Thread: Rocket 3

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO

Rocket 3

Well went & checked out the Rocket 3 at shop today . I as well as everyone there where impressed it's just that Kool ! Willout-accelerate a Hayabusa off the mark in covering 0-50kph in 1 second . 0-100kph in 2.8 faster than a R1 .Twice as fast as a VXT1800 Honda . Produces more Torque at idle than a ZX10R does at 9500 rpm. Waves good bye to a CBR1100 from 0-160 in 7.2 sec while pulling 1.2 G in the process , With a passenger!! Now that's some good shit for a so called Cruiser , plus the 240/50/ back tyre look's as sweet as it get's 10/10 for Triumph Sensei NP

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    02 Piaggio X9 250
    ogle away!

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    I notice how none of those stats compare the T3 with any of those bikes cornering? May be fast in a straight line - but I would hazard a guess - any of the bikes you compared it to would shit all over it point to point

Bike
    Guzzi
    Yep she's one bitch of a beast.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Would you all stop posting awesome pics of Rockets- its torture to those of us who want one but know we can't get one even if we had the cash.
    From the reviews it sounds like Rockets corner and brake better than most cruisers. What more can we ask from a cruiser. Just hope the lucky new owners don't get caught out by that acceleration. Its all very nice to rip ahead of a sports bike only to crash because you reached the next corner in 1.6 secs at a speed NO bike could make the bend!
    As a second bike I can't think of anything else I want more. And I still haven't seen one in the metal.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Yer, it would thrash most for our asses down the Puke's back straight (even with the head start most of us would have on it coming out of Castrol). But he'd have to brake so early to make it around the Hairpin that TS's little two smoker would have him before even exiting it

Still cooler than any HD, and would be a hell ride a Meremere
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Tyer shredder extaordinaire, I should think ($$)
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    notice how they only do 0-160 times?????? because the drag after that is so immense that the rider can't hold on....... Still fucking quick and impressive..... but not for me, too big and heavy.....
    See Robert Taylor for any Ohlins requirements www.northwest.co.nz
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC
    I use DID Chains and Akrapovic Exhausts

Bike
    02 Piaggio X9 250
    Actually it is only beats sports bikes off the mark because it can acclerate harder at lower speeds without wheeling.

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren
    Actually it is only beats sports bikes off the mark because it can acclerate harder at lower speeds without wheeling.
    I agree, the CBR1100XX also has times for 0-100 ranging from 2.4 seconds to 2.8 seconds..

0-150 in 4.7 seconds and 4.8 seconds..... so roughly the same (depending how well you can launch it.....)

But still BLOODY FAST!!!!!!
    See Robert Taylor for any Ohlins requirements www.northwest.co.nz
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC
    I use DID Chains and Akrapovic Exhausts

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Strapped and lowered I would hazard a guess that most of the 04 sports bikes would come close to beating the T3's time. Thing is, with the T3 you could just whack the throttle open - try that on the R1 et al and all you will get is a nice pic of the rider looping the bike

Go to this site: http://www.triumph.co.uk/site/bikes/....cfm?BikeID=83

T3 only has 140bhp!!! and weighs 320kg - I don't see it beating many bikes with those figures!! I don't see the acceleration figures below matching the stats provided here???

Torque accounts for a lot - however for the size of the engine and weight of the bike - 140-142hp is fuck all.......also - it is Triumph claiming the 0-100kph time of 2.8secs....and when has a manu ever been anything but liberal with these figures.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Quote Originally Posted by wkid_one
    Torque accounts for a lot - ...
    Well, that says it all - 145 ft/lb is a good wallop!
    and really understressed - so the engines should last and have mucho potential for tuning - 230hp+ anyone?
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    u wonder what the redline on that thing is. .... well I wonder

Thread Information