All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahameeboy View Post
    What's this +1 business Big D?
    shorthand for 'I agree'.

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    shorthand for 'I agree'.
    Righto.......................................

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    I want to ride a bike and be safe..............I don't get on my bike and think 'oh dear I might have an accident...sniffle'............safe riding is waht it is all about you troll you.
    Jeeezzzzusss.Why do you wear a helmet then ???????

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    Jeeezzzzusss.Why do you wear a helmet then ???????
    So I don't loose anymore hair and get bugs in my eyes silly

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    So I don't loose anymore hair and get bugs in my eyes silly
    Your'e stalkin me aren't ya. Well I'm not a christian check out Graham Capill. He might have what your'e lookin for.

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Your'e stalkin me aren't ya. Well I'm not a christian check out Graham Capill. He might have what your'e lookin for.
    You can tell.......not a Christian.......ah well no matter each to their own is cool with me

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    You can tell.......not a Christian.......ah well no matter each to their own is cool with me
    Going on the ride to the unveiling on sat? I like to meet the one's that wind me up . I won't be armed I promise.

Bike
    2017 GSXR 750
    Everyone has to be responsible for safety, come on ... you know that cage drivers don't care about anyone but themselves and where they are going and how fast they can get there.

personally, i think that any law that dictates a restriction on personal freedom is a bad idea, the hi vis idea, while a great idea, still restricts my personal freedom to wear what i want to.

That being said ... I own and wear a yellow jacket, not a high vis vest ... but still damn visible .. that's me taking responsibility for my own personal safety and trying to make sure that the cage drivers that do care, can actually see me.

I'm not trying to incite a flame war here, but compare this topic to evolution theory, it's the same sort of thing, the smart survive and the stupid die.

The only difference between us and the rest of the animal world is that any loss of human life is tragic, but just like evolution, ones own survival has to be the responsibility of the individual.

Just my opinion....

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Going on the ride to the unveiling on sat? I like to meet the one's that wind me up . I won't be armed I promise.
    Will be there all being well...........leaving at 9........

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    Will be there all being well...........leaving at 9........
    Sorry but as your'e riding a suzuki shouldn't you be leaving a bit earlier than that.

Bike
    CB1300
    too right why did they makes us wear helmets too. Infringin on ma rights man.
    Totally agreed. They made us wear them for the last thirty years. This has led to the decline of the average IQ of our surviving bikers.
    The concept was to protect those too stupid to strap one on by themselves.
    All we have really done is allow those same geniuses (that had to be told that their head was in danger from the hard black stuff and he shiny metal bits) lived long enough to breed a whole new generation of people who are now so stupid that when you buy a new bike it has to have stickers that advised letting go of the handlebars may cause the bike to be less stable.

Let those who ride decide, Darwinism will take care of the rest.

Yes, this is a little tounge in cheek.
    No, I don't wish anyone dead.
    I do believe that if we keep legislating what is safe people will continue to proceed with the concept that legal = safe.

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Totally agreed. They made us wear them for the last thirty years. This has led to the decline of the average IQ of our surviving bikers.
    The concept was to protect those too stupid to strap one on by themselves.
    All we have really done is allow those same geniuses (that had to be told that their head was in danger from the hard black stuff and he shiny metal bits) lived long enough to breed a whole new generation of people who are now so stupid that when you buy a new bike it has to have stickers that advised letting go of the handlebars may cause the bike to be less stable.

Let those who ride decide, Darwinism will take care of the rest.

Yes, this is a little tounge in cheek.
    No, I don't wish anyone dead.
    I do believe that if we keep legislating what is safe people will continue to proceed with the concept that legal = safe.
    Sorry Darwin is after you personally. You ride a hayabusa. Don't tell me "its for commuting" officer

have you read the instuction manual on litre bikes nowdays "engage clutch before depressing the gearlever"

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Sorry but as your'e riding a suzuki shouldn't you be leaving a bit earlier than that.
    What have I told you about being silly..............

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by NighthawkNZ View Post
    I disagree with all vehicles Daytime Running Lights...

I wrote this a couple of months ago
    http://quantumillusions.com/biker/node/228
    Over in Europe, the while DRL issue is getting worse. For years bikes were "encouraged" to ride with headlights on.

And for years the biking organisations fought against this, as there is no real, totally agreed and supported evidence that lights on helps - and there is a viewpoint that daytime lights are a bad feature as they affect distance judgement on the part of the other motorist.

Next, more and more bikes are brought out with AHO (automatic headlights on) as standard - my ER6 is like this.

And the biking organisations fought against this, for the reasons above.

In the (not too distant) future? They are talking about ALL vehicles running AHO.

And the biking organisations are against this, as it means that bikes will not stand out... in other words, going 100% against everything they've been fighting for over the years!

OK, I'm knocking them here - but AHO for all vehicle means we don't stand out - get lined up with a truck light behind you (if you're riding something like a Bandit with single headlight) and you effectively disappear.

Not sure who it was did the "POLITE" thing on this thread, but I see someone who rides an old GT500 - painted white, with some flat-sided white panniers on it. And wears a yellow flouro jacket. And a white helmet with an orange flouro strip round it. And the bike has orange flouro strips along the side.

Funnily enough, it is like the parting of the Red Sea when he filters through traffic!
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    What have I told you about being silly..............
    So you think I should be riding a suzuki then. They eat those whales theyr'e researchin you know. And how do they finance that research they build SV1000'S by the millions.enough said

Thread Information