Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: belladonna able to break the speed limit?

Bike
    GSXR 450

belladonna able to break the speed limit?

hey i jsut brought a belladonna rv150 and i was thinking about modifying it a little just for a bit more power i ride it on the motorway and it tops out at a mesily 98km/hr so i might do the exaguhst which is $350 (i got about $600 to spend) but i also want more take off power will the exaghust make a lot of difference?undefined

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    You could try painting it flourescent green.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    GSXR 450
    its already green ^^* but hows that sposed to help again?
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Well, being a bit more sensible, since it's already green...

I looked it up on www.retroscooter.co.nz. An old Vespa, manufactured under license in India, eh? It's listed as putting out either 8.5 or 10 bhp, so you didn't really choose the right starter bike if you're interested in exceeding 100kph by much. Presumably you'd buy one of those because of the kitsch value, rather than on technological merit, so enjoy it for what it is.

If there's an underground cottage industry for making those things go fast, I haven't heard about it...

[Edit: OK. I googled, and now I *have* heard about it. I'm just wishing I'd remained in blissful higgerance.

SWK will no doubt be along within the next 24 hours to advise all the weird and wonderful ways that you can overstress your millimeter-level machining tolerances...]
    - mikey

Bike
    GSXR 450
    yer well they only sell one type of scooter and they only go 98km/hr they go 110-112 if u upgrade the exaughst which is $350 but i just wanna get it to go 120 atleast so i didnt get an exaughst off them but i spoke to a guy who has my scooter except its like 20 years old its a vespa(exactly the same cept mine has electrice start and i dont have to pre-mix the fuel) and he reckons his can top out at 160+
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by texmo
    they go 110-112 if u upgrade the exaughst which is $350
    That would be the 8.5->10bhp upgrade on the spec sheet, then.

but i just wanna get it to go 120 atleast
    NOS! NOS!
    - mikey

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    yer well they only sell one type of scooter and they only go 98km/hr they go 110-112 if u upgrade the exaughst which is $350 but i just wanna get it to go 120 atleast so i didnt get an exaughst off them but i spoke to a guy who has my scooter except its like 20 years old its a vespa(exactly the same cept mine has electrice start and i dont have to pre-mix the fuel) and he reckons his can top out at 160+
    Seriously, though texmo, its probably not going to handle too well at higher speeds. You might, as jrandom hinted, be better off accepting the scooter for what it is and looking at something else which might do a bit more speed.

Do you have a full licence? If not, it's a bit of a moot point really as you can't exceed 70km/hr...

Also, my bike can do 240 but I rarely exceed 90 km/hr for 90% of the riding I do. Lots of fun can be had on scooters without making them go fast than they are meant to be.

I learnt to ride on a Vespa.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    GSXR 450
    i just sat my full yesterday and passed so the 70k limit is no problem for me i just use it to get to school and stuff but i would like a bit more power just for fun i got some spare cash and would like it to be faster i just wanna see the look on peoples faces as i beat them in a bright green retro scoota, and so when ppl at school gimmie shit i can drag their cars off

also how cum my pic of ma scoota doesnt appear next to ma name?
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    i just sat my full yesterday and passed so the 70k limit is no problem for me i just use it to get to school and stuff but i would like a bit more power just for fun i got some spare cash and would like it to be faster i just wanna see the look on peoples faces as i beat them in a bright green retro scoota, and so when ppl at school gimmie shit i can drag their cars off

also how cum my pic of ma scoota doesnt appear next to ma name?
    Bless ya mate. God loves a trier. Go for the upgrade if it makes you happy.

As for the avatar pic, have you set up your avatar in your control panel?

I can't see it either.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    GSXR 450
    googlie bear wuts an avatair.......
    ne who ma scoota kick ass weather it goes fast or not 1/2 the guys say ur a fag 1/2 say bad scoota and the girls say take me for a ride
    btw i alos own a 50ccc yahamar thats like 24 years old no rego or wof and its cant take me up hills :P now if i was to soup that thing up now there would b a laft

edit: awsome found out what an avatair is now i got a pic of ma scoota
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    BMW K1200R
    Texmo,

your scoot will go as fast as your wallet will let it. However there generally is a rule of diminishing returns on speed, where you wind up paying lots of money to go only a little bit faster.

