Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trial by trickery or how Scott was stitched up

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    "Goodie two shoes". I'll let the rest go.
    All one can say about the NZ justice system is "FREE SADDAM." NZ legal system would have, and Iraq would be one of our prefered immigrant countries. In this whole case justice was not seen to be done. Which is all it's about really, he was guilty before he went to trial because of the media and police manipulating the pre trial releases. I wasn't interested in the whole trial , never paid it any attention but now wonder how the F..k secret witnesses who contadict each other can be taken seriously. Cmon doesn't the system itimate that it is better one guilty person go free than to hang an innocent one . He didn't even ride a Honda.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    All one can say about the NZ justice system is "FREE SADDAM." NZ legal system would have, and Iraq would be one of our prefered immigrant countries. In this whole case justice was not seen to be done. Which is all it's about really, he was guilty before he went to trial because of the media and police manipulating the pre trial releases. I wasn't interested in the whole trial , never paid it any attention but now wonder how the F..k secret witnesses who contadict each other can be taken seriously. Cmon doesn't the system itimate that it is better one guilty person go free than to hang an innocent one . He didn't even ride a Honda.
    very true Doc, very true... but his brother rides a Guzzi
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    very true Doc, very true... but his brother rides a Guzzi
    Guilty then aye.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    Guilty then aye.
    I dont honestly know... but knowing the family Id say NOT GUILTY, either way its a fucking crock a shit the way Scott was delt with, the NZ police force has a lot to answer to.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    So why WAS Watson stitched up?

Convenient patsy?

Was shagging a judges doris?

Tried to get off a speeding ticket??
    Rob Popes resume looks better with successful convictions?? As with the David Bain case, it appears Rob is a bit too prepared to cut corners to get the desired result. And it certainly doesn't appear to have hurt his rise up the system.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Rob Popes resume looks better with successful convictions?? As with the David Bain case, it appears Rob is a bit too prepared to cut corners to get the desired result. And it certainly doesn't appear to have hurt his rise up the system.
    I was going to reply to SD's question myself but refrained from doing so as I think he was taking the piss.

Anyway some years back I occasionally ran into a now retired Detective Inspector mainly through plunket and playgroup connections. His wife was connected to the same group as my wife etc. I'll never forget a comment he made when we were discussing the Arther Allan Thomas case.

You don't get promotions if you lose trials. In retrospect I think promotion in the police force is a bit more involved but it was an off the cuff remark, without much thought.

Experiance over the years has taught me to take a great deal of notice of off the cuff remarks. Usually there is some truth in them.

Two million dollars, lot of money to spend with no result.

Don't take a rocket scientist to come to the obvious conclusion. Even the Judge discarded the law.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyryder View Post
    I was going to reply to SD's question myself but refrained from doing so as I think he was taking the piss.

You don't get promotions if you lose trials. In retrospect I think promotion in the police force is a bit more involved but it was an off the cuff remark, without much thought.
    Skyryder
    Hence why I have no desire to climb any higher in rank.

I shudder when I look at some that have got to inspector........
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    So it would be fair to say you're content being the type that just goes "to the market".

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    So why WAS Watson stitched up?

Convenient patsy?

Was shagging a judges doris?

Tried to get off a speeding ticket??
    The same reason David Bain and That gay dude at the chch creche was:

A successful conviction is a feather in some cop's cap.

Bike
    A chubby lollipop

I shudder when I look at some that have got to inspector........
    Not poking the Borax, but; could you expand on those comments?

You don't want rise higher you say; why? Is it because you don't want to run the risk of having the finger pointed at you for (hypothetically speaking) conjuring up shonky convictions to score brownie points, or is it that you don't want to rub shoulders with those already a rung or two further up the ladder? Or both?

How many dodgey inspectors spring to mind when you're shuddering and why don't you dob them in? Surely if the police force is harbouring inspectors who are nailing innocent people (or tampering with evidence, making it up, whatever) then the best way to clean things up is from the inside, right? Us mere mortals haven't got a snowball's chance in hell even when it comes to questioning traffic tickets, what show would we have of proving a bent copper to be bent?

Where does one draw the line? If you know someone is doing something wrong and you do nothing, then are you, or are you not, as guilty as that someone?

Bike
    Hornet 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Lias View Post
    Your being sarcastic I know my friend, but I'd personally rather have innocents locked up every now and then than criminals possibly let loose.
    I hope those words give you solace if your ever in that situation.

Voltaire - on his deathbed to a priest asking that he renounce Satan
    - Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies.

Bike
    A Cage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lteejay View Post
    I hope those words give you solace if your ever in that situation.
    Would it suck be that person? Sure. But for society overall is locking up a few innocents by mistake better than the potential damage caused by letting the guilty run free? I think so.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by peasea View Post
    Not poking the Borax, but; could you expand on those comments?

You don't want rise higher you say; why? Is it because you don't want to run the risk of having the finger pointed at you for (hypothetically speaking) conjuring up shonky convictions to score brownie points, or is it that you don't want to rub shoulders with those already a rung or two further up the ladder? Or both?

How many dodgey inspectors spring to mind when you're shuddering and why don't you dob them in? Surely if the police force is harbouring inspectors who are nailing innocent people (or tampering with evidence, making it up, whatever) then the best way to clean things up is from the inside, right? Us mere mortals haven't got a snowball's chance in hell even when it comes to questioning traffic tickets, what show would we have of proving a bent copper to be bent?

Where does one draw the line? If you know someone is doing something wrong and you do nothing, then are you, or are you not, as guilty as that someone?

Whoa, whoa dude, the paranoia will eat you up grasshopper, I was refering to incompetence and poor judgement rather than something more sinister.

Do you really think if innocent people are getting 'nailed' by inspectors that they would make it obvious let alone allow fellow workers know about it??

My comment was based on having no desire to rub shoulders with some who see the job as a way of grand-standing, pay increases and distancing themselves from the coal face.
    And making dumb-arsed decisions.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    2003 Yamaha XT225, 2010 Electric scooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lias View Post
    Would it suck be that person? Sure. But for society overall is locking up a few innocents by mistake better than the potential damage caused by letting the guilty run free? I think so.
    Trouble is, for every innocent locked up, there is at least one guilty person running free as an innocent is in clink instead of him/her/them.

As has been pointed out - they pen the innocent, they stop looking for the real villain... If they knew who the real guilty party was, there'd be no need to lock up the innocent (unless the guilty party was someone with enough influence in the "right sectors", of course...)
    http://wolfmotorcycling.freehostia.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a big hammer and a lot of care.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    I fucking knew it Hitch... but as toaster spelt it too I figered he knew what he was talking about so I changed the 'w' to a 'o' god I such a dumbarse
    Hehe I guess we both got busted by the spelling-police!

Thread Information