Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honda Chaly CF50 engines

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by delusionz View Post
    ........... or register it as a motorbike then you could probably go with a LIFAN or LONCIN 110cc or 125cc motor which are Honda replicas and will fit straight on. Try defyindustries.co.nz and newmanz.co.nz for these motors..............
    Thanks for those sites- that is good stuff. I don't really want to register it as a moped - I'd rather have a bit more grunt. The only engines I'd seen on trade me I dont know what the brand is and they seem to be doing not much more than the original engine when tuned properly. Will investigate the repowering further - needs certification as larger engine but hope that it is not to much.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    09 Bonneville, 79 SR500
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    needs certification as larger engine but hope that it is not to much.
    I wouldn't bother. Just stick the bigger engine in and register it as a stock CF50. When was the last time someone checked that your DR650 actually had a 644cc engine? Very, very unlikely anything will ever come of it.

Or another option ... buy her a CT110 and she can come along on some adventure rides, those things seem to go anywhere
    The views expressed above may not match yours - But that's the reason my Dad went to war - wasn't it?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, .... but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,... shouting "man, what a ride"!!!

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by far queue View Post
    I wouldn't bother. Just stick the bigger engine in and register it as a stock CF50. When was the last time someone checked that your DR650 actually had a 644cc engine? Very, very unlikely anything will ever come of it.

Or another option ... buy her a CT110 and she can come along on some adventure rides, those things seem to go anywhere
    Or a Marshin Cheetah 200! Got Niglep's one today. She is looking forward to getting out there.

R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    DRZ400
    Or a Marshin Cheetah 200! Got Niglep's one today. She is looking forward to getting out there.

R
    And a great bike she is!

Sorry, just had to put in my 2 cents worth!

Bike
    09 Bonneville, 79 SR500

R
    Cool, it'll be good to see her out there ... and I really must get out there for another play in the dirt with you guys sometime soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelp View Post
    And a great bike she is!

Sorry, just had to put in my 2 cents worth!
    Sooooooo ... what are you going to do for a bike now? Are you getting closer to choosing something?
    The views expressed above may not match yours - But that's the reason my Dad went to war - wasn't it?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, .... but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,... shouting "man, what a ride"!!!

Bike
    DRZ400
    Sooooooo ... what are you going to do for a bike now? Are you getting closer to choosing something?
    Had a look around the shops on Sat but nothing too my fancy! Would really love a Dakar...time will tell!

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelp View Post
    And a great bike she is!
    Just who sir, are you calling a bike! LOL Seriously it has been riden home and runs like a dream. Kept thinking it is very much like TA's CRF230 interms of power delivery. Guess that is not supprising though.

Cool, it'll be good to see her out there ... and I really must get out there for another play in the dirt with you guys sometime soon too.
    I think wifey wants a little bit of practice before we all goes riding. Last time she rode a bike was when she was much younger and put a yamy ag bike through the neighbours fence! Big brother forgot to tell here how to stop! I doubt it will be long as she has much better balance on a treadly bike than me.

Cheers R

Bike
    DRZ400
    Just who sir, are you calling a bike! LOL Seriously it has been riden home and runs like a dream. Kept thinking it is very much like TA's CRF230 interms of power delivery. Guess that is not supprising though.
    My brother in law has a CRF230 and it is very similar powerwise, however the Cheetah has a hell of a lot nicer seat than it! No monkey butt with it! The CRF I think is also slightly heavier tho from memory

Bike
    1997 Yamaha TRX850

Smile Chinese engines

Hi guys,
    Shane here from Newmanz R/C Direct.
    Ive used many Chinese engines in projects, there are 2 main brands. Loncin and Lifan. Both are very similar, Loncin being slightly higher quality. In 5 years I have not had to rebuild any Loncin or Lifan engines, never even sold a clutch kit or piston for one yet. It seems only the cheaper "clone" engines give problems. Now as far as Kw ratings go, it is hard to gauge. The Chinese stuff is down on power by Japanese standards but in saying that, the Lifan engines seem almost on par with similar single cylinders, the 125cc and 5 speed 150cc and 200cc being the best. There is also a 3 valve 110cc 4 stroke version.

Cheapest option is go for a Chinese engine, you can even buy a cheap second hand clone off trademe and just put some good parts into it. Parts very cheap.

The Lifan 125cc is the biggest horizontal cylinder model available and quite a good powerhouse.

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by newmanz View Post
    Hi guys,
    Shane here from Newmanz R/C Direct.
    Ive used many Chinese engines in projects, there are 2 main brands. Loncin and Lifan. Both are very similar, Loncin being slightly higher quality. In 5 years I have not had to rebuild any Loncin or Lifan engines, never even sold a clutch kit or piston for one yet. It seems only the cheaper "clone" engines give problems. Now as far as Kw ratings go, it is hard to gauge. The Chinese stuff is down on power by Japanese standards but in saying that, the Lifan engines seem almost on par with similar single cylinders, the 125cc and 5 speed 150cc and 200cc being the best. There is also a 3 valve 110cc 4 stroke version.

Cheapest option is go for a Chinese engine, you can even buy a cheap second hand clone off trademe and just put some good parts into it. Parts very cheap.

The Lifan 125cc is the biggest horizontal cylinder model available and quite a good powerhouse.
    Thanks for the info. I'd love to have the bike back on the road as a round town toy with a 110cc or 125cc in it but the point was to get a bike for the Wife to learn on. Now that we have the Cheetah 200 the Chaly is no longer needed.

Finally boxed up the old motor (I had the top end off) and put in a corner last night. Will probably be another few years till it appears again. Other priorities now like tuning the suspension of the DR for my ample weight and getting the wife gear, her full license and bigger bike she wants to try before it will get pulled out again.

Sux cause even with all the shagging around it still would have been an awesome and cheep scoot.

Cheers R

Thread Information