Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14-20 March: Where did you ride and what did you practise?

Bike
    06 CBR600RR
    I'm free tommorow after work, and Wed after work, and...

Yay 100 posts
    We do not live to eat and make money. We eat and make money to be able to enjoy life. George Leigh Mallory, 1922

Blog Entries
    I've been resting up the last few days, taking it easy and gradually tackling the alloy work on victor Lima Xray. Waited for the rain front to pass on Sunday and then did a coffee run out and around Pauatahanui Inlet.

The following extract commenced last Tuesday and the emphasis being my focus on moving up from the GN250 to the VLX600 Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckBuckNo1 View Post
    [
    Day1
    Focus:
    Engine Torque and gear changing up and down.
    Bike balance and counter steering
    Emergency Braking

Environment:
    Quiet rural region, hills sweeping curves and also gradients up and downhill.
    Quiet highway conditions.

Day 2
    Focus:

Smooth controlled speed accelerating, down shifting and breaking to stop maintaining safety bubble.
    Counter steering
    12 second horizon hazard detection

Environment:
    Morning - motorway and inner city also anticipating changing weather conditions to wind and rain.
    Evening – small group ride [ 2 groups of 3 each] sunset, twilight and dark. [Haywards around inlet to Mana coast and return]

Day3
    Focus:

Consolidating days 1 and 2.

Environment:
    Morning – SH1 Lower Hutt to Carterton and return. Quiet traffic conditions over Rimutaka Hill.
    Evening sunset – Blue Mountains Road up and down, Wallaceville and Mangaroa Hills, and Rimutaka Hill.

Day4
    Focus:

Mirrors / Signals/ Headcheck, intersection turns, real hazard detection [How many will I see when I ride out of local valley? I often do this when leaving home.]

Environment
    Morning: Quiet suburban district.
    Evening: Busy Peak traffic.

Generally I am very pleased with the transition progress in this the first week.

Heads Up and Enjoy

Thread Information