Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Permanent weight loss...advice from ladies!

Bike
    2003 X11 "The Klingon"
    Of course, being a bloke, I like my Beers and Pies (and in vast quantities) but
    if you like eggplant I make this one quite often - Sshh I sort of nicked it out of a diet book years ago:

Cut EP lengthwise and score/scoop out most of the flesh and reserve to one side, keep the EP shells

In a lightly oiled pan (as a suggestion) fry some:

Diced/Cubed chicken – handful
    Bit of diced onion
    Garlic
    Sliced capsicum
    Roughly diced eggplant flesh
    Salt,pepper,herbs if you wish etc

Once browned off

If you wish, mix in sliced tomato but roughly de-seed it so the mix doesn’t go all watery

Get Eggplant shells and stuff half the mixture back into each, live a bit dangerously and maybe mix a bit of cheese in as well say half a handful grated or some feta or whatever you want really.

Put into oven and bake at say 180ish 200ish for 15 minutes or till the eggplant looks cooked through.

The key is it doesnt really matter what you put in but keep the quantities like a handful of protein per person, as much veg as you like, flavour and its really filling. No Carbs.

Hope you try it and like it.

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    gah. well, day one today. crappy tasting complan for breaky [think too much milk] fruit for lunch. ended up with a headache by the time i came home... was sooo hungry. just finished a bowl of rice and noodles. still not full but close enough. same again tomorrow. not sure if im gonna be able to do this....
    why on earth eat something that tastes crappy? and why torture yourself with hunger?
    you're whole plan should be being based on a change in eating that you can live with the rest of your life - NOT something that you dislike so much that you start feeling deprived and resentful and punished ......... something you'll ditch the minute you reach your 'goal' weight [so you'll climb right back on that weight seesaw again]

i don't know much about this, but i do know that it's best to work with mother nature than against her ......... and she's given us tastebuds, smell and the ability to enjoy textures for a reason

change your thinking and you'll change your life

• so, slow down ..... think about it as making love to your digestive system
    • forget about meals as something to get thru as fast as possible
    • research what foods you enjoy and can eat that'll do you least harm [lotta good tips in this thread about what to avoid ........ salt'd be my favourite- teach yourself to love herb flavourings and your need for salt will diminish - go easy though, you still need some ]
    • arrange them attractively, savouring the sight and smell as you prepare them
    • give yourself an uninterrupted 20 mins to eat - DON'T read a book or watch tv while you are eating, concentrate on the food
    • drink water with the meal
    • eat slowly, roll each bite sensually around your mouth with your tongue
    • there is no hurry
    • there are no distractions
    • chew until the mouthful is practically liquid in your mouth - do NOT bolt your food
    • give yourself permission to enjoy every mouthful - food is not your enemy

in this way you will be giving yourself a stressfree break
    • giving your body what it needs
    • giving your system time to know it's full [sometimes we eat on the run so fast that we are full long before our brain registers the fact]
    • avoiding feeling deprived or punished
    • and, mebbe, both losing weight and laying down a pattern of eating that you can adopt as 'normal' for the rest of your life

good luck!

... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Quote Originally Posted by mstriumph View Post
    why on earth eat something that tastes crappy? and why torture yourself with hunger?
    I agree with MST completely... in fact her whole post makes sence... but the part I quoted would be a recipe for failure...

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    but not in context
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    91 FXR150r
    And if you don't like eggplant too much, but like the idea, use butternut pumpkin....you would need to scrape it back to about 1/2 an inch thick, then use cougettes in place of the eggplant in the mix.
    Om nom nom.

Quote Originally Posted by mstriumph View Post
    but not in context
    Exactly..

Eat good healthy food you enjoy... dont starve yourself... even a super human effort will have trouble maintaining that long term. Dont set yourself up to fail...

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo

Blah

Woah eggplant? Cougettes? *goes straight over my head*

I eat too many pies. I eat ice cream instead of making a sandwich, because im lazy.

When I do make the effort, I feel twice as good as when I just had a pie.

We've met sunhuntin, I dont think you should be too worried about your weight. However if you feel you need to, I would say, that ensuring you eat proper meals and healthy foods that your body would do most of the work.... just my 2c

Gimme a yell next time your in aucks, my pillion seats free

Sorry for the interuption ladies... carry on
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    91 FXR150r
    Just a thought on the exercise thing....

Go for a decent walk, make sure that you have a timeline to be back in and no ability to cut corners.

Example:

I just went for my first 'walk' in aaaaaaaaaages.....

So I went off at lunchtime to crank around the panmure basin, only had an hour for lunch and knew that the whole walk would take 50 minutes at a good pace without stopping.

Got half way and started to think - this sucks, I can't do this everyday for the next 12 weeks!... OWW, my farken right shoe is rubbing on my small toe, jesus if this carries on I will not be able to continue walking......how the hell did I do this last time?????

Then it sunk in that I would have to carry on as what the fark else was I going to do? There is no other way I can go! And I would need to change my walking style so that my toe didn't rub.....and if I put a little more effort into it, it would be over soon...

If I had had a left or right choice available, I would have taken the easier one.
    Om nom nom.

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    *prints jimmys recipie*

yeh...yesterday was not a good day. wont be doing that again in a hurry. ate quite a bit of fruit [pear, grapes, pineapple and two nashies] but that did nothing.

today is better though. [so far] my coworkers meal plan...dont think ill follow that, as that is what i did yesterday.

thanks disco....your a real sweety. ill take you up on that next time im up... just watch the diesel
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Someone once told me you should watch how much fruit you eat too due to the sugar content in it. Have you had a look at 'the CSIRO total wellbeing diet'? It has some very sensible ideas about moderation and balance in food.

Bike
    2003 X11 "The Klingon"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Kendog View Post
    Someone once told me you should watch how much fruit you eat too due to the sugar content in it. .
    Another undesirable side effect is the uncontrollable urge to climb trees at night and the inability to move while fixating on bright lights

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Kendog View Post
    Someone once told me you should watch how much fruit you eat too due to the sugar content in it. Have you had a look at 'the CSIRO total wellbeing diet'? It has some very sensible ideas about moderation and balance in food.
    looking at the site now. and yeh...i was wondering about that myself.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
    Another undesirable side effect is the uncontrollable urge to climb trees at night and the inability to move while fixating on bright lights
    "You are what you eat"

so stay away from fruits and nuts...............?
    ... ...

Bike
    BICYCLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni View Post
    Eat good healthy food you enjoy... dont starve yourself... .
    I agree. Interestingly, starving oneself and eating inconsistantly can result in the body getting
    extremely efficiant at storing fat! Thats why people can say "I hardly
    ever eat" but are still overweight or can't get rid of the fat.

If we don't want to get fat....eat - yay!

Regular small meals "graze" - and be active.

Learn from the animals....look at bodies of grazing & active animals as opposed to animals that have big pig outs then don't eat for ages and sloth around (I think the Body for Life author - Bill Phillips said that)

Drinking 1.5 - 2 litres of water per day is also key
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    getting a speeding ticket is far from my mind as it is unlikely to kill me..

Bike
    DL650
    I think though you have to get it out of your head that you are *dieting* because that is only a recipe for failure. If you think more in the lines of.....you are changing your eating to healthy you will find that its easier. You have also inspired me to get my ass into gear and back on the bandwagon. thanks
    Go on, click on the pic for larger version!

Thread Information