Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goblin's PMCC round4

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.

Goblin's PMCC round4

I turned up a little worried that my bike hadn't been touched since Paeroa and waited for bob to arrive and change the suspension for the track. For some reason I was a little more nervous than ever before and should ave bought shares in the ablution facitities.
    My Classics practice was up first with F3 straight after so I put heaps of petrol in to last the distance. Got out there for classic practice and was feeling really good! As I was 5th in the points I had a good chance of getting into the top 3 for the championship plus a front row start for once. Well that practice finnished then it was straight back out for f3. I was only going to do a few more laps then come in. First lap in f3 practice and on my favourite part of the track(the tight tyre chicane) I see an SV650 on its front wheel heading for the tyres. He had pannicked and grabbed far too much brakes and evidently fixated on the tyre wall. I thought I was gunna make the gap but his bike bounced so hard it took me down. I was still on the track with my right foot stuck under my bike, trying to kick it off so I could get off the track. Then Jill and Dennis were helping me, the ambo arrived and I got taken to hospital for the rest of the day. We had to wait for another ambo to arrive and someone brought my son Matthew over to me as he was fairly upset at seeing him mum being carted off the track. Thanks to all who helped, Dennis and Jill, Shane and Allan for the lift back to the track, Bob and Jane for getting me and my van home, Frying Finn for helping me unload and your mate for looking out for Matthew. Anyone else I may have forgotten...the drugs certianly fucked with me.

I was gutted to not race. My first time on the front row and I wanted turn one real bad! Oh well...thats racing eh.

I will be back!!
    Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Bike
    2010 Yamaha XT250, 2008 BMW F650 Dakar
    Yeah, was looking forward to being up against you in F3 again this time too Kel. No worries - we'll see you at the next one no doubt.

The guy on the red SV was so upset about what had happened. Thankfully it wasn't worse - that chicane is pretty dodgy, I can visualise clipping it with a handlebar everytime I come through and there's just no where to go if shit happens as in your case.
    Exploring pastures anew...

Bike
    L1 GSXR 1000
    Yep as soon as ya young fella heard you where in the ambo he broke down but didn't want to come n see ya till Shane talked him round.

Get well soon Kel!!

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystone19 View Post
    Yeah, was looking forward to being up against you in F3 again this time too Kel. No worries - we'll see you at the next one no doubt.

The guy on the red SV was so upset about what had happened. Thankfully it wasn't worse - that chicane is pretty dodgy, I can visualise clipping it with a handlebar everytime I come through and there's just no where to go if shit happens as in your case.
    I cant see me getting to the first Vic club round at this stage. see if I can ride a little closer to the time.

That chicane is so easy if you dont look at the tryes. Ya actually dont have to start braking until the first set of tyres and that's where I make up alot of time. I heard rumours of a motard cutting us both up but that simply isnt true. The dude on the motard took a perfect line through there but the SV rider must have been inexperienced and tried to go too hard on the first lap of practice. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    Yip that tire chicane if its the one where the new track meets the old cicruit you turn left instead of right and up on back straight? so its small circuit?

If so thats fucken dodgy it needs to be moved out at least another 5 metres or replaced with milk bottles them tires are fucken dodgy as especially as you get some time to crank some speed on that flat out left hand sweeper into it!

I try not to worry about it and worry about the corner but it still dont help as you shoot by it with some solid wire belted rubber chained together you hit it and your screwed

ANd this is what happened a bike hit it and bounced of into another bike,

I reckon 5 metres back at least and they would be sweet,

At the Road race spectacular some guy lost his RS250 Aprilia inthere dont know if he clipped the tires but I stopped and parked my 125 up and had to get his bike off track

Its an awsome circuit just with that one corner there it makes it so dodgy you crash there and it can become a big incident as you run out of run off you cant go right to avoid a bike as you hit the wall and you cant go left as you can smak the concrete wall
    Blindspott are back as Blacklist check them out
    www.blacklistmusicnz.co.nz

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    Yep as soon as ya young fella heard you where in the ambo he broke down but didn't want to come n see ya till Shane talked him round.

