed inferior competitor)
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Mixed quantities. There seem to be .. crickets; or There seems to be a (single) cricket

And less is used of quantity , fewer of number.

There seem to be fewer crickets.

Just thought you'd like to know. This public service message brought to you by BOTTYNZ, the original grammar nazis, and still the best. Ask for BOTTY by name, we give green stamps (unlike a certain unnamed inferior competitor)
    Just stop the feeeeeeeerkiiiin crickets will ya, pleeeeeaaaaase.they are makin more noise than the V-TWINS racing past the "little house on the prairie"

Bike
    Various things
    If anyone you send in to see me mentions your name and buys a Harley from me yes....$250.00 per bike!

Bike
    Various things
    Oh sorry.....thanks!

Thread Information