Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: CB250RS café racer project

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    They usually had a coarse wire mesh. Mainly to prevent leaves and such like being sucked in.

The "factory cafe racers" such as the Norton International, BSA Gold Star, Velo Thruxton usually had an Amal GP carb (the GP stood for Goddamn Pig). I don't think I ever saw those with anything other than a bell mouth.

Main downside is extra cylinder wear from dust and grit.
    Can possibly live with that. It'll need boring out eventually anyway (still on original bore), I doubt the presence of dust or not would vastly accelerate the time needed.

Well we'll see what's more expensive/hard to obtain, lol. Pod filter or velocity stack

Bike
    For some real fun, chuck in a CRF250 engine

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post

Well we'll see what's more expensive/hard to obtain, lol. Pod filter or velocity stack
    Pod filters can be tricky to obtain the right size and fit -there are a number of options and some of them chrome
    Try scooter and mini chopper dealers for the bling ones, that is where I got some lovely Redline ones for 'er indoors's bike.

Go with the filters, winter is coming.
    The Mk1 Lemans came out with velocity stacks and the head needed a re-con within 50,000 where other Guzzis with aircleaners went around the clock no problems
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    That's a cool looking Guzzi there, Dodgyiti! It's not yours, is it? Don't be loath to mention the Tommaselli guy, do you have some details for him? If the brackets are $23, that's diddly squat, really.

Where does one buy an aftermarket chrome H4 light?
    Yep, I did that up for the last Guzzi rally and sold it just before Christmas, I bought another same model 2 days ago to pimp later.

motokiwi@paradise.net.nz Pete is his name, he has the fairings, Tommaselli parts etc, he even has a second hand Mk1 bikini if memory serves me correctly. Ya just internet deposit the funds and he sends it in 2 days if in stock, prices are very reasonable. Be nice to him, I need him! Daily!

Aftermarket chrome H4 H/lights are sold by Northern Accessories that nearly every bike shop has an account with, they can show you the different styles on their computer catalouge and you just choose one from that. I use Henderson Motorcycles as they seem to have a lower markup, less greedy than most.

I bought this on Friday-->
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...06#post1005506
    (it looks good in the pic, but it's a right bucket of s**t)
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    -
    CRF250 -- brief google turned up a 12.5:1 compression ratio, and about 35HP. Wo0o0o0o0o0o0! Sadly, no.

Cheers Dodgyiti -- I'll send an email to him. Yay for the internet! Beats paying shipping over eBay. Although that's the internet too. But you know what I mean.

Might ride over to Henderson, then. Need to visit my Nana anyway.

Yep, have seen those scooter pod filter things on eBay. Don't particularly want `bling', though. The only reason I thought of K&N was because they seem to be a respectable company. Yeah I suppose with all the rain and shit on the roads in winter a pod filter is probably not stupid.

Ta for the details! Some of these guys I think would get heaps more business if they advertised or set up a website. E.g., Eurodave's stuff looks absolutely gorgeous, but if it weren't for KB I never would've seen photos. Anyway.

It's alright. My bike not only looks like a right bucket of shit, but it is one too At least you've got one thing ^_^

No more rep for Dodgyiti until I spread it around more, apparently.

Bike
    -
    $59 for the headlight brackets

Were those Tommaselli ones you got for $23, Dodgyiti?

Bike
    '08 zx6r, GP125, '76 T140V
    i've got a GP125 light, and indicators that come out the sides if you're interested?
    Sorry Officer - I wasn't speeding, i was qualifying...

Bike
    -
    What does it look like?

I've been investigating this Northern Accessories bunch like was mentioned earlier on, they have EMGO brackets and headlights for not too much.

However right now I have to wait until I can walk before I start playing with my bike again

Bike
    what'd you do? here's a pic of the bike with it still on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	59397  

Bike
    -
    Stuffed my knee, thread is somewhere around. Looks quite good actually -- while the smallness probably won't help me riding at night, it looks quite appropriate.

Is it desperately needing to be sold soon? I might wait until I can get up and about and check out these EMGO jobs (I do a lot of night riding, and the chrome ones look quite cool on the interwebs at least).

Thanks for the offer, will look into it

Bike
    I can hold onto it, but i'm selling all my other GP road bits to help fund my racing. found any cheap dunstall style meggas? i'm tracking down a GB500.... yay!

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by CM2005 View Post
    I can hold onto it, but i'm selling all my other GP road bits to help fund my racing. found any cheap dunstall style meggas? i'm tracking down a GB500.... yay!
    Ah, don't hold onto it on account of me, then -- I think I'd prefer to go with a brand new EMGO thing, with new reflector, as I ride so much at night.

EMGO seems to be a wonderful thing for me -- they make lovely Dunstall replica megaphones (long megaphones, long reverse cone megas, short reverse cone megas) for about $100 each. You see them on Trademe from time to time. I'd like to fit them as well but it looks tricky with the headers.

GB500!!! I love those things. I want one for my so-called `upgrade bike' once I get my full, although this CB250RS is not going anywhere. Good luck!

Bike
    Hi Xerxes, looking at the GB400 on tardme, what do you know about those? must be rather gutless compared to the 500 i guess? Its either that or a KLR600..

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    The 500 obviously has more power. But some prefer the 400, finding its handling better balanced. and the 400 reputedly avoids the cylinder head probems of the 500. But Mr Spankme is the man to ask about GB singles.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    nein
    I've been drooling over that GB400tt on trademe... god I'd love that bike.
    QUOTE=Fub@r -Don't get the GN............get yourself a nice naked V-Twin

Thread Information