Get well soon Kel!!
    Awww...poor wee fulla. He was good once he saw me smile. little trooper, my kids have been awesome! Even got my girl to bath me last night Matthew took his little brother to school this morning and Alex is a great nurse.
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    I cant see me getting to the first Vic club round at this stage. see if I can ride a little closer to the time.

That chicane is so easy if you dont look at the tryes. Ya actually dont have to start braking until the first set of tyres and that's where I make up alot of time. I heard rumours of a motard cutting us both up but that simply isnt true. The dude on the motard took a perfect line through there but the SV rider must have been inexperienced and tried to go too hard on the first lap of practice. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    yeh was shitty to hear about your off and then no word... Was really looking forward to seeing you in action after hearing all the stories...
    Lump lingered last in line for brains,
    And the ones she got were sort of rotten and insane...

Bike
    2010 Yamaha XT250, 2008 BMW F650 Dakar
    Yeah, there were rumours about a motard but these days the motards are getting blamed for everything regardless of whether they were there or not.

Yep, that was the SV guy's first time on the bike and it was brand new. Dunno how much experience he had. Yeah, wrong place wrong time.

Haha, if I braked at the first tyre chicane I wouldn't make the corner...I down change just before the hole to the side of the track at the first bend, start progressive braking there and trail the brakes into the corner a little (vtwin - inline four riding style differences there I think).
    Exploring pastures anew...

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Yip that tire chicane if its the one where the new track meets the old cicruit you turn left instead of right and up on back straight? so its small circuit?

If so thats fucken dodgy it needs to be moved out at least another 5 metres or replaced with milk bottles them tires are fucken dodgy as especially as you get some time to crank some speed on that flat out left hand sweeper into it!

ANd this is what happened a bike hit it and bounced of into another bike,

Its an awsome circuit just with that one corner there it makes it so dodgy you crash there and it can become a big incident as you run out of run off you cant go right to avoid a bike as you hit the wall and you cant go left as you can smak the concrete wall
    Yep. you're absolutely right. I think since the RR Spectacular, it's even narrower through there. There's now tyres on the inside of the lefty onto the backstraight so you cant get as far left now. I cant see why they cant move the tyres back 5 meters or so.

Yeah Jill, different styles alright. I can keep it nailed until the the tyres then a quick brake to knock off some speed then weight the pegs and hang on for the bump in the middle of the corner, then nail it again. Good fun!!
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    Haha thatbump I know that one well on a 125your throttling hard and you have your knee down hit the bump knee goes up i air and slams back down onto the ground again,

NARROWER you say I hope not
    Blindspott are back as Blacklist check them out
    www.blacklistmusicnz.co.nz

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    hope ya heal up fast kel!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    moped
    Hi Kel, was'nt good news when we heard about your crash over by the tyre wall , hope you heal well soon. The same thing happened to me last year, wrong place at the wrong time, bike goes down in front of me in turn 7 i go over the top, busted ribs, ac joint, and a night in hospital, last race of the pmc series, as you say thats racing, and we come back for more hah. We missed you out there in the classics, there was such a big field this time as well which made things interesting.
    As a note; re that part of the track we had another big accident there in the classics in race two which could have been quite serious, i think this is how it went as i didn't see it, guy on an rgv 500 for some unknown reason got out of shape approaching the narrow bottleneck and ended up going on the left hand side of the tyres, through the grass strip came out the other side and clipped a bike coming out of the left turn onto the back straight, when i came upon it my mate had stopped and was assisting the rider as he did'nt look to well, bits of bike parts everywhere, looked quite serious. Its definatley single file through that part of the track:
    I ended up fourth in the classics. See you back out there.
    ZXR 400

Bike
    dirty ns2fiddyr
    MATE!! heard all sorts of nasty stories!

Bloody motarders, LOL Hope you heal up soon deary, will buy you a commiserative drink next time I see ya!
    Boyd hh er Suzuki are my heroes!
    The best deals, all the time!

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    stink Kel.... coulda been a shoulder tho
    did you get that thumb sorted today?

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    SV 650 Racer
    Heal up Kel, see you out there again in no time at all
    It's better to Burn out than to Fade away - Cause thats value for money!!

Thread Information