Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What do people think of an Aprilia RS250???

Bike
    gpx 250 WITH FLAMES lol
    p.s

im not fat!!! lol

Bike
    Just big boned....

*poke!*

Bike
    RF900
    OK then just don't crash it. I want one someday and the're already hard enough to find in good condition.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by 2strokegirl View Post
    p.s

im not fat!!! lol
    Where's the photographic evidence ?

Oh, and take your time learning the wee beastie. They are great fun but they can certainly bite you.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    08 Street Triple (black)
    ok ok imagine those stuck up little blond snobby highschool girls who get everything they want... now switch the stuck up blond part with everything compleatly opposite... and u get me.
    you didnt answer the question...... so you're a brunette highschool girl who gets everything she wants?

P.s good luck with the future bike purchase

Bike
    gpx 250 WITH FLAMES lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoro View Post
    you didnt answer the question...... so you're a brunette highschool girl who gets everything she wants?

P.s good luck with the future bike purchase
    these smileys sum me up black hair highschool girl most of the time i get what i want... not fat dont think im jesus ummm. anything i misd??

i would put a photo up but i dont no how.

Bike
    ZZR400
    Wheres the rush? At your age you have years of riding to move onto faster bikes. Keep the XV for now and learn how to ride it to its limit, then move to something faster. You will most likley find that you will be a better rider in the end.
    And personally I prefer the challenge of putting a 'slower' machine through its paces, its much more satisfying at the end of the day.

Bike
    I want a motard

Can't damage it, and jumps over speed bumps aint good for the NSR!

Bike
    1983 Ducati Darmah 2003 Ducati SS 1000ds

Go for it

well im not exactly a grandma rider but then again im not a raving lunitic. mainly i will be using this bike to travell. some times around town but mainly traveling. as i said before i grew up on dirt bikes but this will be my first "sport" bike. i believe if i take it slow and get the feel of the bike before ringing it out i should be fine ... hopefully.
    heaps for sale at auction in japan.been talking with a guy over there who has a contact that can bring bikes back to nz in the back of a van.alot easyer and cheaper than having to buy a container load. i would love to try an RS throughs the bluffs where i live.my only addvice would be to wear top saftey gear. good luck and have fun.

Bike
    gpx 250 WITH FLAMES lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    Wheres the rush? At your age you have years of riding to move onto faster bikes. Keep the XV for now and learn how to ride it to its limit, then move to something faster. You will most likley find that you will be a better rider in the end.
    And personally I prefer the challenge of putting a 'slower' machine through its paces, its much more satisfying at the end of the day.
    first of all i can already ride the xv to its limits as i said to my dad i no every sound that bike makes and at what speed it should be making those sounds i no exactly how to throw it in to corners and even how to ride it backwards and pull the fingers to the cars behind me. almost every corner i go around the pegs scrape. my problem with it is that it is to slow . and i dont want to go around a corner and hit a bump or anything and get flicked off. that is my main reason as to why i want a sport bike.

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    hmmm ok might as well add my 2c worth.

We did up and sold a 2000 rs250 and during the course of the fixing I got to ride it a for a week or so and gave it some serious blattage. And here are my thoughts...

It has some serious go, but it all happens around the 8k rev mark and so you have about 4000 revs to play with. When the power kicks in it does it very fast so you really gotta watch the highside action.
    If you are going to do some serious riding on it first thing to buy is a steering damper. These things are sooo light (plastic tank and all) that when chasing some of the guys over the hanua's there were some major tank slapper moments..

In saying that though they handel beauuuutifully just sit in and go round the corners (put some decent rubber on though). There is no engine braking (freaked me out the first time) so you can go into corners really fast and be really late on the brakes, which by the way are the most fantastic brakes I've ridden with. This also means that there is far more control going into corners because all the stopping power is controlled through your brakes. (they do mint stoppies to).

So all in all although I love the power of the bigger bikes that little rs was one of the most exciting bikes i've ridden.
    Lump lingered last in line for brains,
    And the ones she got were sort of rotten and insane...

Bike
    ZZR400
    first of all i can already ride the xv to its limits as i said to my dad i no every sound that bike makes and at what speed it should be making those sounds i no exactly how to throw it in to corners and even how to ride it backwards and pull the fingers to the cars behind me. almost every corner i go around the pegs scrape. my problem with it is that it is to slow . and i dont want to go around a corner and hit a bump or anything and get flicked off. that is my main reason as to why i want a sport bike.
    You must be pretty good then, Ive had the same cage for 3 years, done over 45,000Kms in it and I dont know every sound it makes or what speeds it should make them at or exactly how to throw it round corners. And yet I do know that if you are taking it past 200km/h for long periods of time on the track, while running standard bearings and standard weight oil in the gearbox, you WILL destroy it.....

Im not trying to be mean and nasty, Im saying dont over rate yourself, I already know too many people killed that way.

Bike
    gpx 250 WITH FLAMES lol
    im not trying to overrate myself as i no becoming to cockey can cause some serious damage but i no that i can ride the xv.

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    im not trying to overrate myself as i no becoming to cockey can cause some serious damage but i no that i can ride the xv.
    the xv and the rs are two totally different bikes. it'll be like comparing the xv to a tricycle

I ride at a ummmm decent pace on the 600 and faster still on the 750 I have now , but the rs is a scarey bike to ride if you are starting to give it some. It'll keep up with the bigger boys in the corners but don't underestimate the bike or overestimate yourself.

Once you get the hang of it though people won't believe you're keeping up to them on a 250
    Lump lingered last in line for brains,
    And the ones she got were sort of rotten and insane...

Bike
    2005 rsvr mille
    aprilias frigging rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk and then some,oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah.amen

Thread Information