Thread: RiderScan Safety blind spot mirror

Bike
    Obsolete ones.

RiderScan Safety blind spot mirror

This just caught my eye on another forum. A companion recently came close to ending up under a van due to inexperience & half hearted life saver. This idea may have helped the latter.

http://www.huntercreate.com/videos.htm
    Manopausal.

Bike
    18 Triumph Street twin
    I tried blindstop mirrors in the bottom inside of my mirrors on my bike . Mind you they were the size of barn doors . It worked mint .just stick them on good , they hurt smoking your knees at a hundy kays

Bike
    A
    Meh, overkill solution...go to Repco or Supercheap and pick up small rectangular blind spot mirror x 2 and epoxy to bike mirror in the spot normally inhabited by the elbow view

Not a substitute for a lifesaver, but greatly increases the spatial awareness. Bit of a mongrel on the first ride after dark though, lots more lights... but not as bad as the big ass mirror shown in the videoclip.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Must admit to being more impressed with the idea than the product. Summit a bit smaller & neater would appeal. I have bar end mirrors & wide bars so have bugger all blind spot anyhoo. Those that have purchased one are impressed but not by the price. 43 quid I think, nearly $100. My compoota has no pounds symbol....
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Meh, tell your mate to stop being a lazy rider. Go out and practice blind spot checking...if he wants to live it won't be that hard a skill to develop. Then he should go to a pub and use the money he would have wasted to buy himself a pint and a feed and give himself a pat on the back for not being another dickhead on a bike.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I liked her accent

Thread Information