Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What do people think of an Aprilia RS250???

Bike
    zxr400 sp
    Quote Originally Posted by cjade1 View Post
    I knew that these cunts would put you off,
    correct me if Im wrong but i think the 600f, is a detuned gsxr engine
    would be a strong solid reliable bike, sporty enough for you though ?
    Yes Klown I have crashed in the past, a good point - im a different rider these days
    not hasslen ya, I'm sure you've learnt by your mistakes. I haven't read any "I've crashed" threads since your last one. I just KNOW at 16 if i had an rs aprilla I would not be 25 now.

2sg
    i have heard the 600f is a great bike, reliable, quick good for touring and 2 up. still a 600 though and its a 400 dollar fine for riding outside your license conditions (I assume you have your learners). Not that i'm one to talk.
    From American dad :
    American dads dad: Breaking into a safe is like making love to a woman

American dad: So you just pound on it for two minutes until your done?

Bike
    1983 Ducati Darmah 2003 Ducati SS 1000ds

Bloody woman

Quote Originally Posted by 2strokegirl View Post
    lol il be 17 in just over a month or so. im not a spastic rider i have never fallen off on the road. i think iv gone off the aprilia now aye. having to rebuild them etc etc. i just want a bike i can ride and ride some more and not have to wory about it.

so now i shall pose this question... gsr600f k6 ??? what do yall think of those??

all i no about them is that their a suzuki 600cc umm good for touring aparently. thats about it.
    Allways changing ya mind.

Bike
    Tojo and nothing. Damnit.
    so now i shall pose this question... gsr600f k6 ??? what do yall think of those??
    Bleh, no.

Horribly uncomfortable, but good value: The Honda CBR600RR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004-hon-cbr600rr-01-2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	56599  

Bike
    04 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by limbimtimwim View Post
    The Honda CBR600RR
    It says honda on it

You could always get a second hand gsxr750 ... itll be cheaper than a rs250

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    how much you wanting how many kms what year etc etc?.
    2000 model, 56000ish odd km. Scrapes on both sides (minimal) from previous owner. Has full grieves system with a raised micron oval can ans a power commander. Only problem is that on rare occasions (maybe once a day if that) the clutch shudders when taking off... Looking to get about $7500 as is. If it gets closer to $8000 i'll put a full barnette clutch in (plates fibres and springs) .

Might be a bit of a jump from something like the xt to something that puts out over 140hp....

Name:	P1010013.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	56618  
    Lump lingered last in line for brains,
    And the ones she got were sort of rotten and insane...

Bike
    gpx 250 WITH FLAMES lol
    ill see what the olds say as they are the ones paying for it. i am still on a learners and the thing is convincing them to let me get a 750. they are even reluctant to let me get a 4cylinder 250!!! lol.

one more question to you all as i am totally confused about bikes now... what about an er5?? kawasaki inline 2 500cc naked. thats about all i know.

i am realy sorry for all the questions lol.

Bike
    On your learners aye... Hmm... No 600's or 750's for you.

What about a Honda RVF400? It's still illegal, but only by 150cc.

But I'm totally biased, and mine is not for sale. VFR400's are cheaper and just about as good, just not as good looking.

http://www.apathy.net.nz/si-2006/

Bike
    04 R6
    well, look at it this way. Your not going to keep the 250 for ever, youll get bored, and youll upgrade in a years time ANYWAY. so, whydont you keep the virago, (which is a solid bullet proof bike) keep it legal for the least amount of dollars, and save up and buy something really sexy. Nothing saying you cant have both a 250 and a 600 on your restricted, and occasionally fang the 600 when no ones watching hehe. Its what id do. Hence why i own a gn250, and not a VTR250, i can well afford the latter, but the cash is going into a CBR900 instead, keep the 250 cheap, working and comfortable and put moneys into a bigger bike.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Still on your learners? I thought you must have been on your restricted and about to go for your full. In that case there is no way you are ready for an RS250 or a gsr600. Stay with your Yamaha, or if you really want something a bit more challenging then try a CBR250R.