If you want to throw money at it, malossiuk.com is probably a good place to start.

A friend of mine once had a vespa supersprint (50cc small frame) which he fittted with a malossi 135cc piston/stroker kit, race clutch etc, and while it would wheelie quite happily, I recall it cost a few dollars to get it to that point.

The other problem was that the frame wasn't designed for that much power..

As for dragging off cars, you'd want to modify the gearing to increase the acceleration, which would then reduce your top speed.

I'd suggest be happy with the fact that it can do 98km/h, and throw the rest of your cash towards some protective gear assuming you haven't already.

If not for you, then for all the girls that are lining up for a ride on the back - I hear gravel rash isn't all that romantic.

Bike
    BMW R65LS, part time R75 old fart rider
    You are all being very negative..... I reckon an exhaust (normally makes a big difference) then after that bore it out a bit.... As for anything else, the next step to upgrade would be suspension or whatever the transmission is in them things

I think it is a great idea for a laugh. Personally I'd go for getting it up to 120kmh, and then change the gearing so it accelerates madly and does about 105.....
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Bike
    BMW K1200R
    On reflection 8.5hp > 10hp would be a 17% increase in power, which doesn't sound all that bad for $350 - I wish I could get a 17% gain for $350.

Assuming you've got the safety gear sorted out already, I'd look into changing the gearing, or getting some sticky rubber for it - I'd think passing someone on the outside of a corner with the running boards scraping would be far more fun than just dragging them off at the lights.

Bike
    GSXR 450
    yer i do have satfey sorted helmet one 4 me and one 4 some1 esle i also have gloves and a jacket but i dont think ill get leathers :P
    so if i want more omph u think i should go wif an exaughst bore it then change the gearing or transmition? and will suspenshion make much diffrence they dont seem 2 bad but im a newbie when it comes to bikes also cos its steel plated and it comes in at about 110kgs would it benifit much its i dumped a few kgs?
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    BMW K1200R
    yer i do have satfey sorted helmet one 4 me and one 4 some1 esle i also have gloves and a jacket but i dont think ill get leathers :P
    so if i want more omph u think i should go wif an exaughst bore it then change the gearing or transmition? and will suspenshion make much diffrence they dont seem 2 bad but im a newbie when it comes to bikes also cos its steel plated and it comes in at about 110kgs would it benifit much its i dumped a few kgs?
    The exhaust looks like it's probably going to be the most bang for your buck at this point, so I'd throw money at that first..

As for dumping weight, it's a free way to increase performance (until you start looking at carbon fibre bits)

It could be an interesting project to work on with a scoot.

You reckon 110kg, do you know if that's a wet or dry weight? (wet = with fuel + oil + coolant) Work out how how much you weigh with your riding gear to get a base weight for scoot(wet) + rider. Then find a quiet piece of road and time yourself from say 20km/h - 70 km/h in a particular gear.

That'll give you some base figures to assess any changes with. From there start to identify heavy stuff the scoot doesn't need - your avitar shows a pack rack.. try removing that, weighing it to calculate the weight of scoot - rack, and doing another 20km/h - 70 km/h run to see what difference it makes.

What stuff do you carry with you? Lots of heavy text books? They'd have a negative effect. Also check out your body mass index, if it indicates you're carrying a few kilos more than optimum, think about your diet / amount of exercise. Once again, reducing your own weight is a good way to reduce over all weight, and once again it's free.

On scoots with auto transmissions, they utilise cvt transmission IIRC which rely on belts, and rollers and stuff that I have learnt about and since forgotten.

The common way to increase acceleration is to change to different size rollers, but I'm not sure how the manual trannie is implemented on your scoot.

Do some research on similar vepsas and it'll become clear how to go about it.

Good to see you've done the smart thing with gear, I see too many scooterers around uni in shorts and t-shirts. Have you got boots as well? m/c boots have shin / ankle / toe protection, but even if you wear sturdy boots that protect the ankle bone they're better than sports shoes or racing jandals.

Thread Information