Page 3 of 770 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawke's Bay weekend rides

Bike
    2001 Suzuki GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
    ...I believe we will be joined by an Aucklander for our first outing...
    Hey thats me - I think
    Yup.. Sounds good to me
    It's been a rough day. I got up this morning, put on a shirt and a button fell off.
    As I ran out the door, I picked up my briefcase, and the handle came off.
    Now I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Helmet sorted! Thanks for your offer, Dooly, but I am now the proud owner of new HJC flip front, looking forward to trying it out today!
    Will be a pillion again, as Zac needed my bike to get to his two jobs.It will be nice when his Spada is up and running again...
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    The word has obviously spread about how great HB rides are...apparently a member of the Welly crew is joining us too! Might have to start doing this by PM to avoid being invaded!

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Awesome ride/weather/company today. Thanks, those out-of-towners, for joining us. Hope we didn't disappoint you guys....
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Was a bloody good ride. We left the goats alone Tart. But we hit a half grown pheasant at +40. Coming out of a right hander then a left hander. As we went from sun to shade outa the left hander there it was. I stood the bike up and backed the throttle off and grabbed a big hand full of brake but as I grabbed the lever it jumped to fly and hit my right hand. Whack. It hit the underside of my hand and dropped down the side of the bike. I lost sight of it then as I looked a long way ahead and let the brake off. The hit bent the front brake lever. Mary saw it drop on to the road and then disappear under the rear wheel. I didn't feel the bump but with the big hit to my hand it had to lock the front and maybe the thump was the back coming back down. Anyway I looked in the mirror to see it trying to fly off to the left of the road. What an adrenalin rush....................... Bloody good feeling after it was all over. (and he got a tight cuddle from me as we prepared to go through the bird! It certainly didn't look like it was going anywhere,just waiting for us to bring it on!)

Nice to see you Hitcher and your lady. Also Micro and Pillon. Sorry we didn't get to chat but we had to get home and get stuff done. To the other H/B riders...Thanks for nice avo out. Till next week............. We missed the ones that didn't come.........Roll on next week..........

Bike
    Tractor
    Lucky escape there mate.

I think I saw a pile of them standing on the road by a gate on the LH side as you turned out of the corner, probably those bastards.

What a great road that is.
    Enjoyed it.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooly View Post
    Lucky escape there mate.

I think I saw a pile of them standing on the road by a gate on the LH side as you turned out of the corner, probably those bastards.

What a great road that is.
    Enjoyed it.
    I would say so. Just before the first big hill. I did see others but I was a bit distracted by the suicidal one.

As you do.

They were walking down the road looking for their mummies till they got run over. That's a good thing cos the pukekos come out to eat them and they get run over so by the end we have a safeish road again.

My fingers are still quite sore.

EDIT: Better clean the shit of the tank and the side of the bike. Hope it is bird shit.......

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    It really is a road that you have to have your wits about you..I think that I have never been on it without seeing wandering sheep/goats/bulls/birds or summat thinking they own it!
    Sounds like you had a bit of fun G4E!
    The weather and company was superb guys, thanks!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
    It really is a road that you have to have your wits about you..I think that I have never been on it without seeing wandering sheep/goats/bulls/birds or summat thinking they own it!
    Sounds like you had a bit of fun G4E!
    I did the road again today. Cranked the speed up a bit and had a boy ride. Was great. No sun strike but 3 sheep a dozen goats and a Hawke. Not bad for that road. The surface was clean and a real buzz to ride on. I think I will sit on the couch and watch the V8's for the avo. I love riding............

Was the Honda club in Gisy or somethin over the weekend? Had a great ride with two I caught up to. They lifted the pace and it was fun. Mr Plod was sitting at the shop with his tax gathering thing going. Thanks God for the detector :-)

Bike
    2001 Suzuki GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Awesome ride/weather/company today. Thanks, those out-of-towners, for joining us. Hope we didn't disappoint you guys....
    Nope definitely not.. Hey thanks again to you guys for the hospitality... Was great

The pillion is hooked and convinced me that we should take a tiki-tour, so we left your place and went for a ride down toward Hastings way and back through some Pa settlement thing... Thank god for the GPS

Just got back to good ol' Auckland (and no it wasnt raining - Well not yet...).. 4.25 hour trip which was OK I thought.. Dam cars that dont get out of the way

Was such a pearler this morning (cant believe the weather down there), so decided to stick around for a while.. so we ended up in some random beach (umm, Ocean View something or rather)... Dam twisty road towards the end and a short piece of gravel road then down a one way road towards the beach (just down from Kidnappers I believe)...

Anyway, thanks again and see ya soon
    It's been a rough day. I got up this morning, put on a shirt and a button fell off.
    As I ran out the door, I picked up my briefcase, and the handle came off.
    Now I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.

Bike
    Tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer 4 ever View Post
    Was the Honda club in Gisy or somethin over the weekend? Had a great ride with two I caught up to. going.
    It was the big Ulyssess rally.

Took the missus for a ride down the road to the Tiko pub for a bite. First time she's been pillon for 8 yrs.
    Went on the Ducati, since the Trip is'nt user friendly for pillons
    There was an old grizzled biker sitting outside having a drink.
    He had been at the Uyssess event and told us all about it.
    Was great yakking to him about his biking adventures over the years

Lots of bikes passing past.

The missus is now asking....'where we going next week!'.
    Damn.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by M1CRO View Post
    Nope definitely not.. Hey thanks again to you guys for the hospitality... Was great
    You are very welcome - at least half the pleasure was ours, mate.
    Sounds like you went to Ocean Beach - next time, hang a right and go to Waimarama...much nicer.
    And you got home dry eh? Excellent.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooly View Post

The missus is now asking....'where we going next week!'.
    Damn.
    That is great news Dooly! Bring her along next w/e...we won't be there but I am sure she will be well and truly hooked when she meets everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by M1CRO View Post

Just got back to good ol' Auckland (and no it wasnt raining - Well not yet...)..
    Was such a pearler this morning (cant believe the weather down there), so decided to stick around for a while..

Anyway, thanks again and see ya soon
    Shutup about our weather will ya, or they will be all coming here...tis our secret and you are sworn to secrecy!
    Was great to catch up with you again... till next time...

Bike
    None any more
    Well that was good fun! Mrs H and I may have to ride up to the Bay every weekend for the ride! Great fun for foreigners. Thank you all.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    You'd both be most welcome Mr H!
    It's a great way to see the countryside,eh? We usually go somewhere different every week.

Thread Information