But really, there is no way you are ready for a high performance bike.
    Time to ride

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    . i am still on a learners :

Listen to this! Get a 250 until you are legally allowed a bigger bike!

PLenty of modern 250's will go as fast as you want these days and you won't need to worry about the consequences of getting caught!
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    on a learners..... Shit.

For insurance sake get a zxr250 or a cbr250. They are still very very good little bikes and will give the bigger ones a run for thier money in the twisies... believe me.

Bike
    gpx 250 WITH FLAMES lol
    see now the problem is im pushing the virago to far and if i keep it i know i will fall off it iv only had it 6-8months but already it scrapes around almost every corner and like i said in a prevous thingy i dont wana hit a bump and get flicked off. plus i have wierd hips and they get realy sore when i ride it so i want to get a sport bike. the cbr nd zxr vfr etc etc are all old and as i am not alowd an old bike they are out of the question. most of the new 250cc dont have fairings or bucket seats and as i compleatly and utterly hate sport bikes with no fairings or bucket seats they are out of the question aswell thats why i like the aprilia so much.. however i will stretch having no fairings or bucket seat if i can get a "big bike". and thats why im having so much trouble finding my perfect bike because it has to be my perfect bike i wont settel for anything less. lol im female im alowd to be fussy!

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    see now the problem is im pushing the virago to far and if i keep it i know i will fall off it iv only had it 6-8months but already it scrapes around almost every corner and like i said in a prevous thingy i dont wana hit a bump and get flicked off. plus i have wierd hips and they get realy sore when i ride it so i want to get a sport bike. the cbr nd zxr vfr etc etc are all old and as i am not alowd an old bike they are out of the question. most of the new 250cc dont have fairings or bucket seats and as i compleatly and utterly hate sport bikes with no fairings or bucket seats they are out of the question aswell thats why i like the aprilia so much.. however i will stretch having no fairings or bucket seat if i can get a "big bike". and thats why im having so much trouble finding my perfect bike because it has to be my perfect bike i wont settel for anything less. lol im female im alowd to be fussy!
    Why you not allowed an old bike? Built as tough as brick houses some of them. If you're looking for something new it's going have to be a hyasuck or a gpx if you're staying with 250's. and as for 400's well most of them stopped getting made in the mid 90's so that puts ya out of luck. I know people who have "scraped thier pegs" on zxr250s that are not that quick on the road and people who have like gsx1400's (low pegs) who scrape them but rearly but are fecking fast. Suspension set up and riding style play a lot when it comes to thing like that. See photo one and photo 2 same riding style slightly different bike and one has pegs a lot lower than the other.

Yes you're allowed to be fussy and you don't have to apologise for asking questions. I personally think that learning to ride a smaller bike fast makes you a much better riding when you get a big bike. Plus it's really funny when guys on 600's can't keep up with you on a 250.

Name:	pic for profile.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	56662   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pro1.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	56663  

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    A wee hint for those considering ignoring the irksome restrictions of the GDLS

Check this article

In particular the bits that say

Transport officials are looking at ways of dealing with the large number of drivers who breach the conditions of learner and restricted licences.
    ...Mr Duynhoven said fines for such offences were not working because a young driver's parents often paid, or a group of youngsters in a car would split the bill between them.
    "If we have a system where the consequences of breaking the law are seen as minimal or non-existent, and where there is no effective sanction, we can have the best systems in the world but people aren't going to comply with it," he said.

No point having a fast bike if it's locked up in the police pound

(Not saying I personally agree with all the restrictions. But theya re the law, and the buzz is that TPTB are going to crack down heavily on breaches of them. Blame the boi-racers)
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    the cbr nd zxr vfr etc etc are all old and as i am not alowd an old bike they are out of the question.
    Not allowed old? That's odd.

Honda Hornet 250? There are some not so old ones around. MUCH faster than your Virago. And it's a 250. You'd have trouble scraping the pegs on that.

Thread Information