Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GSXR1000K7 review (Road)

Bike
    Various things

GSXR1000K7 review (Road)

Ok people, I've never bothered giving you guys and gals my views on bikes in the past, as being a salesman it can easily be passed off as simply 'selling them'.

But this is different. THIS bike is different.

Let me start out by saying there is NO WAY anyone needs one of these 'things' as a street bike. But that's not really the point. The point is....if you're anything like me, the sheer thrill of trying to master one of these things is worth the price of admission alone. I was laughing in my helmet the whole time I was riding it....just looking for someone to look at me the wrong way.

To sit on it feels 'right'. It's roomy but small, and not at all too agressive, even for an old git like myself.
    The last time I had something this slim yet angry between my legs, it was my wee Asian flatmate.

When you push the go button...it emits a much deeper growl than its older brothers while feeling just as keen to build revs.
    On the road, the huge midrange hit has been tamed down, and at first I wasn't so sure I was happy with that. But after a few runs up Alexandra Rd Mt Vic, I was sold on the idea. You can get up it far harder far sooner with this puppy, without the fear of having it unhook the rear tyre and chew your nuts off. I was amazed how much quicker I could ride it so much easier than a K5/6. I could concentrate on the next corner without worrying if I was actually gonna make it there. But........given enough room to rev it....and holy shit!! Whoever said they don't wheelstand that easily must be a limp wristed knobend. I mashed my nuts on the back of the tank when at the top end of second exiting a corner still cranked over,I had a wheelie wanna take me somewhere I didn't want to go (the other side of the road), and like a true pussy shut the throttle waaaay quickly and paid the price.

The brakes don't need any sort of comment other than fantastic.

The handling is much much smoother and far more sophisticated feeling than the 5/6, and it changes direction better than a 675 Daytona.

So........do you need one? No. Would I like one? F*ck yes. Am I mature enough to own one? No. Are you? If so....do it. Don't let anyone try and tell you they're not cool or good to own. Because to me at least...that's not what it's all about. If you like the thrill and challenge of owning something like this....need and practicality don't come into it.

Yes you'd go faster A to B on something else. But who really cares? That's not what these bikes or the people that own them are all about.

Yeehaa!!

Pete

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    without the fear of having it unhook the rear tyre and chew your nuts off. I was amazed how much quicker I could ride it so much easier than a K5/6.
    so you're saying it's a K6 gixxer for homosexuals and honda riders?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    so you're saying it's a K6 gixxer for homosexuals and honda riders?
    Nope....I'm saying that if you like showing homos and Honda riders just how gay they really are....this bike will help you do it. I've ridden a lot of big bikes in my time...and I can honestly say that this was so far removed from anything I've ever ridden on the street it's not funny. Well it is actually. I'm still grinning (and shaking).

Try one mate....you'll be convinced.

Bike
    Maybe you can help convince that little bald cunt to give me a pay rise then

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Yes you'd go faster A to B on something else... :

Ummm! Like what...?
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    Maybe you can help convince that little bald cunt to give me a pay rise then
    Doubt very much I'm the right man for that job mate!
    Tell him though that I had a beer the other day with the 'person' he knows that told him I never back off in an argument, even if I'm wrong.

Firstly.....he's not a person...he's a fucking hippy. Secondly, that's bullshit. I'm never wrong.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbear View Post
    Ummm! Like what...?
    That depends entirely on the individuals skill levels.
    For some...a 250. Others a 600...and some a 750. But if you're good enough to ride a litre bike as it should be ridden...then no other litre bike I've ridden comes close.

Bike
    I have a loner sitting in the garage right now!

Very nice to ride, Power delivery was very smooth and the brakes are fantastic!
    Handling was awesome and so easy to ride fast, doesn't feel as fast as my K4
    but I know it's down to being so smooth.
    I'm hooked on those slipper clutches!
    My only dislikes are that I think it's butt ugly and sounds terrible.

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.
    . I've ridden a lot of big bikes in my time...and I can honestly say that this was so far removed from anything I've ever ridden on the street it's not funny. Well it is actually. I'm still grinning (and shaking).

You've obviously never ridden a MV Agusta SENNA then.

Good review Pete.

Now to try an scam a ride on one of these at a trackday.
    Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Ok people, I've never bothered giving you guys and gals my views on bikes in the past, as being a salesman it can easily be passed off as simply 'selling them'.

But this is different. THIS bike is different.

Let me start out by saying there is NO WAY anyone needs one of these 'things' as a street bike. But that's not really the point. The point is....if you're anything like me, the sheer thrill of trying to master one of these things is worth the price of admission alone. I was laughing in my helmet the whole time I was riding it....just looking for someone to look at me the wrong way.

To sit on it feels 'right'. It's roomy but small, and not at all too agressive, even for an old git like myself.
    The last time I had something this slim yet angry between my legs, it was my wee Asian flatmate.

When you push the go button...it emits a much deeper growl than its older brothers while feeling just as keen to build revs.
    On the road, the huge midrange hit has been tamed down, and at first I wasn't so sure I was happy with that. But after a few runs up Alexandra Rd Mt Vic, I was sold on the idea. You can get up it far harder far sooner with this puppy, without the fear of having it unhook the rear tyre and chew your nuts off. I was amazed how much quicker I could ride it so much easier than a K5/6. I could concentrate on the next corner without worrying if I was actually gonna make it there. But........given enough room to rev it....and holy shit!! Whoever said they don't wheelstand that easily must be a limp wristed knobend. I mashed my nuts on the back of the tank when at the top end of second exiting a corner still cranked over,I had a wheelie wanna take me somewhere I didn't want to go (the other side of the road), and like a true pussy shut the throttle waaaay quickly and paid the price.

The brakes don't need any sort of comment other than fantastic.

The handling is much much smoother and far more sophisticated feeling than the 5/6, and it changes direction better than a 675 Daytona.

So........do you need one? No. Would I like one? F*ck yes. Am I mature enough to own one? No. Are you? If so....do it. Don't let anyone try and tell you they're not cool or good to own. Because to me at least...that's not what it's all about. If you like the thrill and challenge of owning something like this....need and practicality don't come into it.

Yes you'd go faster A to B on something else. But who really cares? That's not what these bikes or the people that own them are all about.

Yeehaa!!

Pete
    do you reckon kerry dukie would beat fizzaman on one of these???
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    I have a loner sitting in the garage right now!
    So that's where WINJA is!

P.S
    Can anyone beat kerry Dukie but himself?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    You've obviously never ridden a MV Agusta SENNA then.
    I must be missing something here. The 'whistle' confirms it. What it is, I don't know.

BTW, awesome review Pete.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    So that's where WINJA is!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    a MV Agusta SENNA

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    do you reckon kerry dukie would beat fizzaman on one of these???
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Can anyone beat kerry Dukie but himself?
    He can beat anyone of us on an RV125 with flat tyres. Believe it.

Thread Information