Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trial by trickery or how Scott was stitched up

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    I followed closely the Scott Watson trial. I think that he is an evil bugger who is probably in the right location, but I don't think that he was proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt.
    That is one of the many myths perpetrated by the media with help from the Police. For example the Dominion noted on the 14 January the police have seized a yacht owned by a Picton man Scot Watson. They wore plastic gloves and were looking for traces of blood. The report went on and said that the police (Pope) were talking to (Watson's) associates. Hitcher crims and gangs have 'associates.' You and I have friends and acquaintances. At the time of this article that the Police did not have any suspects. On that basis Watson was a witness. So we have the head of the enquiry saying that they are talking to 'associates' of a witness. That Hitch is just two weeks after Smart and Hope went missing. Within a period of 14 days Pope was painting Watson as an 'evil bugger' and with no evidence whatsoever that Watson had anything to do with Smart and Hope's disappearance. Only 'evil buggers' have associates, not people like you and I.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyryder View Post
    That is one of the many myths perpetrated by the media with help from the Police. For example the Dominion noted on the 14 January the police have seized a yacht owned by a Picton man Scot Watson. They wore plastic gloves and were looking for traces of blood. The report went on and said that the police (Pope) were talking to (Watson's) associates. Hitcher crims and gangs have 'associates.' You and I have friends and acquaintances. At the time of this article that the Police did not have any suspects. On that basis Watson was a witness. So we have the head of the enquiry saying that they are talking to 'associates' of a witness. That Hitch is just two weeks after Smart and Hope went missing. Within a period of 14 days Pope was painting Watson as an 'evil bugger' and with no evidence whatsoever that Watson had anything to do with Smart and Hope's disappearance. Only 'evil buggers' have associates, not people like you and I.

Skyryder
    For once we agree on something. I'm glad because I always thought you were a stupid idiot.

You're still ugly though but at least not so stupid.

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Free Scott Watson... and Winja... and give me back my functionality on KB.
    Ditto

Skyryder

PS

That's what I told my doctor I want my fucktionality back.
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    There are many facts that were distorted and ignored during the case.

The facts that stand out for me are:

1. While it was true that the boat was scrubbed clean, it was done so a week or so BEFORE the murders.

2. The police said that Watson's boat didn't have a anchor on it and that it was "probably" used to sink the bodies. The boat did have an anchor on it visible in a photograph.

3. Scott Watson did not leave for land until 10pm that night yet he was somehow causing problems ashore before this.

4. Over 12 people reported seeing a Ketch but the police called them all liars.

5. Everybody (apart from Olivia's sister who never saw his face) gave a TOTALLY different description of the person last seen with Ben & Olivia.

6. For weeks, no traces of any DNA matching Ben or Olivia were ever found. Then mysteriously, 6 weeks later they found a hair. Remember Arthur Alan Thomas?

7. The way Pope mislead and manipulated the media meant Watson never stood the chance of a fair trial.

There's heaps more but that's all I can remember for now.

Bike
    None any more
    Hitcher crims and gangs have 'associates.' You and I have friends and acquaintances.
    I've missed something. I thought my post was reasonably clear. What point are you trying to make at my expense?
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe

6. For weeks, no traces of any DNA matching Ben or Olivia were ever found. Then mysteriously, 6 weeks later they found a hair. Remember Arthur Alan Thomas?

And when forensic first went over the hairs taken from Watson's boat, they didn't find anything DNA traceable to the missing people. Then , when the police, much later , sent the packet of hair (and other stuff) back to them and asked them to have another look - lo and behold they found a number of hairs that came from Olivia. And, a mysterious little slit in the sealed packet. Strange that.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    I've missed something. I thought my post was reasonably clear. What point are you trying to make at my expense?
    Even though I'm not talking to you, I will explain what my new ugly friend Skyryder was trying to get across, which I thought was quite clear.

It was the choice of words that Dope continually used when describing anything to do with Scott Watson. From the 3rd day Dope took over the case, he portrayed Watson as an evil bugger, even without having ANY evidence to link Watson to the murders.

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    I'm reading this book too, finding it a bit hard going haven't found anything about bikes yet. Bit frightening the way he was fitted into being the suspect for the media to spread. I'd be pretty scared if I was under investigation for a serious crime in NZ. I thought the "Arthur Allan Thomas" case changed the way where the prosecution was prohibited from witholding evidence that would give an advantage to the defence. Here they seem to have successfully found him guilty using the media before it got to trial.
    Currently the perception by many is that there is nothing wrong with the dna data base being established because it would prove your innocence. Looks like if it did they wouldn't release the results as they are inconclusive.

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    I'd be pretty scared if I was under investigation for a serious crime in NZ.
    You're just lucky that it's difficult to pull prints from avocado's. So where were you on the morning of the 01/01/98 and why do have a ketch buried in your back yard?

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    You're just lucky that it's difficult to pull prints from avocado's. So where were you on the morning of the 01/01/98 and why do have a ketch buried in your back yard?
    It sank entering my drive and was full of Avocardos Mr Pope. You do actually look like him. Just shorter.
    P.S They didn't get them all. I maybe passing Sat evening if the weather is OK

Bike
    Hodor
    Just finished reading TRIAL BY TRICKERY by Keith Hunter on the sounds murders of Ben Smart and Olivia Hope. No doubt in my mind of Watson's innocent. Anyone else read this book?

Skyryder
    Now you see if Watson had of had Clit Rickards Jury he prolly would have gotten off
    but yea I was suprised at the time that he was found guity "reasonable doubt" and all

Bike
    None, sold.
    4. Over 12 people reported seeing a Ketch but the police called them all liars.
    Exactly. The driver of the water taxi said he dropped them off at a Ketch.

Ketch = 2 masts.
    Sloop = 1 mast.

And here is a nice picture of Scott Watson's boat - http://trudyandtom.tripod.com/homepage/red.jpg - note the conspicuous absence of an eighty foot aluminium construction towards the back of the boat. Not exactly Sherlock Holmes territory, is it?

Dave
    Signature needed. Apply within.

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    Quote Originally Posted by zrxer View Post
    Now you see if Watson had of had Clit Rickards Jury he prolly would have gotten off
    but yea I was suprised at the time that he was found guity "reasonable doubt" and all
    Not to forget he was arrested 6 months after the murders.

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    For once we agree on something. I'm glad because I always thought you were a stupid idiot.

You're still ugly though but at least not so stupid.
    Just cos someone agrees with you it does not make them your friend. OK

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Even the media were pretty insistent, at the time, that it was a ketch they were looking for - then - suddenly, despite all the witnesses, no, it was just a little yacht that looked nothing like all the witnesses description.

Why do some police always try and make the "facts", fit their theory and to hell with the truth. A bit like object fixation, really......
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Thread Information